Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And regardless of hacking into his accounts, slashing his tires etc...he still had sex with her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell men get into abusive situations too and dont know how to get out of it just like a female or are afraid to anger the abuser. It wouldnt be the first person, man or woman, in a situation like this to have sex with the abuser trying to appease them hoping eventually they would go away and leave them alone.

Maybe he was terrified if he didnt do like she ask it would be more than tires that got slashed and he would have been right.

Travis' mistake imo is he finally had enough of Jodi and told her it was over but he didnt call LE just like so many dont who are in abusive relationships (men or women).

Jodi showed him what happens when he said ' no more.....leave me alone.'

She left him alone alright...........dead in his own blood.:(

And regardless of hacking into his accounts, slashing his tires etc...he still had sex with her!

Yes and that is very strange to me. One would think he would run, and never talk to her again. Obviously she was showing a propensity for violence, a lack of respect, an imbalance, hot temper, vindictiveness, poor judgement, etc.
Why oh why would he ever want to continue with a sexual relationship with her?

so, has the media ever dug up JA's highschool yearbook photos?

I am **amazed** at the lack of background on her.. really I am!

This video from In session doesn't have any *bombshell* information but :25 seconds in "Jodi Arias describes her childhood as ideal".

[video=youtube;HZHcvnOdSnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZHcvnOdSnQ[/video]

Wonder what that means?

Ideal? True?

or

Not ideal? LIE? (I'm leaning this way)

Thanks for all the hard work from everyone to keep us updated. My afternoon was interrupted by the birth of a cow :) Ahhhhh the joys of living on a farm.

So cool!!!!

Let me know please, if nancy grace has someone on to explain the reasoning and purpose of all those receipts and deposits today

Was it just to establish a timeline and maybe set up how she planned and how cooly she went about her business after hacking someone to death?

I mean, was it to map her trip? Document ky purchases? Hair dye? Later explain where the money came from? It goes to premeditation. But I think it's going to become clearer later.

BTW, my theory on the KY? She was using sex and thus wasn't really, sexually excited. It was a tool for her and since she wasn't really feeling it, she needed KY.

I really do not believe that Travis was easy to manipulate. He had numerous girlfriends, going to Cancun with one, etcetera.

The girl he was going to Cancun with was not, apparently, going to share a room with him. In fact, it doesn't appear that he had ever had sex with anyone but Arias.

To me, that makes him somewhat more naive than other guys that age, or at least more easy to, yes, manipulate with sex. See, if he had never had it, he likely found it like a drug - very very difficult to say no to or deny, even when he knew he wasn't supposed to per his religion. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he couldn't control himself as someone accused me of believing. He had a definite choice and he made his decision. But I can see a 30 year old guy just having sex for the first time finding that act extremely enticing and desirable.

In any event, he was the inexperienced one of the two. He was the guy raised sheltered by grandma during his formative years, in the Mormon faith. I can esaily see a guy like that underestimating the danger of a woman like Arias. I can see a guy like that not really understanding "crazy" and ignoring any subconscious warnings for the sake of indulging in sex.

At the same time, I see Arias, based on the murder and her later interviews with media and LE, as a cunning, calculating fraud, a manipulative sociopath who is well able to pick her victims and knows exactly what to do with her prey once it's caught. I think he could have been easily manipulated by her to some degree.

All of the above for $800 please Nursee

I am an all of the above girl myself

(literally speaking.. not figuratively speaking for those who are thinking what they were thinking when I said that hahahahahaha)

He might not want to try to hard to get her off if you know what I mean!

The motion today really had no merit and I think the DT knew it. They just are putting it on the record for the appeal lawyer and they will more than likely ask for another mistrial along the way somewhere about another issue. The evidence totally is the opposite of their argument. The evidence is quite clear imo, he was shot last and may have just died at the time or within seconds of dying. The Judge's decision was a sound one based on the evidence.

Defense attorneys say in a death penalty case they start trying to save the life of the defendant starting with OSs. That is their goal.........they know unless the Pinellas clueless has all moved to AZ she is going to be found guilty, murder one. So they would consider it a win if she is spared from DR.

I hope she gets death because she certainly deserves nothing less.

IMO

He could have had a thousand girlfriends and none of them would be like the master manipulator..stalker..tire slasher ...body slasher ....stalker...Jodi Arias, imo.

Thank goodness there arent too many like her out there.

IMO

hope you had a great dinner with your hubby!

In case you didn't hear...

Turns out there is no real Margarita Ville.

:what: Fins to the left, fins to the right,
Lions & tigers & bears, Oh My!:what:

icon10.gif

Yes and that is very strange to me. One would think he would run, and never talk to her again. Obviously she was showing a propensity for violence, a lack of respect, an imbalance, hot temper, vindictiveness, poor judgement, etc.

It is no different than when a female finds themselves in a very abusive relationship with a male. There is intimidation...coertion ...a fear of what may happen if he does give in to her demands...and on and on.

IMO

hope you had a great dinner with your hubby!

Why thank you my favorite bee.:seeya:

We had a lovely time.

We got there at 3:30 and didnt even leave until 7:00. :D We always enjoy each others company so much so the time flies by. The food was delish.

gitana

what do you think of this trial?

(I am so interested in your take as a lawyer)

tia

This video from In session doesn't have any *bombshell* information but :25 seconds in "Jodi Arias describes her childhood as ideal".

