Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm simply fascinated by this twisted freak of nature.

She's the perfect psychopath.

I'd bet money she could pass a polygraph on every one of her versions.

My heart goes out to Travis's Family. They were devastated in Court today. I think it's going to get much worse for them. The Defense appears to be going after Travis. It will be ugly :furious: IMO I hope Jodi does get the DP.

For those asking about the roommate and his not smelling the decomp-Bear in mind this was a pretty large house, and I believe he lived on the second floor (with Travis living on the first). Also, when Travis's friend first went inside, she smelled it and thought the dog had made a mess. The door to Travis's bedroom was locked, and it's possible the air conditioner was on (just speculating) which would have slowed the decomp process.

Just saying, there may have been a foul odor, but it might not have been obvious or even suspected that it was coming from a dead body.

Does anyone know if Travis has a mother? I didn't see her there today and wondered if she was deceased or just couldn't bring herself to go to court.

do you guys remember the cbs special they did on this case where they actually interviewed her???? I will see if I can find it......

Does anyone know if Travis has a mother? I didn't see her there today and wondered if she was deceased or just couldn't bring herself to go to court.

hln link I posted that has all the background said he and sibblings were raised by grandmother... parents had drug problems and are deceased iirc

Wow, her story about why her license plate was missing is "way out there".:floorlaugh:

What was her story????

Yes, I agree. I read an article (maybe on Huff Post) where she accused him of it but I haven't seen anything else. She better hope there was something on his computer to support that because that's the only chance she has. I don't buy it for one second though.

I don't get how you can go from sex/showering/pics to murder in 2 minutes though? And why did she even have a gun (or was it his)? The most I know about this was the couple of 48 hours and Dateline episodes I saw and random reading this week.

I think she planned to murder him in the shower. I think she went over there, planning to seduce him and get him into the shower, where she would shoot him.

I don;t think she killed him on the bed and then dragged him to the shower. That makes no sense. I think she had him in the shower, asked him to pose and while he was doing so, told him to hold on a moment and pulled out a gun or came back with a gun. She then shot him but he didn't die right away and may have dragged himself out of the shower. So she got a knife and began stabbing him.

You can go from sex photos to murder in two minutes if it was planned that way. Which is awful cold and calculating.

You jogged my memory, and yes Jodi does want to say that Travis was a pedophile. When she was representing herself in 2011 she tried to have some letters put into evidence where Travis "confessed". The prosecution had the letters tested and proved they were forgeries. The letters were not allowed at that time and Jodi decided she wasn't qualified to represent herself and 2 public defenders were reappointed to her case.

"August 16, 2011 – A request to admit letters that Arias claimed to receive from Alexander prior to his death was denied. In the letters, Alexander allegedly admitted to being a pedophile. Prosecutor Juan Martinez told the court that the letters were tested and found to be forgeries. After the ruling, Arias told Judge Stephens that she was "over her head." The judge then reinstated her defense counsel. Arias' third story was detailed in the court documents as part of the request that she made to admit electronic copies of Alexander's alleged letters. "Defendant had previously attributed the crime to intruders. She now argues that all of the letters must be admitted to support her domestic violence defense," prosecutors wrote in a motion to preclude the letters. "Defendant argues that the letters are relevant to her claim of self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander." Arias, according to prosecutors, claimed that Alexander "became angry when she dropped his camera" and that she was forced to kill him in self-defense."

http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Jodi-Arias-Case-timeline-185418642.html

What a pig this woman is. If I was Travis' family, it would be all I could do to prevent myself from jumping over the rail and stabbing her in the eyes and throat with a pen. Sorry. But can you imagine having your beloved son, brother, etc., be gruesomely murdered and then have his murderer call him a pedophile? All the while flirting and coyly trying to charm everyone into setting her free? I could not stomach that. I would lose my mind and there would be an "incident" that would land me in jail.

not good for the state to bring up sex, the drive to copulate is greater than the fear of god for most people especially men. All this will do is open a door for the defense to say he was hiding his true identity and sex drive

Nah. He talked about his sex life with his friends and that's sure to be part of the prosecution's narrative. He admitted that she was not marriage material and he wanted to get rid of her but that it was hard to say no to a naked chick who climbs into your bed.

I don't see how that hurts the state's case. On the contrary, it shows why the defendant was becoming more desperate and angry. He would settle for sex but wanted nothing more.

The worst problem for the prosecution and the best thing for the defense is that the roommate didn't smell anything, supposedly. JMO

I just don't see how this is an issue. First of all, there are various reasons why that would be. The door was closed, maybe the smell just didn't seep out too much. Maybe they smelled something but dismissed it as something else. Maybe the home is big and they didn't have much reason to be by his door. Maybe they are stinky, messy guys and didn't register anything that strange. Second, I read somewhere that they did smell something - just not as powerful as when the door was finally opened. Third, we know that she admitted, finally, to killing him. So whether or not the roommates smelled something is irrelevant (red herring alert).

