John Edwards Mistress

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMHO, having sex with someone outside of your relationship is more about "different" than "more beautiful." Routinely, I've seen this. Stepping out is rarely because the wife isn't physically attractive enough - it's because others are attractive in their own right and there is a fantasy attached to the newness of it all.

I agree, it's RARELY about more beautiful, it's about the ego trip that the *advertiser censored* gives the guy that cheats on his wife. I have found that men that cheat are looking for someone to make them feel special, it has NOTHING to do with looks. I have seen some gorgeous women get cheated on with people who just aren't.

Terrific write-up on this, one of the oldest stories in the world:

"Stop me if you've heard this one before: A popular and highly respected political leader is watching his career go up in flames after being caught in a scandalous affair that went on for months behind his wife's back.

It's just about the oldest story in politics. I don't need to tell you that you could substitute any one of about a dozen names in place of John Edwards -- Eliot Spitzer, Bill Clinton, Gary Hart, Jim McGreevey, Rudy Giuliani, even Gary Condit to some extent -- and the details and end result would basically be the same. In fact, it's the lack of any real sense of shock that's likely at least partially to blame for the mainstream media's reluctance to pursue the story of Edwards's philandering until he came right out and confessed on national television. Although there's little doubt that many "respectable" news organizations were uncomfortable sifting through a field plowed by the National Enquirer, at least a few journalists must have looked at even the hint of another political sex scandal and thought to themselves, "Dear God, not again." Especially not when there are so many consequential issues to be reported on this election season (which isn't meant to imply that these issues actually are being reported on). ......"

more at link
http://www.deusexmalcontent.com/2008/08/all-fall-down.html

The "there are so many more IMPORTANT issues, why should anyone care about a politician who cheats on his wife" attitude always annoys me.

It's some reporter dictating what should or should not be important to the rest of us.

It's some reporter siding with the politician who feeds him/her good lines and inside access, protecting the politician from the consequences of their choices. It's a reporter deciding to enable a politician to feel he or she is above the rules and petty little opinions that would affect the local preacher or principal.

It matters if I say it matters to me, is all I say.

I think it matters that John Edwards cheated on his wife who was suffering from cancer. It matters that the time to cheat was time he could have been with his children (and I speak as someone again who has seen children deeply affected by adultery.)

We should and can expect better of our leaders. They are not little Greek gods running about the earth falling prey to passion and creating all kinds of little dramas and myths. They are perfectly capable of keeping their pants zipped same as another profession.

They'd just like us to think that they're somehow, not capable, and some way, more entitled.

This is likely to be about alot more than just "cheating". As in the past, it's the willingness to go to almost any length with lies and cover-up that really brings down their careers and family lives. And all signs point to illegal use of campaign funds or worse.

That's an excellent point.

I have a hard time throwing stones at public creatures. I don't know any blameless humans and I do believe that flawed men can and do accomplish awesome things!

IMHO, John Edwards would not have been chosen to run with Obama regardless.

You and me both LoL!! Oddly enough, I can't remember ever thinking these men and women were anything near perfect or anything less than flawed. (Perhaps due to growing up post-Kennedy and learning about his personal life :eek:uch:.) And with every election, it seems like I'm trying to decide who I dislike less instead of voting for a candidate because I really like him/her.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that all of this with Edwards is causing the media to start pulling McCain's past indiscretions out of the closet. But I don't like it -- no matter who it is. Instead of mudslinging I'd rather see more focus on their voting records, which special interest groups they're tied to and things like that... things that might give some hints about how they'll do in office.

And with Edwards I'd much rather he'd stayed put representing North Carolina (and I think he might be feeling about the same way these days).

But, hey, all this is just mho and I realize I'm often in the minority ;)

Didn't McCain and his first wife have problems adjusting to his return? I think I read somewhere that it was sort a wind-down of a marriage rather than a sudden split.

I'd have less problem with Edwards if he hadn't pushed his family front and center during the campaign. He used her cancer as a way to promote his "nice guy" image.

I also have quite a few problems with the tone of his televised mea culpa.

How Edwards could sit across from Bob Woodruff, a man who openly talks about his recovery from brain damage and how the love and support of his family made the outcome a true miracle, and then sit there whining and whinging about own ego, well, it just floors me.

FTR, my husband faced a very serious bout of cancer, stage lll-lV Lymphoma. I do spend time with other cancer families, speaking with them about managing this roller-coaster of balancing care giving and treatments. Many of them struggle with problems that someone with Edward's resources could not possibly have experienced. I have not one whit of sympathy for his predicament. Elizabeth stood by him while he ran for office, he should be on his knees begging her forgiveness. He needs to quit everything else, go home and do everything in his power to heal his damaged family.

Didn't McCain and his first wife have problems adjusting to his return? I think I read somewhere that it was sort a wind-down of a marriage rather than a sudden split.

I'd have less problem with Edwards if he hadn't pushed his family front and center during the campaign. He used her cancer as a way to promote his "nice guy" image.

How Edwards could sit across from Bob Woodruff, a man who openly talks about his recovery from brain damage and how the love and support of his family made the outcome a true miracle, and then sit there whining and whinging about own ego, well, it just floors me.

FTR, my husband faced a very serious bout of cancer, stage lll-lV Lymphoma. I do spend time with other cancer families, speaking with them about managing this roller-coaster of balancing care giving and treatments. Many of them struggle with problems that someone with Edward's resources could not possibly have experienced. I have not one whit of sympathy for his predicament. Elizabeth stood by him while he ran for office, he should be on his knees begging her forgiveness. He needs to quit everything else, go home and do everything in his power to heal his damaged family.

