Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but the huge majority of the content spoke to something else - so couldn't the prosecution just ask her about that instead? (Each and every friend of Travis' has very openly said he's not perfect.)

Yes, the P could ask her just about that on direct. But if she is called to testify, the DT will cross. And I think the cross exam is what is causing the hesitation to call Lisa to the stand.

Lance Ito did the right thing. There was such an overwhelming amount of evidence against OJ that Ito tried to give the defense whatever they wanted to avoid having the case overturned on appeal. I think the same thing is going on here, people are regularly convicted with 10% or less of the evidence JA left behind. Just like OJ, she is so, so guilty. The OJ trial was interesting because fame and celebrity might just acquit an guilty man. This trial is the same, except rather than being famous JA is smokin' hot. Would this case be interesting if she looked like Aileen Wournos (the real one, not the Charlize Theron version).

Yes but I seriously have to question the smokin' hot part!

Could be the girl he was seeing when his tires were slashed - I've never seen her name anywhere.
BBM I always though it was Maria, at least that is what I remember from 2008

118ejv7.jpg

The detective makes it sound like something good would happen if she told the truth, but in reality if she would have confessed, she most likely would have gone right behind bars anyway and been in just the exact same sitution. So, is there really any incentive for a criminal to tell the truth in her situation when they are guility?

It seems not saying anything and asking for laywer is always best way to handle if one is guilty of serious crime.

Great find but I thought we couldn't link to that site? :waitasec: I might be wrong so you may want to ask a mod.

Oops! Sorry if I did something wrong. I was just googling trying to find the episode to watch and came up on the transcript.

Please delete my post if it was wrong.

Do we know Kirk Nurmi's background / bio ?

I put his name in google and this came up :/ maricopasexcrimes.com

He advertises to defend people accused of sexual misconduct: "I can provide you with aggressive representation against any accusation that you committed a sexual offense."

Sex Assault – NOT GUILTY
Sex Assault / Unlawful Imprisonment – NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS
Sexual Exploitation of a Minor (10 counts) – NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS
Sex Conduct with a Minor, Sexual Assault – ALL COUNTS DISMISSED

Yucky

And the prosecutor said that it was the DT who brought up the stalking stuff with Mimi. So why couldn't the prosecutor use the same method with Lisa?

He said the DT brought it up in his opening if I remember correctly. Opening statement are not evidence.

BTW This is the Lisa we're all talking about:
But I think about how much fun we had while we were together. Although it didn't work out, I truly learned a lot from the time we shared. Not only did he push me to become more than I thought I could, he taught me a lot about relationships. Believe me, a lot of it he didn't even know he was teaching me. There were things I observed that I've taken note of that I don't want in a husband. But everyone has their flaws, and we would have dealt with both of ours just fine had things been different.
SAE+279.JPG

I put his name in google and this came up :/ maricopasexcrimes.com

He advertises to defend people accused of sexual misconduct: "I can provide you with aggressive representation against any accusation that you committed a sexual offense."

Sex Assault – NOT GUILTY
Sex Assault / Unlawful Imprisonment – NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS
Sexual Exploitation of a Minor (10 counts) – NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS
Sex Conduct with a Minor, Sexual Assault – ALL COUNTS DISMISSED

Yucky

Ugh. That is gross.

The detective makes it sound like something good would happen if she told the truth, but in reality if she would have confessed, she most likely would have gone right behind bars anyway and been in just the exact same sitution. So, is there really any incentive for a criminal to tell the truth in her situation when they are guility?

It seems not saying anything and asking for laywer is always best way to handle if one is guilty of serious crime.

to avoid the death penalty

Just a guess, but I'm wondering if the P's hesitation stems from knowing what might happen on cross examination. DT would have a field day asking questions related to TA's "duplicity". On Lisa's blog, she wrote that thanks to her relationship with TA, she was able to pinpoint qualities she DIDN'T want in a partner. I'm sure DT would go in regarding what those qualities were.

Hi, CreepingSkills. My guess is that Lisa's objections to Travis' compatibility had to do with his big, outgoing, sometime raucous, playful personality, not his sexual proclivities, or violent actions. He was a workaholic with numerous friends and business associates, not necessarily the ideal catch for some women I have known. Travis was obviously aware that he was charismatic and not given to bashfulness.

Maybe because of the things she wrote on her blog that lend credence to TA being "persuasive, unrelenting", etc.

I heard a woman state once that their relationship did not work out because the man was "too neat". lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed