John Edward's Love Child - Tell me this ISN'T his kid

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, JE is the one that broke his vows, but this woman helped him do that. No, she didn't force him to "perform", but she didn't turn him down either. Personally, I think she's the enabler and not Elizabeth.

If you're already going through the stress of cancer treatment (I've been there), who wants to add onto that with a messy divorce? For all we know Elizabeth makes his life a living hell every day for what he's done. Just because you don't read it or hear about it doesn't mean she's forgiven him and taken him in with open arms.

:nono:Blame the victim, the woman cheated on, the woman who has had cancer twice with young kids at home. What the h*ll do you think she should do if she's dying???? :banghead:
I think she should throw his sorry as& outta the house but she's doing it for her kids. And what does she owe you by admitting to the public anything????

:sothere:

You just said what I think she should do, but that's up to her. What she owes the public is honesty. She doesn't have to tell me anything but she shouldn't lie. And she has.

Where did I blame the victim? I laid the blame squarely where it goes, at JE's feet. He is the cheater. I don't get where RH is getting 100% of the blame for the fact that he can't keep it in his pants. She is partly responsible, yes, since she had to know he was married, but we don't know what lies he told her.

What I said about Elizabeth is that she isn't exactly behaving like a role model for women. I do feel for her, which I said, but she has covered this up and lied about it as well. None of my business if they were private citizens. But they aren't. They asked for the public's trust when he took public office and ran for president and vice-president. They accepted donations for his campaign. That makes them both open to questions, especially if he is not living up to his responsibility for an innocent child he fathered.

A child, might I add, who is the only completely innocent party in this whole mess.

Elizabeth's willingness to lie for him and act like all is fine in their marriage has enabled his behavior. I have seen it with addicts and abusers of all flavors, and I would be willing to bet that this wasn't his only indiscretion.

Now I'm wondering, why hasn't she gone after JE for child support? Do you think she's thinking that with EE having cancer, that if she dies then JE will come running to her and they'll be a happy family? It seems she's not wanting to upset him so she's just waiting for that time.

VB

Now I'm wondering, why hasn't she gone after JE for child support? Do you think she's thinking that with EE having cancer, that if she dies then JE will come running to her and they'll be a happy family? It seems she's not wanting to upset him so she's just waiting for that time. VB

I truly believe she's getting $ from somewhere, and that "somewhere" isn't about to be revealed.

ANGELMOM

ELIZABETH owes the public nothing. THe affair was discovered AFTER the presidential race was over. PERIOD. Where oh where was her willingness to lie? Because she didn't go on TV to tell you, the public about what her man did to her? She never lied, ever. She knows what she knows. But now if she has this picture of the child, she can go squeeze some more kiwis to get more answers.

In my opinion, I took your comments as blaming her. To me, you blamed her by calling her an enabler & saying she belongs on the Jerry Springer show. We all know what types of people go on that show and to remotely place her in that category is an incredibly low blow to a woman attempting to live her life with dignity & respect.

I will agree to disagree with you. I believe your opinion toward Elizabeth is wrong. She is completely the victim here and should she chose to remain with the sludge bottom feeder man she married, no one gets to question her. She's been through enough and I believe has suffered tremendously.

Where was the backlash when Hilliary was running for President? She too once strongly denied her husbands multiple affairs prior to Bills presidency. Should she still have been held to task while running for her Presidency as well?

Back to the AGRESSOR in all of this is the piece of trash who threw herself at a married man that had a wife fighting cancer. While the child may be cared for by Rielle and deserve being financially supported, it was a complete calculated move by Rielle which I deem extraordinarily evil.

If Rielle sues for child support, Elizabeth, should the law exist in her state, should sue the witch for alienation of affection. Complete calculated move also to get pregnant, I believe 110%. Women like that should have it very hard the remainder of their lives. It's disgusting how many marriages break up. JE deserves all the blame as well. He could not have been a more inhumane disgusting vile human being than to run for the Presidency AND screw this fake blonde chick on the side.

It is JE and JE alone that needs to answer up, NOT HIS WIFE!

PattyCake,

I too will agree to disagree.

Per Elizabeth's statement to the press:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/08/edwards-affair-elizabeth_n_117864.html

He told her in 2006. She was diagnosed in 2007. Was he not (briefly) a candidate in the last election? Did she or did she not stand beside him?

"I am proud of the courage John showed by his honesty in the face of shame."

Please! What honesty has he shown???

