Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. It's ridiculous to believe that his car's there, his dog is loose and unattended and there's even a slighty noxious odor from wherever and the roommates are just going about their business. If I were on jodi's defense team, I would've been pointing major fingers at the roomies. I had a dead RAT in my attic once and the stench was so nauseating I couldn't walk in the door w/o gagging. I 5 d/o human body...what?!

What little I know offhand. Travis' room is on the other side of the large home. The roommate noticed a faint smell when he came home the day before but didn't think much of it, was very faint. The one roommate basically just sleeps there. It isn't unusual for them to see each others cars there and to not be home because of travel and or using other transportation.

He wasn't just agressive. He was personal and angry in a personal way. Not professional and not good juju for the prosecution, imo. Nurmi's statement that the record wasn't clear b/c there were people speaking over themselves was TOTALLY well founded. I was sitting right there and he was right. Hopefully, the jury will like him. I'm on the fence. The jury liking and trusting him is key. Especially since they know the defense's heart isn't in it.

I guess it is all about individual preceptions.

I have been a juror five times and I prefer hard hitting no nonsense Prosecutors more. I find them to have more credibility and I put more trust in them.

I actually like this Prosecutor immensely. I admire how he knows the case inside out and doesnt even look at notes. That shows a man dedicated to his duty imo.

I dont see him rude.......I do see him as a man who knows what he wants the witness to say and he wants them to stick to that.

Ryan infuriated me when he testified becoming nothing more than a windbag who was way too wordy when his answers could have been much shorter.

I like to see fire in the belly of the Prosecutor when the defense is trying to pull a fast one and this Prosecutor is spot on. He doesnt let them get away with any of their shenanigans.

IMO

Yes even though they are addressing it I personally feel people shouldn't be questioning them on their FB. Of course this is just my opinion as they have been thru enough.

What little I know offhand. Travis' room is on the other side of the large home. The roommate noticed a faint smell when he came home the day before but didn't think much of it, was very faint. The one roommate basically just sleeps there. It isn't unusual for them to see each others cars there and to not be home because of travel and or using other transportation.

It is what it is and there are so many variables that would slow the smell of the decomp down. The smell was smelled when it was smelled for the first time that day. The roommates had nothing to do with Travis' death and are devastated. The home is actually quite large and his area of the home is seperated from the other roommates almost like having another apartment.

Right. they said often Travis was traveling and they thought he was in Cancun.

He could have gotten a ride and left his car there for all they knew.

Yes even though they are addressing it I personally feel people shouldn't be questioning them on their FB. Of course this is just my opinion as they have been thru enough.

You mean they are questioning these friends? About what?

tia

Please note that I'm not advocating contacting any witness in an ongoing trial; I am merely pointing out that no one else can answer what these roommates noticed or not, when they noticed it, and why. Only they have the answers and only they can provide the context and the answers.

Perhaps the mystery will be addressed if/when one or more of them takes the stand.

Karmady, it's possible you are experiencing this guy in a way that others are not. It doesn't matter if the jury likes him or not. It really and truly does.not.matter. This is not a popularity contest and there's no "Miss Congeniality" award given out. There's no "best/most/kindest professional demeanor" award either.

If any attorney in that courtroom behaves in a way that the judge doesn't like, it's her courtroom and up to her to admonish counsel. Martinez is not going away, there isn't going to be some new prosecutor take over the case, and he's not going to change. If it's that upsetting to see or watch the dynamics of Martinez, then my only suggestion is don't go to the trial, don't watch on TV or online, and don't listen to the trial testimony.

ALL that matters in the end is that the jury listens to the testimony, sees the evidence, follow all the rules of the court, and then follows the law to deliberate a verdict based on the instructions given to them by the judge. They each took an oath they would do exactly that.

I can tell you this being a juror multiple times.....I had Prosecutors I thought were great and some not so much and the same for the defense attorneys but none of that EVER swayed my verdict which was always based on the evidence when applied by the law we were given. Not the personalities or lack of by the state or the defense.

