Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #9 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally looking forward to the break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect timing for me. I'll be on medical leave when court resumes. I won't miss anything while I am back at work. And I will be at the courthouse Wednesday since I have to take typing test at one of the federal buildings.

but there is a guilt phase...

(the current phase)

So, this jury can find Jodi not guilty and it's over with, she walks? Even though she admitted to killing Travis alone, if this is true?

That said, I did notice the contradiction between him saying she spoke fluent Spanish and the media reports that she learned it in jail. I think Veronica is probably a nut case and I don't take the cat story seriously. JMO of course :)

I have not weighed in on this but really I would be hard pressed to think of anyone that I have come in contact with in the past 15 years that does not speak Spanish other than my parents. She is from Ca, northern I know I am sure even if English was spoken in her home, she had to know Spanish as well. She probably took Spanish in jail to learn how to write.

I use to live in Mexico and am amazed by family members and others who still have trouble writing proper Spanish. I remember one time going to the beach with this girl and she wrote her name in the sand and that she was there..here in present akii and did not know it was spelled aqui. I am sure her reason for taking it in jail was grammatically and because she had an interest and maybe because it was easy for her.

BBM
I had thought of that too but that does not make sense with his answer, thus border.
I think semantics is in play here and it may relate to the "age" of the jury. Many older folks do not think of "roommates" as we think of them. They understand "boarders" to be people who live in someone else's house and pay rent to that person. Think of the old days "boarding house" or "rooming house". I do genealogy and if you look at census pages......oh, maybe 50s and prior, you will find people listed as "boarders" in terms of the relationship to head of house. These days, it is much more common to refer to these types of lodgers as "roommates". Does sound a little more personal, somehow, nicer!

rewatching the end and wondering who 'gus searsy' (spelling ?) could be? State is asking to interview him during the 'hiatus' as he was just noticed by the DT earlier this week.. DT responds by saying that they don't want PA to interview him (and refer to ex parte previously on this)

interesting
I am probably totally wrong but there is a Gus Searcy who wrote a positive thinking self-help book. I have no idea why or how he would fit in but Travis was big time into positive thinking...and of course Jodi copied everything Travis was into.

He's much older and lives in DC so I really don't know if he's relevant or if it's someone my googling isn't finding...yet. ;)

So, this jury can find Jodi not guilty and it's over with, she walks? Even though she admitted to killing Travis alone, if this is true?

if they don't find her guilty of what the prosecutor is arguing for I believe she could walk.

(ianal, but I believe this is the dealio)

Looks like being off that long is dangerous....too much time....thoughts get pushed back...not like being in court day to day and hearing the info and processing it. IMO.

I am more concerned because there is a greater chance they will be exposed to details of the case during this haitus.

I take the things these people say with a grain of salt, including "Veronica." There seem to be a he[[ of a lot of people crawling out of the woodwork to get on air to talk about both JA and TA. They all have their own agendas and their versions of the "truth." They seem too attention seeking, which leads me to question their credibility in some respects. For example, TAs friends seem to be on a PR campaign to make him out as, literally, "Travis The Great," the BEST person in the world. Those who speak about JA have only one theme as well.

That said, I did notice the contradiction between him saying she spoke fluent Spanish and the media reports that she learned it in jail. I think Veronica is probably a nut case and I don't take the cat story seriously. JMO of course :)

LOL...like that woman that went on all the talk shows proclaiming to be a good friend of Anna Nicole Smith and said she was murdered? She pronounced her name "Ah-na". If she was such a good friend she would have known she had chemical dependency issues.

i'm trying not to spaz out too much but they bothered me too. what i worry about is some juror making up their own case here instead of believing the actual evidence put before them. we've seen it happen before with KC----that jury concocted a story that had absolutely no basis in fact.

surely they have to see her for what she is, i tell myself! she's not protecting an accomplice. she'd throw her own mother under the bus to get out of this. she ADMITS she did it. that's what they need to remember.

i think we're all snakebit from the anthony case. if that happens again here, i give up on the jury system.

I see comments on Twitter and other media sites and I cannot believe some of the foolishness that is coming out of people's mouths.

Do they not get that Jodi has admitted to killing Travis and her stories of ninjas etc. are lies?

When I read some of these things I worry that there could be somebody on the jury that is off on their own tangent.

Well...they had forensic evidence that Caylee was in the trunk and we all know how that turned out. I'm sticking with the opinion that you never know what a jury will do. I pray they get it right this time.

Yes, I too was freaked out...but I actually expected it, I believe there were more instances in her youth. Probably never know for sure.

Wasn't there a dog kicking incident as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember she implied some of the blood could be attributed to washing Napoleon :waitasec:

No, I believe their only choices will be...self-defense, felony murder and premeditated murder. Already guilty, just a matter of degree. jmo

When Budget rental man asked what color was the stain (in the car), he answered it looked like koolaid! Koolaid is not a color, is it? I wish the PA would have had the man clarify this.

jury questions:

Q: Were there any sets of knives that appeared to be missing a knife?

A: No. We didn't find anything like that

Q: Was the gun used to kill Mr. Alexander found in Ms Arias' possession?

A: No, it was not.

Q: Why were the fibers found at the scene, sandles, and pillows not sent to compare them?

A: We didn't feel it was necessary at that time.

Q: When you personally interviewed Mr. Alexander's roommates was there ever a mention of their concern for his extended absence June 4 thru June 9?

A: No. They believed he was in Mexico already. They didn't know his schedule.

Q: What were the alibis given by those roommates?

A: One was working and the other was actually staying at his girlfriend's home and they were house sitting for her parents.

Q: Did Mr. Alexander have a boarder or another person living in the house?

A: No. Just the two roommates.

Q: Were the fingerprints of the boarder taken to see if they matched any at the scene?

A: Yes. They were.

Q: With regard to the knife or gun: was Mr. Alexander's old BMW searched?

A: No. It was not.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 8 - Part 2 - YouTube

(for those who missed the questions)

I am very nervous about any jury and what they're thinking, especially after the CA trial. But, honestly guys, I wouldn't worry too much about these questions. I think the jury is just trying to get all the info and are trying to rule out as much as possible before they find her guilty. I'm actually glad they're asking questions like this because it proves that they're paying attention and taking notes. It's still early in the trial and I think with the witnesses to come, the jury will see what we all see. JA is guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder and deserves the DP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, according to that article she was still calling him on June 15th, when she had already been told he was dead (not that anyone needed to tell her that obviously). What a sicko!!

Probably to hear his voice imo

No, I believe their only choices will be...self-defense, felony murder and premeditated murder. Already guilty, just a matter of degree. jmo

This is just so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member