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...elizabeth_edwards_stayed_with_cheating_h.html

...reports keep emerging that Edwards continues to lie and the affair never ended. "They broke up a bunch of times, especially when Elizabeth was rediagnosed [with cancer]," a friend of Hunter's, Texas publicist Pigeon O'Brien, told People. "But they got back together."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20214898,00.html

"I'm just so surprised and disappointed," a source close to Edwards tells PEOPLE. "We put in all that time and effort and poured our souls into this campaign. It's really unfortunate, too, that what he did now dilutes his credibility...

Friends of Hunter tell ABC that she and Edwards, 55, met in 2006 at a New York City bar, and that she received $114,000 from his political action committee to produce Web site documentaries for the Edwards campaign, despite her lack of experience...

"That's tabloid trash. They're full of lies," Edwards replied when asked ...
Edwards now admits that the Enquirer reporting was true

PattyCake,

I too will agree to disagree.

Per Elizabeth's statement to the press:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/08/edwards-affair-elizabeth_n_117864.html

He told her in 2006. She was diagnosed in 2007. Was he not (briefly) a candidate in the last election? Did she or did she not stand beside him?

"I am proud of the courage John showed by his honesty in the face of shame."

Please! What honesty has he shown???

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...elizabeth_edwards_stayed_with_cheating_h.html

...reports keep emerging that Edwards continues to lie and the affair never ended. "They broke up a bunch of times, especially when Elizabeth was rediagnosed [with cancer]," a friend of Hunter's, Texas publicist Pigeon O'Brien, told People. "But they got back together."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20214898,00.html

"I'm just so surprised and disappointed," a source close to Edwards tells PEOPLE. "We put in all that time and effort and poured our souls into this campaign. It's really unfortunate, too, that what he did now dilutes his credibility...

Friends of Hunter tell ABC that she and Edwards, 55, met in 2006 at a New York City bar, and that she received $114,000 from his political action committee to produce Web site documentaries for the Edwards campaign, despite her lack of experience...

"That's tabloid trash. They're full of lies," Edwards replied when asked ...
Edwards now admits that the Enquirer reporting was true

??? Everything you placed up above is all EDWARDS (the MAN) lying. Why do you have this need to vilify Elizabeth who is very much the victim and solely the victim here?!!

I give her the benefit of the doubt with having cancer & young kids at home, was attempting to ignore YES tabloid trash! Much of what you listed definitely Tabloid trash and not a thread of journalism value whatsoever. Who in their intelligent right mind would ever believe what’s written by the Enquirer? Again, she owed nothing to NO ONE about HER private life. SHE was not running for President.

What is it about her you want others to hate so much? But yet support the disgusting vile thing that got herself knocked up in a scam / blackmail attempt for a free ticket in life? YES, I suspect the only reason Rielle hasn’t gone public is because she’s probably guilty of extortion and blackmail. And if John has the goods on her, (ie: letter or emails…) then she could go to jail. What other reason not to even agree to paternity? Certainly if she’s basically homeless living between friends, she needs the money. What is Rielle hiding? Hmmmm hints of her fathers scams and crimes come to mind. Again, apple & tree thing.

I cannot understand your posts at all. Makes me ponder what has occurred in ‘ones life’ to make ‘one’ want to hurt or vilify the cancer ridden married woman who is completely innocent? :angel2:

This is slightly off the topic of the (love) child, but has anyone heard anything as to how Elizabeth is doing? She is a fighter,and I wish her the best.

??? Everything you placed up above is all EDWARDS (the MAN) lying. Why do you have this need to vilify Elizabeth who is very much the victim and solely the victim here?!!

What is it about her you want others to hate so much?

I cannot understand your posts at all. Makes me ponder what has occurred in ‘ones life’ to make ‘one’ want to hurt or vilify the cancer ridden married woman who is completely innocent? :angel2:

I never once said anything about hating or vilifying Elizabeth. You are reading a lot into my posts. All I said is that she is enabling his cheating behavior by standing by him while he ran for president and pretending everything is fine, and that I don't find that to be a good role model.

Please don't assign motives to me when you are accusing RH of all kinds of terrible things, including blackmail and getting pregnant on purpose for money. I have never been cheated on to my knowledge, nor have I ever cheated on my husband. I have never had any kind of relationship with a married man, and I certainly don't appreciate the implication.

No kidding! I mean, I don't think the woman deserves a medal or anything, but John is the one who broke his vows. Who knows what lies he told her about his marriage being "broken" or "open" or some other crap...

I agree. I don't really get blaming the "other" woman when he is the one who broke his vows. It's not up to another person to keep your vows. Married people face sexual temptation. They either succumb to it or turn from it, but it doesn't seem entirely fair to heap tons of blame on the face that temptation takes.

My best friend's marriage fell apart several years ago when her husband had an affair. I saw (and still sometimes see) the painful fallout from all of that, but I never once blamed "the other woman." She never blamed her either.

