Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I may.
I think the majority of people believe just like we do that G never touched CFCA.
As much as I can't stand GA if he were to come out and say that he believe's what we believe (I do think he does) with out excuse's for CFCA it would settle a lot of hearts as far as he's concerned. Alas this will never happen because he dosen't have a back bone to stand on his own and for Caylee.
Understand this is only my opinion.

I am glad we can respect each others opinions. Here is mine.

I have no idea if George Anthony molested his daughter.
No one else on this board knows the answer either.

JMO.

BEX, CALLER FROM NEW YORK: Hi. I want to ask you, Mr. Baez. Do you think Casey Anthony is mentally ill? I mean, with her history of partying, the fabrication of the nanny, it seems obvious to me that she has mental issues.

PINSKY: She said two different things. Mental issues and mental illness, you can pick one or the other.

BAEZ: Well, you know, I said a million times, I`m not a mental health professional. What we did do and trying to do is put on the fact that there were some issues here, not only with Casey, but with the entire family, that really had some serious, questionable behavior.

To get up to work, to get up, get dressed, pretend to go to a job you didn`t have for two years --

PINSKY: That`s incredible.
BAEZ: It`s phenomenal.
PINSKY: And the lying to the investigators, that was phenomenal. Phenomenal.
BAEZ: Here`s my question, Drew. What really stunned me, and this I will tell you that is in the book, what really stunned me was when she went down to Universal Studios --

PINSKY: That was incredible.

BAEZ: -- made a left and went down the hallway then all of a sudden said, OK, I don`t work here. I think that`s when a critical mistake was made by law enforcement.

I think that they should have realized at that point in time that we`re dealing with something that`s a little bit beyond our control. And maybe we should have someone come in here and speak to her.

PINSKY: Make an assessment of her mental health?
BAEZ: Absolutely.

PINSKY: What they went to, then, was sort of now you have an opportunity to be honest with us. Now you instincts are correct. Remember those taped interviews they did?
BAEZ: I remember. No, what it was, they then took her into --
PINSKY: The interrogation room.
BAEZ: Into a conference room and they went at her, good cop/bad cop, old-school style. I don`t think you can deal with people that way, especially in the criminal field, where a majority of -- cops know this -- a majority of the people they deal with either have mental health issues, or they have drug and alcohol issues.

PINSKY: Yes.

BAEZ: There are very few people in the criminal justice system who commit crimes because they want to.

PINSKY: Psychopathy, which is the sort of, you know, born with kind of a brain problem kind of thing.

BAEZ: So why not take police work into the 21st century and why not take a more of an intellectual approach than opposed to let`s throw the handcuffs on, lock her up and force it out of her? I think that was a huge mistake.

They did have someone speak with her...and back in the early days of this case, one of her attorneys quit over a dispute with her defense

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...mer-attorney-who-calls-casey-warm-loving.html

"I first talked to Lenamon in May 2009, shortly after he left the case. Then he stressed that he and Baez had “a disagreement over strategy over mental-health mitigation.”

JB needs to understand that what we don't exactly remember - we can Google. He can't start spewing nonsense now that LE should have suspected she had mental issues from the begining (Universal interview) because he clearly did not want it raised in her defense, and why Lenamon left the DF team back in December 2008.

p.s. intellectual approach and JB - now that's oronic...

Alright fellow posters - I'm going to take a break from commenting on Jose and his new book - and my apologies if I've sounded argumentative.

Obviously I still have BIG issues with this case ...it's reopened some :worms: and I seem to have been whipped back into full :slapfight: mode. Carry on and I'll go back to :present: for awhile so everyone can have their say...

I read more than I post because so many on here post what I am feeling and thinking. LG, you are at the top of the list with good, intelligent, thoughtful, caring post that I enjoy reading. Don’t take a back seat; you have not offended me in the least with your post and I’m sure others were not offended either. Although I feel George lacks a pair, I will never believe he did anything to FKC or Caylee. I WILL always believe FKC is a cold blooded killer and SHE DID MURDER Caylee.

