Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh flip flops thank you.

I'm grasping at anything that would show a tied up defenseless Travis because that would be so much easier to believe that a adrenaline packing, first stab wound to the heart JA.

I saw in the autopsy that Travis's hand had two defense wounds. None on either of his arms. I assume he was too weak to put up much resistance.

Correct me but LE says that Travis was at the sink coughing up blood. That only happens if stabbed in the heart, lungs or mouth. If you are cut ear to ear with the carotid artery opened all blood spills out of this wound, not from the mouth. Correct?

So she gets that one awful stab wound to the heart while he is in the shower and he stumbles out of the shower over to the sink where she goes ape$hit and stabs the hell out of his back, he crawls out to the hallway, she flips him over, cuts him from ear to ear, drags him back to the shower (making clean up easier for her with water) but the poor guy is still making funny noises so she shoots him in the head.

I don't care if he called her the names she claims he did. NO words will justify what happened to Travis Alexander.

But....this is what I'm stumped about. They say he was shot in the right brow. From the way he seemed to be placed back in the shower (yes, I looked at the gruesome photo) if she would have shot him at that point it would have been in the LEFT side. So at what point did she shoot him. I know originally investigators said she shot him first...which would be the same orientation/direction that the last (water dripping) alive photo was taken. Would it be possible for him to still struggle after he had been shot in the head?

If you are interested in how is body was positioned in the shower when they found him, you can look here for the photo. I believe his thigh is toward the left and his upper body propped on the right. http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981833747

ETA: Well shoot. The link doesn't work, but the image was posted on a Gather article.

Thanks! Is that pretty much where it would be expected to land if shot from the position he was found in?

I think so but then again I'm not a firearms expert.

I would suspect as I've indicated in this thread that Travis had to be down in some capacity to receive his gunshot wound. It was above his eyebrow and that's pretty high up on his body and she's pretty short. I would guess that he was either bent over, on the ground, or sitting in the shower to receive that type of entry wound.

I think so but then again I'm not a firearms expert.

I would suspect as I've indicated in this thread that Travis had to be down in some capacity to receive his gunshot wound. It was above his eyebrow and that's pretty high up on his body and she's pretty short. I would guess that he was either bent over, on the ground, or sitting in the shower to receive that type of entry wound.

Right, I knew he was already down when shot I just don't know how the casing would fly out, which direction and how far. Was hoping you would lol. Thanks for your info tho.

NG will show this case tonight on HLN on Nancy Grace Mysteries.

Wonder what the email said that he sent to her? It sounds like it was pretty strong and it sent her into a rage... Think it will be used by prosecutors and entered into evidence?

Hi, Belladonna. I think that the email(s) used the quotes mentioned by the police in testimony; that she was a *advertiser censored* and a *advertiser censored*. Travis obviously really let loose.

How do you know this, is this stated somewhere? Thanks!

It is in Trigger's statement and link:

Originally Posted by trigger
I'm sure his friend Taylor Searle will tesify at the trial because Travis called him and told him that he just sent her a nasty email.

Here what his friend wrote...

There were several other similar incidents leading up to about a week prior to his death, when Travis caught Jodi hacking into his Facebook account, according to the police report. By this point, Travis had had enough and told her he wanted her out of his life.

“They had a chat where he tore her apart,” Searle says. “He called me the next morning and read to me what he said to her. I said, ‘Aren’t you afraid she’s going to hurt you?”

A week later, Travis Alexander was dead.
Read more

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

When Jodi and Travis were on friendly terms, she had been one of his Facebook friends, as evidenced by the photos and entries that she left on the site.

Can someone think of scenario where someone is shot above the right eyebrow but the bullet traveled down and lodged into his left cheek?

So somehow she was standing above him/behind him for the bullet to project not only forward but down. So somehow he would have had to been sitting up.

I'm sure his friend Taylor Searle will tesify at the trial because Travis called him and told him that he just sent her a nasty email.

There were several other similar incidents leading up to about a week prior to his death, when Travis caught Jodi hacking into his Facebook account, according to the police report. By this point, Travis had had enough and told her he wanted her out of his life.

“They had a chat where he tore her apart,” Searle says. “He called me the next morning and read to me what he said to her. I said, ‘Aren’t you afraid she’s going to hurt you?”

Read more

I read the article and OMG, the roommate was in the house while TA was dead in the shower!!! That sent shivers down my spine. Ugh.

Hi, CuckooHead. So macabre and so well stated. Like many other wound victims, Travis might have been in shock or simply confused after the initial attack, which might explain why he went to the sink to cough up blood rather than protect himself further by locking down the door. My brother-in-law, in the bleeding incident mentioned previously, stumbled around in the house for reasons that he himself could not explain later.

Sorry about the macabre. If there was any other way to say what happened to Travis without it being so graphic but I am rather analytical and am wondering aloud how the murder may have taken place which gives ZERO wiggle room for the defendant to pull the ' I was battered and in self defense, afraid for my life so I had to cut him to shreds' BS.

Frankly I think Travis may have been afraid of Jodi. Of what she was capable of doing. I would be. If someone was hacking my accounts, slashing my tires, threatening my girlfriend and slipping between my sheets at three am without my okay I would be very nervous. I'd be sleeping with a gun.

Jodi's mug shot always amazes me. She actually looks gleeful. I now know what I thought looked strange about her face and that is that it could be a mannequin's so flat and unemotional. Does she also have a lazy eye?

I read the article and OMG, the roommate was in the house while TA was dead in the shower!!! That sent shivers down my spine. Ugh.

