Jose Baez to read Casey Anthony's Statement regarding her daughter's memorial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes - in the hearing where they argued about his having access to the pictures from the crime scene and other evidence. I think it was the one KC was forced to attend, in all her prison garb glory.
Ok. Jan 8.
I was thinking it was the last one, Jan. 30. This case!! My brain has turned to water and is pouring out of my ears.

Didn't Baez say this in front of Strickland?

Yes.

Since the funeral is private, I think the details should be private. Including the timing.

George, Cindy and Lee are giving Caylee a public ceremony to honor her short life.

Caylee won't have a wedding, get a diploma or even a certificate.

This is Caylee's only moment on earth to shine.

IMO

I hope it's true that Caylee's remains have already been cremated, and I don't blame ANYBODY for having kept it a secret if it has happened.

Yes.

Since the funeral is private, I think the details should be private. Including the timing.

George, Cindy and Lee are giving Caylee a public ceremony to honor her short life.

IMO
I agree.

I'm not that concerned about the funeral. I'm concerned that Baez and company purposely held up proceedings. LE had stated that they were going to hold off with further questioning until after the funeral. I felt now as I did then that this was done to show respect for Caylee, as it should be. I am concerned that this has been perpetrated to delay further questioning.

I hope it's true that Caylee's remains have already been cremated, and I don't blame ANYBODY for having kept it a secret if it has happened.
I do too, as opposed to the alternative that she's still in a cardboard box in the funeral home. :( MOO

Yes.

IMO

That is such a sad and beautiful summary. It makes me cry because yes - that is the tragedy. She'll never even get box of crayons for kindergarten.

In Florida the soil is mostly sand. You do not see many basements in Florida for that reason (water table is just below the surface). Most people are cremated or buried in an above the ground mausoleum. Loved ones worry about water getting in the casket. Facts here folks, just the facts.

I don't thing that is necessary right, at least here in central FL. I was born here and I know of no one buried in mausoleum. Until cremation became popular the majority were placed in the ground. Any of the cemeteries that I have seen here have have more in the ground than above.

For years now state requirements are that the coffins are actually placed inside a concrete vault when buried underground. Once the hole is dug a large open top concrete vault is placed. The casket is then lowered into the vault and after everyone leaves a concrete lid is placed and the dirt is filled in.... Hope I wasn't too graphic.

There was that rumor about the cremation weeks ago, guess it was true.
This poor excuse for a family could not even come together to agree on how Caylee could be laid to rest. Why were Cindy and George so adamant on cremating Caylee's remains? becaus Maybeeit is so much cheaper than a casket, tombstone and a normal burial?:(

???? thats pretty low.:(

The funeral will be private.

The memorial is an opportunity for members of the public to show their respect and to comfort Caylee's remaining family.

As someone else stated, Caylee won't have a wedding, she won't graduate from high school, college or even kindergarten.

This will be the only public ceremony Caylee ever gets.

Please...tomorrow, let George and Cindy be proud that beautiful Caylee was able to touch so many lives. Imagine if your time to see your 2 yr.-old little girl shine was during her memorial service?

These people didn't get to watch Caylee unwrap the presents they bought for her on her 3rd birthday.

When family members live in different parts of the country OR are estranged, multiple memorials sometimes are arranged. Cindy didn't commit a grievious crime by wanting to honor her grandchild.

MOO, IMO

Well said and precisely my sentiments.

Me niether but IMO it is another opportunity for his client to testify without getting up on the stand in a court of law and it ticks me off beyone belief.
I hear ya!! I am still pondering this. (I'm not slow, I'm thorough...LOL)
Still every reason I can think of for her to make this statement, I still see it as one of the most asinine moves ever.
1. Needed to make a statement to counteract the press reporting Casey had not requested to watch the memorial.
2. "My client is clearly off her noodle."
3. "My client is so frushtrated, she can't even swallow."
4. "My client needs to be seen as THE victim here and made me read this verbatim, so it would not be misconshrued."
5. "My client, the event planner extraordinaire, had a nice private ceremony planned in Mexico, but her family decided against it."

I fear this is going to be a huge turning point in this case.

I have always felt that CA was in deep deep denial and if and when she was pulled back in to reality, which I think happened with the last doc dump, she would do a full swing in the opposite direction.

I think this last statement was evidence of that and Casey knows it. I think Cindy knows now that Casey is responsible and all the hurt and anger we have seen from Cindy these last months will now be directed at Casey.

I think the "Caylee bracelet" was the first jab from Cindy and Cindy taking control of the memorial and decisions concerning the body, and the fact that they were the exact opposite of what Casey wanted, is the second one. CA will be a force. Casey's statement was letting Cindy know that she knows they have now abandoned her and to watch out.

I think Casey is going to throw CA under the bus and Cindy may be wishing she had been more truthful with LE because some of the things she did and said may now come back to haunt her with Casey's help. She is after all a "spiteful B@#*h"
MOO

Yes.

IMO

I totally agree that the funeral and any details should remain private. It doesn't bother me at all, I respect them for that.

Many both here and on TV keep calling the ceremony tomorrow a funeral when it has always been referred to by the A's as a memorial. There is a difference, to me at least. I think it is wonderful that the A's are doing this to allow the public closure. They didn't have to.

I saw this on NG, and I swear to God every sentence started with "I".

I, I, I, me, me, me, is all she cares about. Sickening...

I fear this is going to be a huge turning point in this case.

I have always felt that CA was in deep deep denial and if and when she was pulled back in to reality, which I think happened with the last doc dump, she would do a full swing in the opposite direction.

I think this last statement was evidence of that and Casey knows it. I think Cindy knows now that Casey is responsible and all the hurt and anger we have seen from Cindy these last months will now be directed at Casey.

I think the "Caylee bracelet" was the first jab from Cindy and Cindy taking control of the memorial and decisions concerning the body, and the fact that they were the exact opposite of what Casey wanted, is the second one. CA will be a force. Casey's statement was letting Cindy know that she knows they have now abandoned her and to watch out.

I think Casey is going to throw CA under the bus and Cindy may be wishing she had been more truthful with LE because some of the things she did and said may now come back to haunt her with Casey's help. She is after all a "spiteful B@#*h"
MOO

I remember thinking when the cremation was first brought up by BC last month(?) that it had already been done.

I hear ya!! I am still pondering this. (I'm not slow, I'm thorough...LOL)
Still every reason I can think of for her to make this statement, I still see it as one of the most asinine moves ever.1. Needed to make a statement to counteract the press reporting Casey had not requested to watch the memorial.
2. "My client is clearly off her noodle."
3. "My client is so frushtrated, she can't even swallow."
4. "My client needs to be seen as THE victim here and made me read this verbatim, so it would not be misconshrued."
5. "My client, the event planner extraordinaire, had a nice private ceremony planned in Mexico, but her family decided against it."

(Bolded by me)

I agree this is asinine for Baez to do this. He must have had some reasoning for doing this besides KC wanting him to. Surely he is not that dumb....???

Anyone have any idea of how Baez can use this in KC's defense.

JB reading a statement from KC - maybe she wrote it maybe they wrote it together maybe LKB wrote it - I don't know but IMO it was public relations event. KC via JB got to make a statement about how much she misses Caylee. KC via JB got to appear motherly and family-like with the private service comment. As horrible as it sounds, with Caylee's Memorial tomorrow, it's still all about the upcoming trial and reasonable doubt IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lalalalala
Back