BBM - Jose's statement is just complete carp - he knows perfectly well she had a psychological assessment done when she was first arrested. We all remember Judge Strickland raising his eyebrows as he silently read it in court in the early days.
What did Jose want? Someone like Dottie to hold her hand and say there there dear - we're sure you didn't mean it.....:banghead:

I think he wanted more, like for someone to make an assessent and then come to court and say she's 'unfit' to stand trial, or something like that. I agree, it's all flimsy excuses. He said he was going to poke holes, but he's poking holes where it means nothing.

I don't want you to think I am picking on you here, but I need to draw a line in the sand about George. The SA office stated categorically there was absolutely no evidence to substiantiate abuse charges against George. George does have incidents of violence in his past. It is true that during an argument with his father a plate glass window was broken at his fathers place of business. And it is true that both Cindy and George did not remain completely faithful to each other during their marriage.

But, in our society, the one thing you can "suggest" to ruin a man's reputation AND get away with it in public opinion is suggest a person is a sexual abuser or in a reverse situation claim you have been abused and be believed whether you have or not. For so many years the pedelum swung the other way. Abused women pleading for help were ignored, ridiculed and called liars, even by their own families who should have protected them. But during the 80's and 90's. the opposite happened. Men were found guilty and sent to jail who were in fact innocent. People have "recovered memories" - we all remember that. And I believe society has a guilty conscience about all the people who've been abused and have suffered terribly. Now, anyone who points a finger is believed, and any one who claims abuse is believed. It is he said she said and society swings with the victim. How does George refute those claims? Get angry and say how dare FCA say that? Society says - Oh we thinks he protests too much - he must be guilty! And if he doesn't say anything - society says "well he's not denying it so he must be guilty".

For JB to suggest this is true, particularly with FCA who lies about everything is outrageous and disgusting. Unless he has proof - which he doesn't, he needs to be ridiculed for his statements. I think we need to stop repeating his lies. All IMO

We had many many threads about this subject during the trial and by no means do I even begin to suggest that women who claim abuse are lying - no way! We heard from many brave posters who told us of their suffering and my heart goes out to them. But FCA? Phhttttt!

No, I know you're not picking, I understand what you are saying. Oh yes, I think it was wrong for him to say those things without actual proof and FCA words are no proof at all, but what I am gleaning from him is he has the right to go about and say things just because there's some sort of prior proof GA was less than perfect so it's going to fall into this pusedo thought process that he could have done this-I don't think it is right what he had done at all-I was expecting to see something huge come out of that, but it fell by the wayside. Yes, we now best quit on this, it also serves no purpose-I am just as angry as you and so many others over this again-JB rubbed more salt into wounds that haven't healed yet.

BEX, CALLER FROM NEW YORK: Hi. I want to ask you, Mr. Baez. Do you think Casey Anthony is mentally ill? I mean, with her history of partying, the fabrication of the nanny, it seems obvious to me that she has mental issues.

PINSKY: She said two different things. Mental issues and mental illness, you can pick one or the other.

BAEZ: Well, you know, I said a million times, I`m not a mental health professional. What we did do and trying to do is put on the fact that there were some issues here, not only with Casey, but with the entire family, that really had some serious, questionable behavior.

To get up to work, to get up, get dressed, pretend to go to a job you didn`t have for two years --

PINSKY: That`s incredible.
BAEZ: It`s phenomenal.
PINSKY: And the lying to the investigators, that was phenomenal. Phenomenal.
BAEZ: Here`s my question, Drew. What really stunned me, and this I will tell you that is in the book, what really stunned me was when she went down to Universal Studios --

PINSKY: That was incredible.

BAEZ: -- made a left and went down the hallway then all of a sudden said, OK, I don`t work here. I think that`s when a critical mistake was made by law enforcement.

I think that they should have realized at that point in time that we`re dealing with something that`s a little bit beyond our control. And maybe we should have someone come in here and speak to her.
PINSKY: Make an assessment of her mental health?
BAEZ: Absolutely.

PINSKY: What they went to, then, was sort of now you have an opportunity to be honest with us. Now you instincts are correct. Remember those taped interviews they did?
BAEZ: I remember. No, what it was, they then took her into --
PINSKY: The interrogation room.
BAEZ: Into a conference room and they went at her, good cop/bad cop, old-school style. I don`t think you can deal with people that way, especially in the criminal field, where a majority of -- cops know this -- a majority of the people they deal with either have mental health issues, or they have drug and alcohol issues.

PINSKY: Yes.

BAEZ: There are very few people in the criminal justice system who commit crimes because they want to.

PINSKY: Psychopathy, which is the sort of, you know, born with kind of a brain problem kind of thing.

BAEZ: So why not take police work into the 21st century and why not take a more of an intellectual approach than opposed to let`s throw the handcuffs on, lock her up and force it out of her? I think that was a huge mistake.

They did have someone speak with her...and back in the early days of this case, one of her attorneys quit over a dispute with her defense

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...mer-attorney-who-calls-casey-warm-loving.html

"I first talked to Lenamon in May 2009, shortly after he left the case. Then he stressed that he and Baez had “a disagreement over strategy over mental-health mitigation.”

JB needs to understand that what we don't exactly remember - we can Google. He can't start spewing nonsense now that LE should have suspected she had mental issues from the begining (Universal interview) because he clearly did not want it raised in her defense, and why Lenamon left the DF team back in December 2008.

BBM (in red)- so is that Baez's way of giving Casey a pass for murdering her own daughter?

I think he wanted more, like for someone to make an assessent and then come to court and say she's 'unfit' to stand trial, or something like that. I agree, it's all flimsy excuses. He said he was going to poke holes, but he's poking holes where it means nothing.

The thing is - the psychologist assessment of her was that she WAS fit to stand trial. So he wanted yet another person to lie??

I'm howling in the wind, I know, in every regard to say this, but.....

There's such a huge chasm between the folks who are still here, posting and caring, and the likes of JB and FCA.

Those here might as well be speaking in English to aliens who have landed from a galaxy on the other side of the universe.

They aren't like us. That's why one was capable of murdering her own daughter without remorse and the other represented her without regret, then or now.

I snipped a bunch from the transcript and a bunch of your commentary for brevity --

one thing I did notice is JB being disingenuous at best (yes JB I said it, a 5 syllable word, go get your dictionary) because when the SA wanted psychs to speak with her after JB got psychs to speak with her, he most emphatically wanted NOTHING of the sort. the last thing he ever wanted was a neutral opinion on OCA.

why? oh well cause he knows what we all know - she's got an iceblock instead of a soul. and for JB's wife & baby's sake, I hope he is telling the truth about moving on although I dont think so.

bella_vita_tattoo1-300x225.jpg

He makes me sick......

I snipped a bunch from the transcript and a bunch of your commentary for brevity --

one thing I did notice is JB being disingenuous at best (yes JB I said it, a 5 syllable word, go get your dictionary) because when the SA wanted psychs to speak with her after JB got psychs to speak with her, he most emphatically wanted NOTHING of the sort. the last thing he ever wanted was a neutral opinion on OCA.

why? oh well cause he knows what we all know - she's got an iceblock instead of a soul. and for JB's wife & baby's sake, I hope he is telling the truth about moving on although I dont think so.

BBM. I don't think so either. I think he is still sharing her licorice.

And if I recall the only time psych's spoke to her were there because of Mason who was concerned about her competecy towards the end of the trial. The SA did not even complete their depo's with them but at that time is was a PTSD defense not that she had mental issues. And Baez knew if his shrinks interviewed FCA and he brought that information to court, the SA would have tit for tat and also have their professionals do interviews with FCA on the record so the whole issue was abandoned. Baez knew he couldn't allow that.

So to say there is eividence of her "mental issues" that wasn't used as evidence and now he wants to use it is poetic license taken to it's furthest sense of ridiculousness. And by the way Jose, in case you've forgotten already, having mental issues is NOT a defense in a capital murder trial if you've been found fit to stand trial, which FCA was.

And if I recall the only time psych's spoke to her were there because of Mason who was concerned about her competecy towards the end of the trial. The SA did not even complete their depo's with them but at that time is was a PTSD defense not that she had mental issues. And Baez knew if his shrinks interviewed FCA and he brought that information to court, the SA would have tit for tat and also have their professionals do interviews with FCA on the record so the whole issue was abandoned. Baez knew he couldn't allow that.

So to say there is eividence of her "mental issues" that wasn't used as evidence and now he wants to use it is poetic license taken to it's furthest sense of ridiculousness. And by the way Jose, in case you've forgotten already, having mental issues is NOT a defense in a capital murder trial if you've been found fit to stand trial, which FCA was.

BBM. :) Good post LG.

I do believe she has "mental issues" but is perfectly competent.

I think anyone who would murder her child, leave her in a trunk to rot, then leave her in a dump to rot beyond recognition is "mental".

Not the crazy kind of "mental" but the "evil" kind.

Somehow, I don't see his cover going by on the Amazon.com ad on here!

According to websites (and on the video of the show I guess but I am not going to watch it), like this one:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/05/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-theyre-still-in-touch.html
posted by halboedeker on May, 10 2012 2:43 PM
“Casey has authorized me to write it,” he tells the magazine. “I have her complete and total permission.”

He stresses that she will not profit “in any way
, shape or form” from the book, which he calls “my story.”
Could Baez still be advising Anthony?

Take fca and jb out of the equation. Replace with any
random two people. What person would ever say to someone "go ahead and write a story about personal/professional attorney client stuff about me and you and you can have all of the profits"?????????? What attorney would advise their client to give someone permission to write about them and give away their rights to any profits off of said "tell all"?????
fca is not getting any of the profits from the book sales - HOGWASH

According to websites (and on the video of the show I guess but I am not going to watch it), like this one:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/05/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-theyre-still-in-touch.html
posted by halboedeker on May, 10 2012 2:43 PM

Take fca and jb out of the equation. Replace with any
random two people. What person would ever say to someone "go ahead and write a story about personal/professional attorney client stuff about me and you and you can have all of the profits"?????????? What attorney would advise their client to give someone permission to write about them and give away their rights to any profits off of said "tell all"?????
fca is not getting any of the profits from the book sales - HOGWASH

I'm sure those are weasel words that are technically true, but evasive. She may have gotten a lump sum payment to start and then she doesn't get anymore than that. I'm sure there are other ways to do it that would make that comment technically true. It can also be noted that it's not illegal to lie about that anyway.

I'm sure those are weasel words that are technically true, but evasive. She may have gotten a lump sum payment to start and then she doesn't get anymore than that. I'm sure there are other ways to do it that would make that comment technically true. It can also be noted that it's not illegal to lie about that anyway.

No not illegal but a continuation of lies. I can't see JB sitting around tying to figure out a way to say that so it would be "technically" true. Why would he need to bother to do that? As you said, him saying that and her getting money is not illegal. I haven't seen that he has ever been worried about "technical" truths. His OS is the example that comes to mind.

No not illegal but a continuation of lies. I can't see JB sitting around tying to figure out a way to say that so it would be "technically" true. I haven't seen that he has ever been worried about "technical" truths. His OS is the example that comes to mind.

I respectfully disagree. I think he's a big fan of weasel words inside and outside the courtroom. JMO

No not illegal but a continuation of lies. I can't see JB sitting around tying to figure out a way to say that so it would be "technically" true. Why would he need to bother to do that? As you said, him saying that and her getting money is not illegal. I haven't seen that he has ever been worried about "technical" truths. His OS is the example that comes to mind.

I respectfully disagree. I think he's a big fan of weasel words inside and outside the courtroom. JMO

I think you're both right - and potentially arguing on the same side - he's a creature of the slide. To be honest, as a defense lawyer, I'd expect nothing less. I'd also expect him to be able to argue points of law rather than relying on his apparently patented half-baked allusions rather than elucidation. He's spent a lot of time with folks who believe they are allowed to do something wrong because of their particular circumstances (and I don't mean stealing bread to feed a family - rather, I shot the guy because he disrespected me and I had a bad home life). As a matter of fact, I think this relates pretty strongly to his own story. In any event - it sure does seem that the "it's not my fault" zeitgeist makes these actions defensible (and profitable, from a media point of view, and a media facilitation)

Lowest common denominator. IMHO we are sinking fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member