Hi, Boodles. I believe that the person or persons were much more tenants than roommates. It was a large house and they led separate lives. Also, he or they had been told that Travis would be away on vacation. He was behind a closed door behind a closed door.

I think that she taught him his mean words and the dirty ones too. I think she encouraged drama and maybe some of his meanness came from her continual manipulation and her sexual ownership of him.

I'm no Jodi fan, but I don't buy TA as passive sexual object in this case -- just seems to cast him in an oddly naive light, whatever his level of first-hand experience, and positions JA in a way that reminds of femme fatale chestnuts of the decidedly less empowering variety. This was no callow youth but a bright and socially able (and ambitious) man.

Many of us have been with people who we were mightily attracted to but who for whatever reason did not fulfill our other emotional (or intellectual, or social or other) requirements. JA was his. Perhaps they were each other's. But it's always easier to leave a relationship, however toxic, if there are reasonable options close to hand. JA did not love TA -- she hated him. She may have wanted him but she hated him too. I actually think that the triggering emotion may have been his contempt for her -- nothing is more devastating to the fixated mind than indifference.

IMHO, of course.

s

Can someone think of scenario where someone is shot above the right eyebrow but the bullet traveled down and lodged into his left cheek?

So somehow she was standing above him/behind him for the bullet to project not only forward but down. So somehow he would have had to been sitting up.

I still think she shot him while he was sitting in the shower. He was sitting down and she was pointing the gun downward toward his head and the trajectory ended up in his cheek.

But....this is what I'm stumped about. They say he was shot in the right temple. From the way he seemed to be placed back in the shower (yes, I looked at the gruesome photo) if she would have shot him at that point it would have been in the LEFT temple. So at what point did she shoot him. I know originally investigators said she shot him first...which would be the same orientation/direction that the last (water dripping) alive photo was taken. Would it be possible for him to still struggle after he had been shot in the head?

If you are interested in how is body was positioned in the shower when they found him, you can look here for the photo. I believe his thigh is toward the left and his upper body propped on the right. http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981833747

ETA: Well shoot. The link doesn't work, but the image was posted on a Gather article.

I have seen one photo where the body was blurred out but it looked like the photo was taken showing Travis's body slumped with his back against the left side of the shower and his legs towards the right. If that is correct then the bullet wound entering his right temple makes sense. She was towering over him, shot down and the bullet entered thru the right temple and because she is shooting at an angle (being outside the shower) the bullet continues in that direction and (If I remember right) ends up lodged in his left cheek area.

It is in Trigger's statement and link:

Originally Posted by trigger

Read more

When Jodi and Travis were on friendly terms, she had been one of his Facebook friends, as evidenced by the photos and entries that she left on the site.

The reason I asked is because I was reading this morning on another site that TA's ms page had been cleaned up. Pictures removed etc, they said there use to be a lot more pictures on there of JA and others.

The one that started this website?

http:///

sickening

Thank you for posting that link bobloblaw. I am now fully absolved from feeling one iota of empathy for Jodi's immediate family. That woman is banking on another twelve people who also live somewhere where it is to hot to think straight for her sister to wiggle out from under the mountain of evidence that clearly shows the brutality of the slaying.

Sorry about the macabre. If there was any other way to say what happened to Travis without it being so graphic but I am rather analytical and am wondering aloud how the murder may have taken place which gives ZERO wiggle room for the defendant to pull the ' I was battered and in self defense, afraid for my life so I had to cut him to shreds' BS.

Frankly I think Travis may have been afraid of Jodi. Of what she was capable of doing. I would be. If someone was hacking my accounts, slashing my tires, threatening my girlfriend and slipping between my sheets at three am without my okay I would be very nervous. I'd be sleeping with a gun.

Jodi's mug shot always amazes me. She actually looks gleeful. I now know what I thought looked strange about her face and that is that it could be a mannequin's so flat and unemotional. Does she also have a lazy eye?

What does a lazy eye, or lack thereof, have to do with anything? I try to never judge anyone on their physical appearance. My ex-SIL (Who is Mormon and very pretty) did some time in Sheriff Joe's prison, for embezzelment. A newpaper interviewed her and some of her fellow jail friends and my SIL stated that she missed her Clinique! Kind of OT, but I learned then to never judge anyone by their looks or wealth (or appearance of).

Wonder what the email said that he sent to her? It sounds like it was pretty strong and it sent her into a rage... Think it will be used by prosecutors and entered into evidence?

The defense tried to bring this into evidence at trial yesterday, but only a portion of it (the portion that made TA look bad). The prosecution very quickly brought more of it in in their cross. The defense focused in on TA's statements that she was a "three hole wonder" etc. The prosecution put it more into context with TA's statement that he felt "like a human dildo".

I wish we could read the entire exchange. Too bad they don't have the same sunshine laws as Florida. We're only given bits and pieces.

I have seen one photo where the body was blurred out but it looked like the photo was taken showing Travis's body slumped with his back against the left side of the shower and his legs towards the right. If that is correct then the bullet wound entering his right temple makes sense. She was towering over him, shot down and the bullet entered thru the right temple and because she is shooting at an angle (being outside the shower) the bullet continues in that direction and (If I remember right) ends up lodged in his left cheek area.

There is a picture that was taken after the body was removed from the shower. You can see a cup in the shower that she used to clean his body with water and also the imprint of his head on the right side of the shower wall as you face the shower. On the gather sight it is very hard to make out the body position because the trunk of the body is bloated (sorry). But after starring at it hard enough and long enough you can tell his leg/lower half of his body is towards the left side of the shower. jmo

However, the prosecution did in fact state that he was sitting down and she was above him when she shot him above the right eyebrow area down towards his left cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor