John Ramsey Fabricated Open Basement Window "Evidence"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
tumble said:
He got up and asked John "what did you find?"

Toltec:
Interesting. I have read this before but I don't know where this info is coming from. Is it from Burke?
Is it here JR answers "We were not talking to you"?
It comes from the enhancement of the tape of Patsy's 911 call by the superduper technology of some deep space tracking station where it was claimed by BPD that Burke's and John's voices could be heard at the end of the tape after Patsy had hung up the receiver but apparently not properly so Burke's voice was captured from over the other side of the room. (do I get the booby prize for the longest unpunctuated sentence on the forum? don't answer.)

Sissi pointed out that the 911 call centre uses recycled tapes that are wiped every so often and re-used so what was picked up were the remnants of an old recording. This is so obviously what happened, but the 'Burke was awake and there downstairs' myth refuses to die.

UKGuy said:
Whats curious is that nobody remarks about the paint-tote or notes the shards of wood outside of the wine-cellar door during the basement searches after the 911 call, but they do notice bits of glass, beads of polystyrene, and other items.

So although one Officer notes the wine-cellar door was latched, he fails to note the evidence of recent activity, supposedly lying on the floor, and whilst Fleet White looks inside the wine-cellar and fails to see any sign of JonBenet, he similarly neglects to note or report the paint-tote and shards of wood?

But the whole basement was such a total mess UKGuy, it would be anyone's guess as to what was actually out of place. And it was quite normal for Burke to leave bits of whittled wood all over the house, according to LHP.

Cranberry said:
The first search warrant (thank you ACandyRose site) states Officer's French & Veitch searched the home and found no forced entry, so specifically they were looking at windows and doors, etc.
Yes but this is someone else's version of what Officer's French & Veitch said, probably doctored to put the spin on it that the commanding officer wanted.

Cranberry said:
From the JR interview (line 280) they discuss 'open' and 'opened' so who really knows. John used the word "if" it was open also. Very confusing exchange, like so many. The doorway being blocked eliminates anyone going out the window, even a bizarrely clever intruder.
Not if it wasn't blocked until 6:20 am.

Britt said:
Even so, the blocked doorway doesn't fit an intruder theory. Why would an intruder bother moving furniture in front of the doorway on his way in or out?
I don't think the intruder moved the furniture, I think FW did, long after the intruder had left, but before John went down.

tumble said:
locate the other painting materials, and my guess is that is where the paint-tote would have been

This pic 'http://www.acandyrose.com/12261996b' places the painting materials in the train room. I havn't seen any picture of the actual train room so maybe there were more shelves closer to the door.
In this pic http://www.acandyrose.com/basement-doors.jpg, is it the door to the right that was blocked by a chair? This area seems very clean in this pic.
This doesn't look like a crime scene photo. It looks to me as though it was taken after the Ramsey's had vacated the house. Yes I would say the door on the right is the one that was blocked by the chair and the one on the left is looking through to the cellar. But the place has been all cleaned up. Maybe the arm belongs to a real estate agent.

tumble said:
Edit: This pic show the spot were the painting material would be, http://www.acandyrose.com/trainroom-window.jpg. Probably the things on the right, but where there more closer to the door?
So this is taken from the hobby room looking across the storage room but I have never seen a photo of the inside of the hobby room itself. And yes you can see the stored painting stuff at the right. They called the hobby room the train room. Did I read somewhere that Burke had a trainset set up there? Maybe.

Britt said:
Why would he do that?
To remove the remnants of evidence of the pedophile activities that took place in the boiler room the night before that incriminated some of his associates, according to my theory, that is.

7 JOHN RAMSEY: I came down the stairs. I went
8 in this room here. This door was kind of blocked.
9 We had a bunch of junk down here and there was a
10 chair that was in front of the door. Some old
11 things. I moved the chair, went into this room,
12 went back in here. This window was open, maybe
13 that far.

From JR statement we understand that he was pointing at a drawing while describing what he did. Do we really know exactly what things he is referring to.

As both FW and French states that the door to the trainroom was open JR might very well talk about another door that was blocked. Looking at the plan of the basement http://www.acandyrose.com/12261996basement.gif we see a door just in front of the place market 'patsy's art and crafts rack'. Could it be this door he is referring to?
Went into this room. Maybe he is meaning the small room between the trainroom and 'basement wondow room'.
Went back here. Maybe he now points to the 'basement window room'.
Note he says 'went back' ie backing out of the small room.