So you are right they dont have to like either side. They are not there to judge a personality contest.

They are going to convicted JA based solely on the overwhelming evidence against her..........period.

IMO

:fence:

I have not heard anyone speculate this (because maybe they have seen the bottom portion of that "last" photo) but could JA already have inflicted the fatal stab to the heart in that photo? Hence his strange expression? Could he have slid to the bottom of the shower as a result of the stab? She could be standing outside the door with the camera expecting him to die like right now. Instead he gets up and hurles himself out of the shower to try to get away. She becomes furious and hacks/stabs him to finish the deed. Maybe not a realistic scenario because there might would have blood evident in the photo.
From the second I first saw the shower pic I thought the area around his left shoulder looked re-touched. I don't think he was already stabbed in the chest when that pic was taken but I do think she had made it blatantly obvious what she planned to do to him.

(I'm reading back and trying to catch up)

Please note that I'm not advocating contacting any witness in an ongoing trial; I am merely pointing out that no one else can answer what these roommates noticed or not, when they noticed it, and why. Only they have the answers and only they can provide the context and the answers.

Perhaps the mystery will be addressed if/when one or more of them takes the stand.

I wasn't implying that all Madeleine. I am more concerned with someone reading here and thinking it would be a good idea to do that though. jmo

Any mention of length of time for this trial to conclude?? I read a possible 3 months..Does that seem accurate?:waitasec: TIA

I wasn't implying that all Madeleine. I am more concerned with someone reading here and thinking it would be a good idea to do that though. jmo

someone should be advising them not to post so freely or to at least think before they post. I have seen comments by family members that are ill advised in a trial of this magnitude. Rest assured both sides have all info from sites etc as they have all been public since 2008 and before.

I know this may sound silly, but who fed Napolelian during those 4/5 days? I'd like to think the doggie door was available for him to go out to do his business - but did the roommates give him food/water? Did they notice any unusual doggie behaviour?

Mel

I think everything with the roommates is weird, assuming they were home at all in that 5 day period. From not noticing the smell of decomp, which would have started to become quite noticeable by day #4 even in a large house, to not being very aware of anything. I understand the roommates all led separate lives and had different schedules, it's just not going to make sense to those of us who would notice something is 'off' both in the behavior of an animal and/or in the smell of a home. Then again, some men (perhaps many men) are pretty clueless and unaware and they don't have the finer senses to notice much (again, assuming they spent any time in that home).

Other than asking them directly (I'm sure you can find their Facebook pages and contact each of them to inquire directly) or hearing them asked these questions if they take the stand, it won't make sense and will continue to seem odd and there won't be any good answers.

You and me both. Five or six days of decomposition and the roomies are just coming and going?? I'd like to see the floor plan of that house because it seems the stairs go right by the master b/r door. And for the dog to be loose but alone....didn't they find it odd not to be asked to make sure he was fed and let in and out?

I'm very curious about the witness lists for both sides. It seems like TA's close friends are talking to the media a good deal, and if they're witnesses, they should zip it until they have been dismissed. At least, that's my understanding from prior trials.

Also, I'm still gobsmacked that she not only did what she did, but proceeded to do laundry....two loads no less, after the killing. That takes a good amount of time. She must have had nerves of steel...one of the roommates could have walked in at any second.

They also didn't notice the laundry in the washer and dryer, so maybe being twenty-something bachelors, paying attention to housekeeping was low on their radar.

Do we know which hand had the two cuts, and whether she was left/right handed? I'm thinking that during the struggle she cut the opposite hand, or when Travis lunged for the knife it sliced her fingers. The tape doesn't negate the possibility she could injure herself, in fact I think it might make it more likely that she would cut her fingers in the struggle. IMO, of course!

As a lefty, this is a little troubling! :waitasec:

:waitasec: I am a "Lefty" (I think)
as far as handwriting goes. I also eat with my Left hand.
I am a Left handed "mouser" but I keep the right and left
click in the same position as a "Righty" would.

If you handed me a pair if scissors and asked me to cut a piece of paper I am a "Righty". I use my right hand/arm to dribble and make a basket, I bowl, throw, bat, wave, slice and dice with my Right .
Contact lenses insertion and removal, right as well.
:put em up: I shoot tin cans with my right too.
Pretty sure I would stab someone
with my Right as well.:twocents:
(I can't control the mouse with my right hand,:weaklink: can't
even slice a piece of bread or a tomato with my Left! :blushing: )

:eek: I am an oddball! :propeller:
My POINT? just because she writes with her left hand
doesn't mean she might not have used her right to kill Travis.

It worries me in cases where people are so quick to
think "oh it couldn't have been so n so" they are left handed.

I am not ambidextrous I don't think.
I can't use both hands interchangably.

:ufo:

maybe I'm an ALIEN:saber:

I highly doubt a jury will acquit the defendant based on an aggressive prosecutor. I understand you are having an issue with this guy's style and it's rubbing you the wrong way and making you cringe and dislike him. It happens, some prosecutors are very aggressive. Courtroom dynamics can be harsh and raw. Not always, not every day, not every attorney, and not even every day with an aggressive attorney, but more often than not, it's not a 'nice' environment. It's adversarial.

The important thing is: is this guy doing his job? Are the facts of the crime being presented well? Is the jury getting what they need? Is he bringing out important testimony and is he advocating for his side (the State of AZ)? Not is he warm, fuzzy, genial, friendly. Is he doing the job?

I agree with you in this post. The attorneys all have their own style which
we can either dislike or like. As long as the end result is the right one it's
all good.
I just wanted to add something regarding Jodi's state of mind. I think she
is showing the true colors of a certain mindset. I took a class on
dialectical behavior a few years back which proved very insightful.
That said, Jodi definitely has a disorder. Which one is the big question.
From the breakup to the trip is what started her unraveling and increased obsession with Travis.

I think it escalated like the poster above said and it's all she thought about.
She was going with Travis on that trip come hell or high water and would
use any means to accomplish this.
If it meant no Travis so be it. Jodie's emotions have now taken a new high
and to relieve the pain she has to fix things. And that she did.

I say all this because I believe her demeanor shows more of satisfaction than
someone who did wrong. Once she can't manipulate any longer fear sets in
and she has someone waiting in the shadows.
These people will take the punishment as they know their problem is solved.
In this case, no one else has Travis and never will; and that CanCun trip is
history. Jodie is relieved in her MIND> Now she knows where he is!

Do we know which hand had the two cuts, and whether she was left/right handed? I'm thinking that during the struggle she cut the opposite hand, or when Travis lunged for the knife it sliced her fingers. The tape doesn't negate the possibility she could injure herself, in fact I think it might make it more likely that she would cut her fingers in the struggle. IMO, of course!

His left hand and she is left handed.

He wasn't just agressive. He was personal and angry in a personal way. Not professional and not good juju for the prosecution, imo. Nurmi's statement that the record wasn't clear b/c there were people speaking over themselves was TOTALLY well founded. I was sitting right there and he was right. Hopefully, the jury will like him. I'm on the fence. The jury liking and trusting him is key. Especially since they know the defense's heart isn't in it.

Anything's possible. But logic would dictate that you side with the person you like. Here, Martinez has all of the evidence in his favor and no reason to be an *advertiser censored*hole. Yet he was, and it was obvious. Jurors are human. Imo, he needs to get over whatever issues he has with Nurmi and present his case -- and not beat up his own witnesses and make snide remarks to opposing counsel.

The attorneys are to ask the witness questions not make statements.
Nurmi's question/statement was uncalled for, you don't say "the other voices speaking"!

