Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What little I know offhand. Travis' room is on the other side of the large home. The roommate noticed a faint smell when he came home the day before but didn't think much of it, was very faint. The one roommate basically just sleeps there. It isn't unusual for them to see each others cars there and to not be home because of travel and or using other transportation.

I know. I'm not saying they're lying or had anything to do with this. Just saying is that their story is not totally credible with a car in the driveway, an untended dog, no requests or instructions and a funk that most likely would have been present more than a little. I have house with similar square footage and a split floorplan. In AZ in June it's in the 90's or 100's every day. So either the ac was cranked non-stop or it was hot and stank. Chances are you would have whiffed it unless you had a separate entrance. Maybe they did, idk.

You and me both. Five or six days of decomposition and the roomies are just coming and going?? I'd like to see the floor plan of that house because it seems the stairs go right be the master b/r door. And for the dog to be loose but alone....didn't they find it odd not to be asked to make sure he was fed and let in and out?

I'm very curious about the witness lists for both sides. It seems like TA's close friends are talking to the media a good deal, and if they're witnesses, they should zip it until they have been dismissed. At least, that's my understanding from prior trials.

Also, I'm still gobsmacked that she not only did what she did, but proceeded to do laundry....two loads no less, after the killing. That takes a good amount of time. She must have had nerves of steel...one of the roommates could have walked in at any second.

They also didn't notice the laundry in the washer and dryer, so maybe being twenty-something bachelors, paying attention to housekeeping was low on their radar.

jumping off your post..I was thinking along the same lines as well of how bold she was to not thinking of being caught by the roommates and also where was the car parked that she drove in? Wasn't it a rental car too?

I know. I'm not saying they're lying or had anything to do with this. Just saying is that their story is not totally credible with a car in the driveway, an untended dog, no requests or instructions and a funk that most likely would have been present more than a little. I have house with similar square footage and a split floorplan. In AZ in June it's in the 90's or 100's every day. So either the ac was cranked non-stop or it was hot and stank. Chances are you would have whiffed it unless you had a separate entrance. Maybe they did, idk.

Don't forget T's computer and cell phone were also there. But if the roommates didn't go into the office they wouldn't notice. But wouldn't you wonder if you heard his cell phone ringing (unless he had it on silent)? :what:

Why are we continuing to question WHY the roommates didn't notice anything? It's already been said many times that, first of all, the roommates weren't home for the first 2 days. Secondly, Travis traveled a lot and it was not unusual for his car to be in the garage. If he flew somewhere, where would his car be? Also, the house was 4,000 to 5,000 sf. It was HUGE. Travis lived on another level and at the other side of the house from the roommates. i don't know this part positively, but most likely they had a separate entrance. And, lastly, Travis was behind two closed doors. It wasn't until the 5th day that the odor began to permeate the area.

Also, why are we calling the PA names? It is against WS rules and they have asked us on the thread to NOT call names.

Please let's not get this thread closed down. Thanks!

If he was not afraid of her why was he telling his friends... including a doctor very close to him... that one Sunday he would not show up for church because she was going to kill him?

Its obvious that strong men can be brutally murdered by being slashed to death and shot. He isnt the only strong man who has lost his life when a ex wouldnt take no for an answer.

I think he was fearful just like any other person in this same kind of violent situation would be. He being a man has nothing to do with it imo.

IMO

I am going by my own feelings, of course, but if I really felt someone was going to kill me, I would take action.

I have a former friend who my husband calls a soul sucker because she copies me and tries to outdo me and take over my friends, etc. I dropped her. Refuse to talk to her, etc. She only lives a mile from me.

Hubby and I talked about , "how dangerous do you think she is?" I know she takes revenge.

I do not think she is a killer, but if really did, I would do something about it.

I just cannot believe that anyone would sit by passively thinking someone will kill you. I am sure he said it, but kind of more joking. It is now that it seems prophetic. Travis was a mover and a shaker, not a passive person, I feel.

I am going by my own feelings, of course, but if I really felt someone was going to kill me, I would take action.

I have a former friend who my husband calls a soul sucker because she copies me and tries to outdo me and take over my friends, etc. I dropped her. Refuse to talk to her, etc. She only lives a mile from me.

Hubby and I talked about , "how dangerous do you think she is?" I know she takes revenge.

I do not think she is a killer, but if really did, I would do something about it.

I just cannot believe that anyone would sit by passively thinking someone will kill you. I am sure he said it, but kind of more joking. It is now that it seems prophetic. Travis was a mover and a shaker, not a passive person, I feel.

