John Tavolta's son Jett dies at age 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
because says so. end of story.
THis story is just painful for me to hear. My son had a seizure behind the wheel last night he is still in the hospital but boy do I feel lucky
I am sitting here with him in his hospital room and my heart breaks for the Travoltas as they are living my nightmare.

Aww JBean,as soon as this story broke I thought about you and your son.Hoping everything is going well with your son,and he is released from the hospital soon. :blowkiss:

Thanks for the kind posts. I just feel so bad when I hear stories like this.Sometimes it doesn't matter what precautions you take or what care you give them, sometimes it is luck of the draw.
My son is a good example. i did not medicate him for his epilepsy for many years and he stayed seizure free. Now that he is medicated he has break through seizures and meds are an ongoing game of trial and error. He has been seizure free for 2 years now on his current meds! This latest episode that landed him in the hospital revealed that my son also has undiagnosed and unchecked type 1 diabetes. This stress on his body sent him into a one of his seizures. So even though he is well cared for and should remain seizure free, his body has other ideas at the moment. He typically has his seizures in the shower and by the Grace of God has never hit his head. Now he has had one while driving and again he escaped with relatively minor injuries. His guardian Angel is working over time and for that I am so grateful.
This poor family, and God Bless Jett.

ETA: Hopefully he will get out of the hospital today..cuz we have tickets to the Charger-Colts game. We have our priorities straight :)

That's what I was wondering!!!! WTF??? That doesn't even make any sense!!!!!

Oh geez! I have a 16 year old son who takes looooonnnnng baths late at night. Sometimes I go to bed while he's still in the bathroom. Sheesh! He was 16, it's not like they had to keep tabs on him every moment!

I feel for John and his family......:mad:

Prayers for Jbean and son, for recovery and hope their team wins!

I just love John Travolta-have for years. I'll be praying for him and his family.

I don't want to see anything here other than an extremely tragic event. My only thought would be if there were negligence on the part of a caretaker, provided this was Jett's caretaker, to ensure that he was okay. Someone could have seen him go in bathroom at night and then maybe he did go to bed and then the accident occurred in the morning?

Prayers for the family, so tragic.

I am blown that people expect the medical histories of people in public.
IMO that is private and if a person wants to discuss it it is one thing to be attacked for not revealing it is ridiculous.

BTW Jbean, so glad your son is ok, siezures are scary.

Thanks for the kind posts. I just feel so bad when I hear stories like this.Sometimes it doesn't matter what precautions you take or what care you give them, sometimes it is luck of the draw.
My son is a good example. i did not medicate him for his epilepsy for many years and he stayed seizure free. Now that he is medicated he has break through seizures and meds are an ongoing game of trial and error. He has been seizure free for 2 years now on his current meds! This latest episode that landed him in the hospital revealed that my son also has undiagnosed and unchecked type 1 diabetes. This stress on his body sent him into a one of his seizures. So even though he is well cared for and should remain seizure free, his body has other ideas at the moment. He typically has his seizures in the shower and by the Grace of God has never hit his head. Now he has had one while driving and again he escaped with relatively minor injuries. His guardian Angel is working over time and for that I am so grateful.
This poor family, and God Bless Jett.

ETA: Hopefully he will get out of the hospital today..cuz we have tickets to the Charger-Colts game. We have our priorities straight :)

Hi JBean, I am so sorry to hear about your son's epilepsy and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

One thing I do know is that he has a great mother :blowkiss:, as I am sure Jett did.

I so feel for the Travolta's as I have read they were wonderful parents. They had 2 nannies on the trip so Jett would have 24/7 care. They just said this on FOX News, plus the statement printed that there were hours between him going into the bathroom and being discovered are absolutely not true.

xox

They just reported on Fox News that there are 5 or 6 detective working on this case. They also said that the Travoltas say the report that their son wasn't found from Thurs. to Fri. is false--I think that's what they said, anyway. Maybe someone who heard it as well can report on it.

I hate carpet, BTW. I have it because hubby loves it, but I have cleaned and vacuumed carpet too many times not to know it's FILTHY. Whoever invented it didn't do us humans any favors. One day we'll know this and maybe it will be banned....

I so feel for the Travolta's as I have read they were wonderful parents. They had 2 nannies on the trip so Jett would have 24/7 care. They just said this on FOX News, plus the statement printed that there were hours between him going into the bathroom and being discovered are absolutely not true.

xox

Oh, good, you posted this while I was typing.