"Mr. Burns I think you might have already answered this question but I'm afraid it might of got lost in uh the other voices speaking."

http://youtu.be/_mG-HoiBA1k?t=2h7m13s

ITA. It's ridiculous to believe that his car's there, his dog is loose and unattended and there's even a slighty noxious odor from wherever and the roommates are just going about their business. If I were on jodi's defense team, I would've been pointing major fingers at the roomies. I had a dead RAT in my attic once and the stench was so nauseating I couldn't walk in the door w/o gagging. I 5 d/o human body...what?!
His bathroom was on the opposite end of the 3,600 sf home from the other roommates. They thought he was in Cancun so I'm sure the dog was fed and watered. Also Det. Flores testified, the roommates whereabouts were investigated and they were not at the home at the time of the murder.

The National Domestic Violence Registry was invited to comment on the Jodi Arias murder trial and her defense of being a victim of DV.

I have received much criticism for the opinion I gave. I want to express my reasons for doing so:
.... As a commentator we are sent case information that you do not see. I based my opinion on that. I believe the prosecution will succeed based on the evidence.

... Just take a look at the photos - if you can stomach it. From what I saw, Travis was the one who was abused, stalked and annihilated by a stone cold killer.

... I don't think Jodi was a victim of abuse by Travis. She may have experienced abuse at sometime in her life as she ran away frequently in her youth (I'd like to know why), she did not graduate HS.

... I was going by evidence and it's overwhelming and Jodi now admits her guilt (after 3 different stories) the truth is she almost decapitated Travis. stabbed him at least 24 times and shot him in the head. She didn't need this kind of overKILL to escape any kind of abuse.

... I felt it was an insult for this Jodi to so loosely use the excuse of DV after she had so horribly assassinated Travis. There is so much wrong with her behavior and none of it is typical for a DV victim. It is though very akin to how an abuser acts and this happened when Travis tried to leave her, also a common time when murder happens."

[ame="http://vimeo.com/57239382"]In Session Jodi Arias Trial 01.08.2013 on Vimeo[/ame]

You can read more of what she had to say on the NDVR on facebook.

I agree with you in this post. The attorneys all have their own style which
we can either dislike or like. As long as the end result is the right one it's
all good.
I just wanted to add something regarding Jodi's state of mind. I think she
is showing the true colors of a certain mindset. I took a class on
dialectical behavior a few years back which proved very insightful.
That said, Jodi definitely has a disorder. Which one is the big question.
From the breakup to the trip is what started her unraveling and increased obsession with Travis.

I think it escalated like the poster above said and it's all she thought about.
She was going with Travis on that trip come hell or high water and would
use any means to accomplish this.
If it meant no Travis so be it. Jodie's emotions have now taken a new high
and to relieve the pain she has to fix things. And that she did.

I say all this because I believe her demeanor shows more of satisfaction than
someone who did wrong. Once she can't manipulate any longer fear sets in
and she has someone waiting in the shadows.
These people will take the punishment as they know their problem is solved.
In this case, no one else has Travis and never will; and that CanCun trip is
history. Jodie is relieved in her MIND> Now she knows where he is!

Very interesting post....

I'm curious as to where the dog was when Travis was found. I'm assuming not in the master suite.

Wouldn't his roommates have noticed if the dog was locked out, presumably barking at the bedroom door days later? Or at least bothering them for food? I totally could see the roommates not smelling anything or having reason to be alarmed BUT the dog makes things harder to comprehend. Unless of course the dog wasn't there at all, possibly boarded somewhere in anticipation of Travis' Cabo trip?

Mimi (first witness) testified that Napolean was barking "like crazy" at the door when she arrived (with a friend), and even after pounding on the door, it still didn't raise the roommate who was listening to music in his room. In such a big house I wonder if there's a doorbell box on the upper level. My guess is the roomie must have had headphones on or something.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members