As for Elizabeth's role and public statements - I don't know. It's hard for me to throw stones because if I and my spouse were in the public eye, I know I would NOT want to trot out my personal life (especially the shameful stuff) for God and everybody to see. So I don't really have expectations that others in the public eye should do that - especially about something like a sexual affair - which has nothing in the world to do with governance (for me - at least - I know for others - an affair speaks of poor character and untrustworthiness in general).

I know affairs like this ruin a run for public office, but I wish that weren't the case. Excellent leaders have been philanderers and awful leaders have been faithful to one woman forever.

I will agree with you, angelmom, that this probably wasn't John's first time at the rodeo. Some women can live with that and I actually respect that stance (ie - staying with a man who strays). I don't know what I would do were I in Elizabeth Edward's shoes - I truly don't. I've always thought she was a supercool lady and I've always liked what I know about her. None of this has changed my opinion of her - and honestly, not even of John.

I think I am a cynic - I just assume that even the best men and women are capable of very bad behavior, so I am never shocked when their bad behavior is discovered and splashed across the front page.

In any event, I wish all of them - the grownups and the child - the best and I hope the adults are trying to take care of the child in the best possible way.

SCM...you are the bestest! That is why you are one of my favorite posters.

I really don't know how this got to be so much about whether RH or EE was worse when John is really the dirtbag, but somehow the thread went downhill. I apologize for my part in that.

I do think these things can be private, and I do think that people who have flaws can be excellent leaders. What I can't stand is all of the lying about it and acting holier-than-thou. When John called the NE reporter a liar, he used his own good name and reputation to discredit that reporter and the NE when he knew they were telling the truth. He did it to save his own skin - not to protect his wife, to whom he had already confessed - and his political career. And I think that anyone (including Elizabeth) who knew about it and stood silently by while he accused the reporter of being a liar has a credibility problem. What ever happened to "No comment." ???

Anyway, I'm with you. I have always liked her and am disappointed (for her) that their marriage isn't what I thought it was. I am sad for her that she has had to suffer this terrible disease and know that the man she loves/loved let her down in the worst way at the time she needed him most. I'm sad that she thinks that she needs him around enough to compromise.

SCM...you are the bestest! That is why you are one of my favorite posters.

I really don't know how this got to be so much about whether RH or EE was worse when John is really the dirtbag, but somehow the thread went downhill. I apologize for my part in that.

I do think these things can be private, and I do think that people who have flaws can be excellent leaders. What I can't stand is all of the lying about it and acting holier-than-thou. When John called the NE reporter a liar, he used his own good name and reputation to discredit that reporter and the NE when he knew they were telling the truth. He did it to save his own skin - not to protect his wife, to whom he had already confessed - and his political career. And I think that anyone (including Elizabeth) who knew about it and stood silently by while he accused the reporter of being a liar has a credibility problem. What ever happened to "No comment." ???

Anyway, I'm with you. I have always liked her and am disappointed (for her) that their marriage isn't what I thought it was. I am sad for her that she has had to suffer this terrible disease and know that the man she loves/loved let her down in the worst way at the time she needed him most. I'm sad that she thinks that she needs him around enough to compromise.

We can have a mutual admiration society then, angelmom, because I always read every word you write! I don't think this thread has degraded terribly. There is a lot in this story to feel ill about. Heck - I was a Hillary supporter and if I really wanted to put on my debating shoes, I'd be screaming about how she'd be President today if this story had broken a little earlier!

My Mom, an old-fashioned North Carolina debutante, LOVED Edwards and I remember being with her watching him and Elizabeth and their girls on TV one day before all this, and Mom said one of the reasons she liked him so much was that he obviously adored his wife and was still married to her and not out chasing shirt even though Elizabeth was no longer a teeny little sexpot. That means a lot to my Mom. And now it turns out he's a skirt-chaser after all. My Mom was (still is) crushed.

It's impossible to know al the ins and outs of anyone's most personal relationships. But I agree that it seems arrogant to run for the Presidency with information like "an affair while your wife is battling cancer" under your hat - and it looks like both John and Elizabeth had that information.

...but didn't Hillary do the same thing, enable Bill? He lied about an affair under oath and through it all she stood by him (at least publicly she did).

John Edwards deserves all the blame but the woman he was cheating with has to take some blame too. Yes, he's the one that broke his vows, but if she had any morals at all, once she found out (as if we all didn't know) that he was married she should have made him off limits.

...but didn't Hillary do the same thing, enable Bill? He lied about an affair under oath and through it all she stood by him (at least publicly she did).