Hopefully he Was on his knees begging for her forgiveness and still is!!!! As a wife I'd expect that and a bit more from my own hubby!! With the dreaded cancer, I'm so sorry that your family has had to go thru that. It is truly devastating and a horror no one should have to endure (they need to find a cure as in yesterday :mad:). Even with the Edwards' resources...well... ok, I'm not even going to go there... It's just too hard to even talk about (something I'm sure you understand)...

The way the deal with McCain is being discussed is he was still married to wife #1 when he got with wife #2 etc, etc. Honestly I'm sure he did have a hard time adjusting once he came home - something that I'm not hearing being talked about (right now anyway)...

One of the biggest issues surrounding Edwards' affair will be the possibility that certain campaign finance laws were broken. This makes it not only a moral issue but a legal one. Will the law step in and investigate? According to many lawyers who specialize in campaign finance, they most definitely should.

While Edwards' own attorney claims he gave money (monthly, at least) to Hunter and Young out of his own accounts and without Edwards' knowledge (and we are to believe this?), he still will be accountable for that money. He was not only Edwards' attorney but also his campaign finance chairperson. Any money spent by either of these men is to be accounted for under the laws that govern campaign finance issues. We already know that $114,000 was paid to Hunter for commercial videos that she shot for his presidential bid. And they were promptly removed shortly after they were released too, most likely because Edwards' wife met Hunter and the "bad energy vibes" were mutual.

Let's just say that this situation goes far beyond the question, "Did Edwards have an affair?" He did....and he obviously thinks the American people are a bunch of idiots if he expects us to believe that the affair ended in '06. It was only 3 weeks ago that he spent 5 hours in Hunter's hotel room, reportedly with the lights off. Its the height of arrogance to think you can take the public for such a ride....

And by the way, I'm a North Carolina girl. Generally, people here distrust Edwards and apparently with good reason.

Edwards infuriates me. Not only did he commit adultery, he STOPPED HILLARY FROM GETTING THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION.

I will not vote democrat.

John Edwards.

Our lovely Senator who never did a thing for North Carolina.

He isn't highly favored around here. His vacation home is just down the waterway on a gated island. My Dad almost ran over him one day while he was there for dinner with friends. He was jogging and ran out in front of Dad's truck. Bright man.

Anyway. My boyfriend grew up around the corner from him, and use to go to the Christmas parties. He knew his son Wade who died years ago and his older daughter who's name I cannot recall right this second.

I keep meaning to ask him about his opinion on "the affair" but haven't had a chance.

His reaction will either be "Not surprised, I mean this one time... (random story)" or "REALLY?! NO way!" I can't wait to see what he says about it.

Since I originally posted this, it has come out that he did indeed have an affair.

I finally got to ask sweetheart about it last night. His response "Not surprised." Gosh I know that man well.

He didn't really go in to it much further, and I didn't pester him about it. We'll see what he says tonight at dinner.

Did anyone see this nut who claims to be Hunter's former friend on Fox News?

talk about bad apples! Lisa Druck-Reille Hunter's father was named by Sports Illustrated in 1992 as a person who electrocuted his prize horse for the insurance money. What a weird freaky family:eek:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/local_news/epaper/2008/08/12/a2a_jose_0813.html

Quote:"Born Lisa Druck in Fort Lauderdale, Hunter didn't leave much of a footprint there. Or in Ocala, where she went to high school. Or in Tampa, where she briefly lived.

Her father, however, left a legacy that Florida's horsey set, especially in Wellington, would rather forget.

In a 1992 cover story, Sports Illustrated named Druck an early figure in a frightening trend: The killing of show horses and ponies for insurance money.

FBI informant Tommy "The Sandman" Burns told the magazine that Druck, for whom he worked as a stable hand, taught him how to electrocute horses. That way, insurers would believe the animals died of disease.

Burns said Druck paid him to electrocute Druck's brilliant jumper, Henry the Hawk. And because Burns didn't know how to do it, Druck showed him. He sliced an extension cord, attached one end with a clip into the horse's ear and the other to its rectum, then told Burns to plug the cord into an outlet.

Druck got a $150,000 check from the insurance." END QUOTE

OK-I am a little bit taken aback regarding the title of the thread.

That's awful but the girl can't be responsible for what her father did.

No, I understand that he is dead now as well but it show what type of family she came from and how she viewed her place in the world. Her father was an attorney and he had plenty of money and yet he chose to electrocute a horse for an insurance check in return. Great Family Values and all that.

Seems like a difference in character there, all right, and also in the way wives support their men when they are sick (as opposed to SOME husbands).

Think of Mrs Pausch who supported her husband and took care of 3 kids as her husband was dying; look at Mrs. Woodruff.

My husband also had Hodgkins; he laid around alot but affairs were the last thing on my mind. Shame on these egotists!! If I were Mrs. Edwards I would turn to my children and not put up with that Bozo any longer. My only shred of sympathy goes toward him for losing his son; I think they suffered alot from that and I'm sure it can make you "crazy". But all the more reason to put family first, the family that you have left.

The entire family wants to ride this gravy train. Who is really behind all of this media buzz about JE? I have some doubts. We may find out at the convention in Denver!:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back