No, he was serious, this is the friend he said it to.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/11/did-travis-alexander-predict-his-own-death

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out this photo:
734280_410486275694187_193216846_n.jpg

But once I looked at this scenario it was perfectly clear:
30muzdl.png

I hope this helps all of you as much as it has helped me. :)

Why are we continuing to question WHY the roommates didn't notice anything? It's already been said many times that, first of all, the roommates weren't home for the first 2 days. Secondly, Travis traveled a lot and it was not unusual for his car to be in the garage. If he flew somewhere, where would his car be? Also, the house was 4,000 to 5,000 sf. It was HUGE. Travis lived on another level and at the other side of the house from the roommates. i don't know this part positively, but most likely they had a separate entrance. And, lastly, Travis was behind two closed doors. It wasn't until the 5th day that the odor began to permeate the area.

Also, why are we calling the PA names? It is against WS rules and they have asked us on the thread to NOT call names.

Please let's not get this thread closed down. Thanks!

I live in a "HUGE" home is AZ with a split floor plan. It's not that HUGE. I don't know that the roommates were on separate floors. Just that they were on the other side of the loft, just as my dd is. I hear every single thing she does. If not perfectly, enough to know that she's present. If she left a dead body, I[m pretty sure I'd smell it coming up the stairs. At which point I'm about 5 ft away from the br door even though I've got another 20-30 feet to go to my br and another 600-800 ft once I get there. So his roomies would have been about 30-35 feet from his br door. I'm assuming the mbr was over the garage, which would help explain why the smell wasn't noticeable to the roommates. If the room was over the kitchen, for example, they would have noticed. My point was that, if I were defense counsel, I might have pointed the finger at the roommates b/c their story is only marginally plausible. All the defense would have to do is bring the scent of a 5-day dead animal into the courtroom. It's nauseating!

The originals were cropped when it was decided his private parts would not be seen in court. The ones that were cropped, were described as such to the jury. They were told what the cropped out parts looked like.

Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he was stabbed in the chest his genitals
Could still be cropped out without disturbing a stab wound to the heart.
Also they were described as "tasteful" pictures that
were intended to go on Facebook or MySpace to show off
his after workout body. Any photo where he was
injuries would be very important. The prosecution
is using this unharmed shot as proof of when he was fine.

I really do not see the scared look many seem to see.
I think it's easy to read that into the picture knowing what was
imminent and since he is not smiling.

article-2260381-16DCBB10000005DC-937_634x370.jpg

Except the prosecution said he's being dragged by the arm and is on his stomach?

article-2260381-16DCBB10000005DC-937_634x370.jpg

Whoa, that's crazy. Thanks. I had a big problem with the perspective b/c I'm "challeneged" that way. What's the source of the pci?

I live in a "HUGE" home is AZ with a split floor plan. It's not that HUGE. I don't know that the roommates were on separate floors. Just that they were on the other side of the loft, just as my dd is. I hear every single thing she does. If not perfectly, enough to know that she's present. If she left a dead body, I[m pretty sure I'd smell it coming up the stairs. At which point I'm about 5 ft away from the br door even though I've got another 20-30 feet to go to my br and another 600-800 ft once I get there. So his roomies would have been about 30-35 feet from his br door. I'm assuming the mbr was over the garage, which would help explain why the smell wasn't noticeable to the roommates. If the room was over the kitchen, for example, they would have noticed. My point was that, if I were defense counsel, I might have pointed the finger at the roommates b/c their story is only marginally plausible. All the defense would have to do is bring the scent of a 5-day dead animal into the courtroom. It's nauseating!

It doesn't sound like your home is very similar then to the home that Travis lived in. It's silly to suggest pointing a finger at roommates when Jodi has already confessed to the crime. Whether anyone wants to accept it or even believe it, the fact is that Jodi slaughtered Travis ALONE and the roommates did NOT notice anything wrong or smell anything. That is a fact.

:what: Blown margins....... must get to the next page

Can you please edit your post and resize that pic .. here is a link you can use for it.. thanks!
Just add the http before it
://i50.tinypic.com/30muzdl.png

30muzdl.png

:what: Blown margins....... must get to the next page

Can you please edit your post and resize that pic .. here is a you can use for it.. thanks!
Just add the http before it
://i50.tinypic.com/30muzdl.png

30muzdl.png

Ok... Lol who did you get to be your models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like your home is very similar then to the home that Travis lived in. It's silly to suggest pointing a finger at roommates when Jodi has already confessed to the crime. Whether anyone wants to accept it or even believe it, the fact is that Jodi slaughtered Travis ALONE and the roommates did NOT notice anything wrong or smell anything. That is a fact.

Idk what's different about my home or why it sounds majorly different to you. Was there a separate entrance and were the other br's on a different floor? I have no idea. But, if not, it seems very similar to my home which is a two-story with a split floor plan with the master suite on one side of a loft. AZ homebuilders were not terribly creative in that price range.

My comment about the defense was exactly to your point. She shouldn't have confessed and pled SD. She should have pointed a finger at the roommate(s) or at least claimed heat of passion if she wanted to walk. Self defense won't get her there, imo.

It is not a fact that the roomies didn't notice anything. It's their statement -- nothing more. No one can know what they smelled or thought unless they told someone. Which they apparently didn't. And even then, it would be hearsay, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member