Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a shower door between Travis and Jodi, so she couldn't of done it that way. If Travis could of pushed it open and tried to get away from her that may of been when the camera was dropped and the ceiling shot. She might of starting stabbing him, and then rode him down as he struggled down the hall and then cut his throat and dragged him back to the shower.
She left him in a fetal postion, but I don't think it was on purpose.

The door was open, there are 20 shots of Travis naked posing in the shower.

So there were 82,000 emails/texts between JA and TA and I bet 81,998 were definitely JA to TA! JA was like a terminal disease that TA could not get rid of, there was no choice!

I adore that condescending, confident, aggressive, sarcastic tone and posturing in court

I don't. Imo, it's unprofessional. And 9 times out of 10 unjustified. It doesn't play well to the judge or the jury and risks a negative result in and otherwise sure winner.<modsnip>

He said, not verbatim, if you have a problem with me, say it to me --instead of making an objection. He said it in an agressive and dismissive manner and in an inappropriate passive voice, while the objection was totally justified. He himself was acting like a testosterony football dude, even thought he's like 5'2". Nurmi's statements were well-founded, since the record was NOT clear because there WERE people talking over themselves. Nurmi stayed totally calm and deferential in response. If there are repeated instances of that kind of thing, it will work against the prosecution. Just like it's clear to us that Nurmi would rather be anywhere else, it's clear to the jury, as well. Overkill on the part of the prosecution will only hurt, imo.

jmo, but I was sitting right there and was like, "wow, don't"

I highly doubt a jury will acquit the defendant based on an aggressive prosecutor. I understand you are having an issue with this guy's style and it's rubbing you the wrong way and making you cringe and dislike him. It happens, some prosecutors are very aggressive. Courtroom dynamics can be harsh and raw. Not always, not every day, not every attorney, and not even every day with an aggressive attorney, but more often than not, it's not a 'nice' environment. It's adversarial.

The important thing is: is this guy doing his job? Are the facts of the crime being presented well? Is the jury getting what they need? Is he bringing out important testimony and is he advocating for his side (the State of AZ)? Not is he warm, fuzzy, genial, friendly. Is he doing the job?

I don't. Imo, it's unprofessional. And 9 times out of 10 unjustified. It doesn't play well to the judge or the jury and risks a negative result in and otherwise sure winner. Nobody likes an a'hole. Especially when the a'hole is supposed to be professional and is gratuitously being an a'hole in a case he almost can't lose.

Except me:)

I loved me some Jeff Ashton, Jeffery Fieger...I like my lawyers arrogant and confident!

I'd bet JA took shots of TA with his back turned and started stabbing in the back. When he turned she put the knife in his chest and through the vena cava. The ones to the back were not deep and could have been executed very rapidly, expecially if she get right up against him in the shower keeping him from turning. The pain may have immobilized him for a moment or so. She is a female Jack the Ripper, aka Jodi the Ripper!

I'd bet JA took shots of TA with his back turned and started stabbing in the back. When he turned she put the knife in his chest and through the vena cava. The ones to the back were not deep and could have been executed very rapidly, expecially if she get right up against him in the shower keeping him from turning. The pain may have immobilized him for a moment or so. She is a female Jack the Ripper, aka Jodi the Ripper!

I think the first hand wounds came right after she stabbed him in the heart and front stabs. As he reached the sink and turned trying to escape down the hall, he fell, crawled ...the back wounds..the stabs to his head were him trying to protect his head ...covered his head with hands, receiving wounds to the back of his hands. when he collapsed or was too weak....she slit his throat at the end of the hall right over the threshold in the bedroom. IMO then she dragged him back, and shot him.

Except me:)

I loved me some Jeff Ashton, Jeffery Fieger...I like my lawyers arrogant and confident!

I didn't follow the casy anthony trial, but I know that's the prosecutor, and perhaps a case in point.

I don't. Imo, it's unprofessional. And 9 times out of 10 unjustified. It doesn't play well to the judge or the jury and risks a negative result in and otherwise sure winner. Nobody likes an a'hole. Especially when the a'hole is supposed to be professional and is gratuitously being an a'hole in a case he almost can't lose.

I have been on a couple a jury's and when it comes down to it you really are not paying attention to all that. I mean you notice it in the moment but when it comes down to it and especially when deliberating, it is all about the facts and evidence. jmo

If the dog was roaming the house while Travis was upstairs dead, I think its weird that the roommates didn't notice behavior you mentioned above. IMO there is probably a good explanation for this, but it does seem odd.

I think everything with the roommates is weird, assuming they were home at all in that 5 day period. From not noticing the smell of decomp, which would have started to become quite noticeable by day #4 even in a large house, to not being very aware of anything. I understand the roommates all led separate lives and had different schedules, it's just not going to make sense to those of us who would notice something is 'off' both in the behavior of an animal and/or in the smell of a home. Then again, some men (perhaps many men) are pretty clueless and unaware and they don't have the finer senses to notice much (again, assuming they spent any time in that home).

Other than asking them directly (I'm sure you can find their Facebook pages and contact each of them to inquire directly) (not advocating contacting any witness in a pending or ongoing trial in case that isn't obvious and common sense) or hearing them asked these questions if they take the stand, it won't make sense and will continue to seem odd and there won't be any good answers.

I highly doubt a jury will acquit the defendant based on an aggressive prosecutor. I understand you are having an issue with this guy's style and it's rubbing you the wrong way and making you cringe and dislike him. It happens, some prosecutors are very aggressive. Courtroom dynamics can be harsh and raw. Not always, not every day, not every attorney, and not even every day with an aggressive attorney, but more often than not, it's not a 'nice' environment. It's adversarial.