What we know about Jodi Arias - YouTube

Wonder what that means?

Ideal? True?

or

Not ideal? LIE? (I'm leaning this way)

Wait. Who else just said that recently? Someone else lied about their childhood, stating it was "ideal" in one of these case, when it was far from it. Anyone recall who that was? Total selective memory. Oh yeah. elizabeth johnson! You know, the rat that suffocated her baby to death to get back at her boyfriend for talking to other women and who is doing no more than a few years for the crime!

She was in and out of foster care, her parents were horrible drunks and I think one committed suicide. But her childhood was idyllic, she claimed.

He could have had a thousand girlfriends and none of them would be like the master manipulator..stalker..tire slasher ...body slasher ....stalker...Jodi Arias, imo.

Thank goodness there arent too many like her out there.

IMO

Yeah. And to add to my earlier post, I think some men have to be taught how not to be a victim of this type of woman just like some women have to be taught how not to be a victim. I was taught and I am teaching my young brothers in law (Now 17, 19 and 21). The middle one has this friend who is constantly "liking" every last post he makes on facebook and commenting on each one. Okay, so she likes him. But then she came slinking up to him and rubbed on him like a cat marking its territory, while she purred, "Meeeoowww". That little action brings it to another level for me. It's subtle, but it does say something. To me it says she is possessive and coupled with the facebook stalking, obsessive. We told him she's crazy and to never ever do anything with her or he'd never be able to get her out of his life.

so who wants to bite:

why did she keep all the receipts?

alibi that she was not in arizona?

proof that she was somewhere else (even though none of them are concurrent with murder)

write off for PPL

murder memories

I think she did it for alibi and I think it shows some premeditation. All those receipts all over the place and NONE anywhere close to Arizona. I think she planned it all out in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I think she did it for alibi and I think it shows some premeditation. All those receipts all over the place and NONE anywhere close to Arizona. I think she planned it all out in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I think you are right. Jodi really thinks she is smart but she really isnt.

She probably thought ok.....if I keep the receipts then LE will think these are the only places I have been.

But by eliminating June 4th she brought more attention to it instead of less.

I really think Jodi thought she could giggle and coo her way out of this with LE.

IMO

So cool!!!!

Was it just to establish a timeline and maybe set up how she planned and how cooly she went about her business after hacking someone to death?

BTW, my theory on the KY? She was using sex and thus wasn't really, sexually excited. It was a tool for her and since she wasn't really feeling it, she needed KY.

The girl he was going to Cancun with was not, apparently, going to share a room with him. In fact, it doesn't appear that he had ever had sex with anyone but Arias.

To me, that makes him somewhat more naive than other guys that age, or at least more easy to, yes, manipulate with sex. See, if he had never had it, he likely found it like a drug - very very difficult to say no to or deny, even when he knew he wasn't supposed to per his religion. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he couldn't control himself as someone accused me of believing. He had a definite choice and he made his decision. But I can see a 30 year old guy just having sex for the first time finding that act extremely enticing and desirable.

In any event, he was the inexperienced one of the two. He was the guy raised sheltered by grandma during his formative years, in the Mormon faith. I can esaily see a guy like that underestimating the danger of a woman like Arias. I can see a guy like that not really understanding "crazy" and ignoring any subconscious warnings for the sake of indulging in sex.

At the same time, I see Arias, based on the murder and her later interviews with media and LE, as a cunning, calculating fraud, a manipulative sociopath who is well able to pick her victims and knows exactly what to do with her prey once it's caught. I think he could have been easily manipulated by her to some degree.

I think the KY was for all that anal sex they were having.

Why? Why does any man. Because they can. Obviously the sex was more important to him then the slashed tires. Did he think he was dealing with a normal, rational person? He didn't care. The SEX was more important!

gitana

what do you think of this trial?

(I am so interested in your take as a lawyer)

tia

Frankly, I haven't actually been able to watch much! I post between work.

But from the little I have seen, it appears the prosecution is doing a calm, methodical job of making their case. The prosecution team seems to know what they are doing and their witnesses are stellar.

Also, I like the judge. She also seems calm and not likely to make crazy decisions or get excited by the notoriety of the case or by the cameras.

The defense looks like they are doing a good job as well. They are doing everything they can but really, they have more than an uphill battle. It's completely vertical.

I do loathe the "hohkays" that the male defense attorney has to respond to every answer with. That's something usually inexperienced attorneys do, IMO. One of the reasons it's a no no is that the more words stated at a deposition, the more pages of transcript there will be and thus, the higher the cost of the transcript. Also, it can just be annoying to a jury or a judge. (But I'm peevy about certain things like that. Many people aren't).

However, it looks like the defense knows what they are doing. They just don't have much of anything, really, to work with.

But I am reluctant to give an attorney-like opinion because I was dead certain about casey anthony and we all know what happened there. In fact, every attorney I talked to was dead certain. It wasn't until near the end that I started to have some instinctual misgivings (oh and during jury selection, when the judge let in one woman who stated she didn't feel right about judging others. But, I got over that. How stupid was I to get over that and how stupid was I to worry about just that one juror!!!).

So, I have misgivings. The defense is going to try hard to crucify Travis when it's their turn to present their case. And sadly, from what I have seen lately, if the jury has even one woman who hates men or thinks that heartbreak justifies (or simply can cause) murderous rage or that a guy who continues to have sex with his ex after telling her he is not serious is a disgusting "sociopath", we could have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member