IF this is so then no statements about the chair conflict because either FW or French bothered to look inside the small room. And the chair didn't block any doorway but just the door to the small room.

"I think the blanket she was wrapped in when she lay in the cellar was left there."

It was.

"Even so, the blocked doorway doesn't fit an intruder theory. Why would an intruder bother moving furniture in front of the doorway on his way in or out?"

Good question?

I have studied the 98' JR interview whre there is alot of talk about the chair. At one point they say

22 LOU SMIT: But when you went to the train

23 room, you had move these things in order to get

24 into the train room?

25 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. I had to move the chair.

So the chair must have been placed in the entrance to the train room.

IMO i think john made up the story of breaking the window a few months prior to the murder. I think he made it up in order to protect himself against questioning as to why he waited four months to inform the police that he had found the basement window open when he initially searched that morning. The BPD would have naturally asked "John what took you four months to tell us this?" John could then safly reply " well i had assumed i had broken the window a few months back during the summer when i was locked out of the house, i felt it was unrelated to the case and therefore didnt report it".

I'm a bit confused about the whole blanket deal. So JBR was found wrapped in a white blanket in the basement. John takes off the duct tape which sticks to the blanket then unwraps JBR and brings her upstairs. Then he runs up stairs to the TV room and grabs another blanket and comes down and puts it over her? Why did then Lt. Arndt grab a sweater also? Anyone know the timeline?

tumble said:
I have studied the 98' JR interview whre there is alot of talk about the chair. At one point they say

22 LOU SMIT: But when you went to the train

23 room, you had move these things in order to get

24 into the train room?

25 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. I had to move the chair.

So the chair must have been placed in the entrance to the train room.

So when the "intruder" left he places the chair infront of the door he is behind closing. Firstly that would be quite difficult to do and secondly why bother going to that trouble? very odd

aussiesheila said:
Yes but this is someone else's version of what Officer's French & Veitch said, probably doctored to put the spin on it that the commanding officer wanted.

WHA...? WHOSE version?

I'm a bit confused about the whole blanket deal.

Yeah, me too. I also thought that carrying up JBR with the blanket would be the natural thing to do.

So when the "intruder" left he places the chair infront of the door he is behind closing. Firstly that would be quite difficult to do and secondly why bother going to that trouble? very odd

Yes this intruder did some strange things.
What is bothersome about this chair is that niether FW or French who went to the basement before JR mentions moving any chair even though they went into the train room.

aussiesheila said:
This doesn't look like a crime scene photo. It looks to me as though it was taken after the Ramsey's had vacated the house. Yes I would say the door on the right is the one that was blocked by the chair and the one on the left is looking through to the cellar. But the place has been all cleaned up. Maybe the arm belongs to a real estate agent.

This was TV special shown here in the states. I doubt if you've even seen this, Aussiesheila. You have missed out on so much important evidence on TV and the rest you refuse to read. I wonder how in the world you can have an opinion on this case at all, without knowing the evidence...and you certainly don't, I can tell from your posts.

"So when the 'intruder' left he places the chair infront of the door he is behind closing. Firstly that would be quite difficult to do and secondly why bother going to that trouble? very odd"

All it takes is a little common sense, doesn't it, Charlie?

"IMO i think john made up the story of breaking the windows a few months prior to the murder. I think bhe made it up in order to protect himsefl against questioning as to why he waited four months to inform the police that he had found the basement window open when he initially searched that morning. The BPD would have naturally asked 'John what took you four months to tell us this?' John could then safly reply 'well i had assumed i had broken the window a few months back during the summer when i was locked out of the house, i felt it was unrelated to the case and therefore didnt report it'. Secondly there could be another reason to why john lied."

There are tests that can be performed on the edges of broken glass to determine if it was fresh or not. I don't think I've ever heard if these tests were performed.

tumble said:
What is bothersome about this chair is that niether FW or French who went to the basement before JR mentions moving any chair even though they went into the train room.
This is very bothersome indeed and yet another thing among John Ramsey's statements which reeks.
I believe there was indeed a chair blocking the entrance to the train room, but that was when John carried JB's dead body down there, and he had to remove the chair. It is often typical for liars to weave some elements of truth into their web of lies, but in that case John got caught in it because neither French nor FW mentioned this chair, which is very strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back