John Edwards deserves all the blame but the woman he was cheating with has to take some blame too. Yes, he's the one that broke his vows, but if she had any morals at all, once she found out (as if we all didn't know) that he was married she should have made him off limits.

This is a very fair sentiment, lizzybeth - I know plenty who share it! For me, I think you can have morals and still find yourself involved with someone who is married. It's not my thing - mind you - and for women who want more, it usually ends very badly.

I agree with you that the Hillary/Bill/Monica affair can be seen in the same light. Very similar situations with high powered men and high powered women and high powered marriages. And who was that New York DA - Eliot Spitzer, I think? - and his house of call girls. The pages of history have plenty of these stories - an old, old story, so common enough for us to look for a thread of humanity in it, I think.

Absolutely! It's one of the things that drives me most nuts about her. She goes on and on about women being liberated and independent, and then she clings to that dog like she can't do any better! And while I admire a lot about the man's political and leadership skills, he gets an "F" in honesty. When someone lies that glibly, that smoothly, that easily, it makes me wonder what else they lie about.

One thing I will say for Hillary, though, is that I do truly believe she was blindsided by some of what happened. I don't think that when she went on the "vast right wing conspiracy" limb she had any idea how foolish she was going to look later when the Lewinsky scandal turned out to be true.

Absolutely! It's one of the things that drives me most nuts about her. She goes on and on about women being liberated and independent, and then she clings to that dog like she can't do any better! And while I admire a lot about the man's political and leadership skills, he gets an "F" in honesty. When someone lies that glibly, that smoothly, that easily, it makes me wonder what else they lie about.

One thing I will say for Hillary, though, is that I do truly believe she was blindsided by some of what happened. I don't think that when she went on the "vast right wing conspiracy" limb she had any idea how foolish she was going to look later when the Lewinsky scandal turned out to be true.

Yep - that was a position (soundbite!) that sure came back to bite her. It's interesting to speculate - I think it's pretty well-established that Monica wasn't Bill's first indiscretion and I think Hillary knew there were issues with her husband, but I agree that she was blindsided about a lot of Monicagate. I wonder what Elizabeth Edwards might have known about John in the course of their marriage before the Love Child story broke.

I absolutely think it's possible for women to be blindsided by their husband's (or a man by his wife's too) infidelity. I was for one. I remember someone calling me to tell that my husband was having an affair and I defended him. Later I felt like a laughing stock because it seems everyone knew but me. I loved him and I believed him.

Now in the case of a couple that's high profile or involved in public service I think it's less likely that they don't know what their spouse is doing. I wonder if some of these ladies felt that their husbands had so much to offer politically that they thought they were benefiting the public by not lashing out? Does that make sense?

I adored Jackie Kennedy but she was another wife that chose to ignore her husband's infidelities.

If I correctly recall, didn't Andrew Young, an aide, state he was this child's father? Why isn't he paying child support if this is the case?

Maybe R is just plain dumb in stating she has no money, yet refuses to go after the father for support?

NOTE: In response to several questions, I would like to add that this picture was not paid for, no money changed hands, and it did not come from Hunter. A friend of Hunter's simply wanted a decent photo of mother and child to appear in print. It's watermarked with the Fox News logo so it cannot be reproduced improperly.

Oh for goodness sake peoples ! People have affairs all the blinking time, and often the person who comes out being bashed the most is the one duped the most. Not saying its the case here, but as another poster said WHO knows what he said to her

He should have a paternity test and if the child is is step up to the freaking plate and look after his child

Honestly, what annoys me the most is not the act but the denial.

So you made a mistake well ADMIT To it and move on.

Secrecy and Lies - Makes me sick. People never think of the children. Hows this little girl going to feel when she is older ?

Oh for goodness sake peoples ! People have affairs all the blinking time, and often the person who comes out being bashed the most is the one duped the most. Not saying its the case here, but as another poster said WHO knows what he said to her

He should have a paternity test and if the child is is step up to the freaking plate and look after his child

Honestly, what annoys me the most is not the act but the denial.

So you made a mistake well ADMIT To it and move on.

Secrecy and Lies - Makes me sick. People never think of the children. Hows this little girl going to feel when she is older ?

Please don't take this as bashing you JaneInOz ( I love your posts and respect everything you say).

I don't care if he told her his wife was sick and approved of him having extramarital affairs or if he told her he would be with her when his wife passed and it would only be a matter of months. Out of respect for that woman I would have held off on the relationship or at least used protection so that a child wasn't produced from it.

There's no way to sugar coat what JE and this woman did. I don't care if it happens all the time, it's still wrong. :furious:

As far as how this beautiful, little, innocent child is going to feel when she gets older? She's going to feel as if she were abandoned and unwanted by her father and used as a pawn by her mother.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back