I also like how each witness is questioned by the state and then the defense immediately - it makes it very easy to follow and not forget testimony.

Hey, unless I'm crazy, that's how it always works! At least in California and in every trial I have ever watched in any state!

I'm sorry this is just infuriating to me that this NPD individual is still being fed copious amounts of self fulfilling narcissism by "winning" singing competions that they have behind bars!arrrggghhhhh!!
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/02/arias-jodi-caroling-competition-jail

Isn't it horrible? This is how casey anthony would have been, I think, had she been found guilty.

It irks me that sociopaths adapt so well to jail/prison. It's nothing to them. Just a new venue for their con jobs and b.s..

Just wanted to bump up the link again for any who may have missed it earlier and are wanting a play by play of all opening statements by DA and DT as well as any/all testimony..

click on the link and read from the bottom of the page up..it begins at 12:30pm PT and is still continually updating all the way to the present time..it will refresh every few mins to give you the up to the minute testimony that is time stamped as well..and this is supposed to continue each day for the entire duration of the trial...excellent for any who are interested in getting to the heart of statements and testimony taking place each day in the courtroom..also you will find no shortage of photos taken and posted throughout the course of op statements and testimony(photos of defendant, all attys, each witness on the stand, as well as shots of the family whose emotions obviously are outpouring at times regarding specific graphic and/or disturbing testimony and of photos that are being introduced into evidence and displayed in open court)

**again reminder scrolll all the way to the bottom of the page to begin reading from the bottom of the page up, it begins at 12:30pm PT..
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/02/live-blog-jodi-arias-opening-statements

Thank you so much! That's so cool for those of us who couldn't follow live!! Thanks!!!!

And just heard on HLN that 2 weeks before the murder, Jodi called cops saying her home had been broken into and her grandfathers' gun was stolen. The gun used during the murder was never found. If I were on the jury, that would be premeditation to me!

Exactly. And apparently the police in California found her robbery story fishy.

I think what I am trying to say, but obviously failed, is that ALL first degree premeditated murder is evil, regardless of whether someone is stabbed, shot, bludgeoned, strangled...the method doesn't lessen the impact and one family doesn't have a better time of it than another because of how it happened. So that's not what constitutes a DP case to me.

To me factors that I consider for a DP case are: prior crimes, # of victims, age of victims, circumstances, mitigating/aggravating factors, just to name a few.

This murder deserves LWOP. The reason I personally don't find it to rise to the level of a DP case is because:

1. No prior felony convictions before this crime
2. 1 person (an adult) killed, no others killed or injured, and no children were killed)
3. This is a crime of passion (i.e. an intimate relationship between killer and victim, in which something went very wrong and the killer turned to murder). However, IF a child (born or unborn) had been involved in addition to the adult killed, that would push it into a DP level for me.

For a case to be a death penalty case, I'd need to see

- more than 1 victim and/or
- other felonies (kidnapping, sexual assault, etc) and/or
- crime against a child

Examples of cases that rise to DP level for me: Petit family murders, serial killer murders like Bundy, Danielle Van Dam (victim 7 yrs old, kidnapped and murdered), Christian/Newsome, Laci Peterson & unborn full-term son, Tate/LaBianca murders. These are the "worst of the worst" type crimes in which the DP is a proper sentence and in which the killer is not mentally incapacitated or insane.

You get to decide what constitutes a DP case for yourself. Just because a state goes after the DP doesn't mean it will work and in some cases it can be a more difficult trial for the state. In this case, for me, it's not a DP case regardless of what the State of AZ is attempting. And note I'm not saying this case isn't heinous (it is) or terrible (obviously it is) or that the family isn't devastated (obviously they are), it's where I draw the lines as someone who does believe in the DP, but does not believe every single murder requires that sentence.

ETA: This case reminds me a bit of the Susan Wright case from TX, which was not a DP case in a state that is extremely pro-DP. Total overkill of the victim (male) by his intimate partner (his wife), she claimed she was abused, but stabbed him 190+ times while he was tied to their bed and then semi-buried him in an outdoor patio area . She called it "self-defense." The jury said otherwise.

I understand what you're saying. I have similar feelings.

But let me clarify. When we talk about crimes of passion in the context of the "passion" being a mitigating factor, we are not talking about the cold-blooded and calculating stalking and premeditated murder of a romantic partner, ex romantic partner or imagined romantic partner. We are talking about a sudden, passionate fury that renders the murderer somewhat (or seemingly) out of control, or filled with a crazy rage.

That kind of scenario goes hand in hand with catching a partner in the act of cheating or catching someone abusing one's child. That sort of thing.

It is clear, at least to me, that this woman carefully planned the murder or Travis Alexander. There is no "passion" involved in that. I think that's why many feel this is definitely a death penalty case and I sympathize with that position as well.

Neither of them were/are "photographers" as in Professional Photographers. Anyone who picks up a camera can claim to be a "photographer". I laughed when JA was described as a 'beautiful photographer". Definitely not beautiful or a photographer in my opinion.