The important thing is: is this guy doing his job? Are the facts of the crime being presented well? Is the jury getting what they need? Is he bringing out important testimony and is he advocating for his side (the State of AZ)? Not is he warm, fuzzy, genial, friendly. Is he doing the job?

He wasn't just agressive. He was personal and angry in a personal way. Not professional and not good juju for the prosecution, imo. Nurmi's statement that the record wasn't clear b/c there were people speaking over themselves was TOTALLY well founded. I was sitting right there and he was right. Hopefully, the jury will like him. I'm on the fence. The jury liking and trusting him is key. Especially since they know the defense's heart isn't in it.

I think everything with the roommates is weird, assuming they were home at all in that 5 day period. From not noticing the smell of decomp, which would have started to become quite noticeable by day #4 even in a large house, to not being very aware of anything. I understand the roommates all led separate lives and had different schedules, it's just not going to make sense to those of us who would notice something is 'off' both in the behavior of an animal and/or in the smell of a home. Then again, some men (perhaps many men) are pretty clueless and unaware and they don't have the finer senses to notice much (again, assuming they spent any time in that home).

Other than asking them directly (I'm sure you can find their Facebook pages and contact each of them to inquire directly) or hearing them asked these questions if they take the stand, it won't make sense and will continue to seem odd and there won't be any good answers.

PLEASE don't contact them. They will be testifying. If you don't get your answers then, well, you can live without the answers I am sure. jmo

I have been on a couple a jury's and when it comes down to it you really are not paying attention to all that. I mean you notice it in the moment but when it comes down to it and especially when deliberating, it is all about the facts and evidence. jmo

I've never been on a jury and most likely never will be. So I have no basis to comment on your impression other than to say, I hope you're right :)

Other than asking them directly (I'm sure you can find their Facebook pages and contact each of them to inquire directly) or hearing them asked these questions if they take the stand, it won't make sense and will continue to seem odd and there won't be any good answers.

ITA. It's ridiculous to believe that his car's there, his dog is loose and unattended and there's even a slighty noxious odor from wherever and the roommates are just going about their business. If I were on jodi's defense team, I would've been pointing major fingers at the roomies. I had a dead RAT in my attic once and the stench was so nauseating I couldn't walk in the door w/o gagging. I 5 d/o human body...what?!

He wasn't just agressive. He was personal and angry in a personal way. Not professional and not good juju for the prosecution, imo. Nurmi's statement that the record wasn't clear b/c there were people speaking over themselves was TOTALLY well founded. I was sitting right there and he was right. Hopefully, the jury will like him. I'm on the fence. The jury liking and trusting him is key. Especially since they know the defense's heart isn't in it.

Karmady, it's possible you are experiencing this guy in a way that others are not. It doesn't matter if the jury likes him or not. It really and truly does.not.matter. This is not a popularity contest and there's no "Miss Congeniality" award given out. There's no "best/most/kindest professional demeanor" award either.

If any attorney in that courtroom behaves in a way that the judge doesn't like, it's her courtroom and up to her to admonish counsel. Martinez is not going away, there isn't going to be some new prosecutor take over the case, and he's not going to change. If it's that upsetting to see or watch the dynamics of Martinez, then my only suggestion is don't go to the trial, don't watch on TV or online, and don't listen to the trial testimony.

ALL that matters in the end is that the jury listens to the testimony, sees the evidence, follow all the rules of the court, and then follows the law to deliberate a verdict based on the instructions given to them by the judge. They each took an oath they would do exactly that.

I guess it is quibbling, but I am responding to the idea that he was truly afraid of her. I think he was highly annoyed with her, but I do not think he really feared her.

They did not live together, did they? To me, they were dating. I don't think she was terrorizing him in that he was really terrorized or he would have taken some measures like doing away with the doggie door. He could have doggie daycare with his money.

He may have had warning signals going off in terms of danger, but he was a strong man who I am sure felt he could take care of himself. Why not? How many killers does the average person meet?

If he was not afraid of her why was he telling his friends... including a doctor very close to him... that one Sunday he would not show up for church because she was going to kill him?

Its obvious that strong men can be brutally murdered by being slashed to death and shot. He isnt the only strong man who has lost his life when a ex wouldnt take no for an answer.

I think he was fearful just like any other person in this same kind of violent situation would be. He being a man has nothing to do with it imo.

IMO

The roommates are addressing this themselves on the Facebook pages about the trial. One of them is the state vs. Jodi arias and the other is the justice for travis Alexander Facebook pages.

Karmady, it's possible you are experiencing this guy in a way that others are not. It doesn't matter if the jury likes him or not. It really and truly does.not.matter. This is not a popularity contest and there's no "Miss Congeniality" award given out. There's no "best/most/kindest professional demeanor" award either.

If any attorney in that courtroom behaves in a way that the judge doesn't like, it's her courtroom and up to her to admonish counsel. Martinez is not going away, there isn't going to be some new prosecutor take over the case, and he's not going to change. If it's that upsetting to see or watch the dynamics of Martinez, then my only suggestion is don't go to the trial, don't watch on TV or online, and don't listen to the trial testimony.

ALL that matters in the end is that the jury listens to the testimony, sees the evidence, follow all the rules of the court, and then follows the law to deliberate a verdict based on the instructions given to them by the judge. They each took an oath they would do exactly that.

Anything's possible. But logic would dictate that you side with the person you like. Here, Martinez has all of the evidence in his favor and no reason to be an *advertiser censored*hole. Yet he was, and it was obvious. Jurors are human. Imo, he needs to get over whatever issues he has with Nurmi and present his case -- and not beat up his own witnesses and make snide remarks to opposing counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member