It didn't make sense that no one would have checked on Jett in all that time because the Travoltas had gone to their Bahama home for New Year's and had lots of guests there with them.

Hi JBean, I am so sorry to hear about your son's epilepsy and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

One thing I do know is that he has a great mother :blowkiss:, as I am sure Jett did.

xox

Thanks for posting that scandi. I'm glad to hear that there weren't hours passing with the child being undiscovered. Just didn't fit with who I have always thought the Travoltas are.

Scientologists or not.....I would never believe in a million years John Travolta or his wife Kelly would ever do anything neglectful to their children. They both have always come across as very kind, loving people.....even in the media.

My heart and my thoughts are with them and their families during this tradgedy.....it's so sad.

I think so also.

More info...

--------------
TMZ has learned what may have killed Jett Travolta, and it's not what police have suggested.

We've spoken with John Travolta's lawyer and close friend, Michael McDermott, and family attorney Michael Ossi, both of whom are with John in the Bahamas. They tell TMZ it appears Jett's fatal injury was the result of hitting his head on the bathtub, toilet seat, or both. And they say the intimation that Jett went undiscovered for hours is absolutely false.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/03/travoltas

prayers for John and Kelly. How awful :(
What a horrible thing to happen to their pride and joy. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now.

I'll share my personal John Travolta story...

A few years ago at my prior job/prior company, I was contacted by his agent that he would be interested in being a spokesperson for our company because he believes in the company. He was looking to do a few endorsements before his movies came out, which I believe were "Hairspray" and something about the "Hogs" and there was a third one that escapes me now... Anyhoo, his agent was an extremely nice guy and though I didn't get to talk to Travolta himself, I got the impression that he was a very polite yet private man. Very real. Then the whole him "kissing a guy" photo came out which was a bunch of bull ... the company I worked for was going to consider him as a spokesperson but was concerned about the controvery of the photo :rolleyes: plus my boss at the time was and is a serious egomaniac ... so since the idea came through me, he shot it down in favor of having the company name put on a sports arena instead.

I was pretty bummed out. I have always liked and respected Travolta and think any product he endorses is the real deal, since he doesn't do that too often.

Anyway, I am extremely sad to hear about his son. My brother is autistic and he's suffered a few seizures and temper tantrums that caused him to knock his head hard several times. I couldn't imagine losing him let alone one of my very own children.

How truly devastating.
John and Kelly will never be the same again. :(

I'll share my personal John Travolta story...

A few years ago at my prior job/prior company, I was contacted by his agent that he would be interested in being a spokesperson for our company because he believes in the company. He was looking to do a few endorsements before his movies came out, which I believe were "Hairspray" and something about the "Hogs" and there was a third one that escapes me now... Anyhoo, his agent was an extremely nice guy and though I didn't get to talk to Travolta himself, I got the impression that he was a very polite yet private man. Very real. Then the whole him "kissing a guy" photo came out which was a bunch of bull ... the company I worked for was going to consider him as a spokesperson but was concerned about the controvery of the photo :rolleyes: plus my boss at the time was and is a serious egomaniac ... so since the idea came through me, he shot it down in favor of having the company name put on a sports arena instead.

I was pretty bummed out. I have always liked and respected Travolta and think any product he endorses is the real deal, since he doesn't do that too often.

Anyway, I am extremely sad to hear about his son. My brother is autistic and he's suffered a few seizures and temper tantrums that caused him to knock his head hard several times. I couldn't imagine losing him let alone one of my very own children.

How truly devastating.

I remember that photo and it seems that the man he was "kissing" is the same man who is/was Jett's caretaker, the one who found him in the bathroom.

This is a tragic situation. I am curious if though...if John and Kelly knowingly did not allow medical treatment for Jett's obvious Autisim, because of the Scientology beliefs, could they be charged for neglect or something?

This is a tragic situation. I am curious if though...if John and Kelly knowingly did not allow medical treatment for Jett's obvious Autisim, because of the Scientology beliefs, could they be charged for neglect or something?

I don't think they could be held responsible for not treating the Autism but maybe for not treating the seizures. There are reports today that say that Jett never had any formal education, even home schooling. If all these things get looked into by LE because of his death....I wonder if they may be facing some neglect charges.

How truly devastating.
This is so true PFM. Their lives have changed forever.
My thoughts and prayers to the Travolta family and my sincerest condolences. How horrible for them to lose a child and how horrible for the Travolta daughter losing a brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back