First, hello my old :websleuther:friends & now my new ones! I'm baaaaaack! As usual, playing catch up, but had to jump in here with great relief to have found I'm not the only one who doesn't see her as 'beautiful'! Frankly, I've been quite perplexed by that constant description of her, & even though I AM getting older, I really do appreciate the beauty I see in other women! I find this case quite fascinating & am looking forward to keeping up here as I SO enjoy all of your opinions & comments. I learn so many things about so much on this site & really appreciate every one of you! This will only be my second trial here, Drew Peterson being the first & ya'll truly saved my sanity on that one! Happy New Year :yourock: everybody!

hln link I posted that has all the background said he and sibblings were raised by grandmother... parents had drug problems and are deceased iirc

Thanks, Nurse. Hey, can we move this to the trial thread?

Hi Everyone,

I normally deal with the UID boards but this case has fascinated me since I saw the CBS story on her.

I know some people have posted some pictures up on here of JA but I would be interested in taking a looking at the screen shots of the crime scene photos if anyone managed to get them. I know that some people find them offensive or horrible to look as so am happy if someone could message me with them or send me to a link.

I only briefly saw the end of the footage today as I was at work (over here in Aus) but IMHO she looks like a woman who is defeated and we are only on day one. I really hope that she stops with the fake tears though, very upsetting to think his family is so close to her in the courtroom and she is putting on a show...makes me sick!

P :seeya:

The 3 Family I saw in Court today. So devastated and understandably so were Travis's Sisters and BIL.

Can the letters that were forged be brought up in Court?

Hi Everyone,

I normally deal with the UID boards but this case has fascinated me since I saw the CBS story on her.

I know some people have posted some pictures up on here of JA but I would be interested in taking a looking at the screen shots of the crime scene photos if anyone managed to get them. I know that some people find them offensive or horrible to look as so am happy if someone could message me with them or send me to a link.

I only briefly saw the end of the footage today as I was at work (over here in Aus) but IMHO she looks like a woman who is defeated and we are only on day one. I really hope that she stops with the fake tears though, very upsetting to think his family is so close to her in the courtroom and she is putting on a show...makes me sick!

P :seeya:

hi, if you go over to My Death Space, there a a whole thread dedicated to this case and there is a pic of the bloody shower on page 233.

also, Nancy Grace showed a picture(s) of Travis's body.

It was always my understanding (IMO) that Travis was just using Jodi for sex while dating/looking for other women.

I thin it's very obvious that he did not intend on being engaged or even marrying her.

Are we allowed to post TM here?

Gems from those court documents:

'Examples of the communications from Mr. Alexander to Ms. Arias include an instant message wherein Mr. Alexander calls Ms. Arias a "three whole wonder"'

(Jodi to Travis) "Ahh!! I fell asleep! But to answer your question, yes I want to grind. And I want to be LOUD. And I want to give you a nice, warm, "mouth hug" too =)"

'There are also text messages that can be characterized as emotionally abusive [court documents' words, not mine], such as a text message Mr. Alexander sent Ms. Arias on May 10, 2008, which stated, "Why don't you have him come and **** you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and you dare insult me of all people. Someone you have should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are not all like you in that aspect."'

Hi, Iluvmua. I think that they were using one another for sex and that Jodi believed that sexual law of attraction meant something quite more.

That Travis was not a chaste Mormon boy does not surprise me. He was a vigorous, very physical young man who was probably more obsessed with sex because he had postponed having it. Having graduated from a college with a religious affiliation (not Mormon), I met many men and women like him. That he and Jodi wrote about their practices and urges might take some older people aback, but such sexual frankness is not that uncommon, nor does it indicate some pattern of sexual abuse.

The last note, by the way, suggests that Jodi was threatening Travis with privacy invasions, rather than he was sexually abusing her.

My heart goes out to Travis's Family. They were devastated in Court today. I think it's going to get much worse for them. The Defense appears to be going after Travis. It will be ugly :furious: IMO I hope Jodi does get the DP.

To me this is not similar to the KC trial in that Caylee was a perfectly innocent victim. Travis Alexander wasn't a good person, IMO. He led Jodi on for sex only and I think he made vague promises to her to string her along. He used her while looking for the perfect Mormon woman to marry and look respectable with. Even after slashing his tires, twice, he still had sex with her. It's also claimed that the T-Shirt that said Travis Alexander's was done by him.

He did not deserve to die, but he treated her like dung. JMO

Can the letters that were forged be brought up in Court?

IIRC, the judge ruled them out because they were obviously fake.

I too have been fascinated by this case but don't want to be heartbroken when she gets off and I'm frightened she will after FCA. MOO

Gitana...they said on HLN that he was killed (stabbed) in the bathroom/hallway near the bathroom and then was dragged into the shower. They said it appeared as if he was shot last as one final kill after he was already shoved into the shower as the bullet entered his right temple area and went down across and was lodged into his opposite cheek. To do this she would have had to been standing above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member