Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The search warrant not allowing ALL rooms searched???
Oh no come on, the whole family would HIDE stuff for dad and brother!

I can't believe Steve Powell said that he isn't going to turn down the advances of a beautiful woman even if it's his son's wife! Does this guy knows no boundaries? Did he cheat on his wife during his marriage as well -- "But, but these other women came on to me." Would he have a sexual relationship with his brother's wife? His sister (if he had one)?

Secondly, I have a hard time believing that Susan never told Josh about his father's behavior. Why would she tell her sister-in-law, and friend, but not her own husband? Steven gives more merit to his daughter, Jennifer's statement that Susan was freaked out when Steven suggested that Josh and he share her than he does to tarnish Susan's reputation by his own comments. Crazy thing is that Steven doesn't even realize how his own statements reflect more on him than Susan.

I am not sure where to put this and I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but does anyone know where Josh's mother is????? TIA!

ITA, but SP's comment "We interacted in a lot of sexual ways because Susan enjoys doing that." did strike me as somewhat bizarre....but maybe that is because that "maybe she is being held captive" seed has been planted in my head and I am just hoping for the best and looking for something to point to her maybe being alive.

It could be a slip, but also just might be because he is trying to pursuade people to believing that she is alive and left on her own free will, and she is so sexually free that she is exactly the sort of person who would take off with a random new man.

I am not sure where to put this and I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but does anyone know where Josh's mother is????? TIA!

IIRC she lives in Utah and so does JP sister.
In the town JP and Susan went to live to get away from SP.

Josh's mother resides in WVC, UT with her daughter and son-in-law. Josh's parents got divorced when the majority of the kids were minors. I understand the divorce and child custody arrangements were fought long and hard, and eventually his mother moved out to Utah to get away from Steven. He got custody of the kids, but the oldest daughter, Jennifer moved out to Utah with her mother. (She was 18, I believe). Josh came out later after he was married to Susan.

I think WA has tough child custody laws, and it doesn't permit a custodial parent to leave the state without the permission of the non custodial parent. So if the mother originally had custody, but wanted to move out of state, she couldn't take the kids away from the non custodial parent without permission. (I'm not sure if Steven always had custody of the kids, or got it later)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...Cox-Powell-families-takes-national-stage.html
[snip]
“She was very flirtatious and very sexual with people," he said. "Frankly, sometimes I wish we had done a little more than we did."

......................I was looking for this quote for someone who asked about it, and sorry it took me so long to find it (watching too many stations, and reading too many news sources) and couldn't remember where it came from. BBM

BBM: I can tell you where it came from - one sick puppy... I know you where talking about where the quote came from, but I couldn't resist...sorry....

I want to know where he is this morning. Did the boys make it to school today?

We need a neighbor here!

Armywife, where are you? If you know anyone else who lives in the neighborhood, maybe you could invite them to join us!

School doesn't start until after Labor Day in this part of the country.

Questions that I wish a reporter would ask Josh,

How often would you take the boys camping overnight without Susan?

When you and the children were away for an overnight trip, did you ever call your wife to check-in and tell her that you made it to your destination safely, the boys were having fun or to ask how she was doing?

Is rock hunting more fun during a blizzard?

Why travel so far away to test your generator? Wouldn't you want to know in advance that the generator did work before traveling into isolated areas in single digit temperatures?

When you created the Steven Chantry website, did you realize the songs your father was singing was about your wife?

I want to know where he is this morning. Did the boys make it to school today?

We need a neighbor here!

Armywife, where are you? If you know anyone else who lives in the neighborhood, maybe you could invite them to join us!

We don't start school until the 1st, and yes my child is in the same school as his oldest.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128419138.html

Steven Powell says Susan pressed her breast into his hands tightly and wouldn't let his hands go!

Okay so Susan as a newlywed is living with her husband, father-in-law, a couple of brother-in-laws and a sister-in-law. She keeps making sexual advances towards the old man, but not Josh's brothers? Not neighbors, not co-workers.... just old man Powell?

In another interview I heard Steven claim that Susan would come into his office after she took a shower and lay her head in his lap and tell him to smell her hair. To me, he is just making up new lyrics for his songs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-husband-father-law-missing-Utah-mother.html (link that mentions the smelling her hair)

Steven Powell says Susan pressed her breast into his hands tightly and wouldn't let his hands go!

Okay so Susan as a newlywed is living with her husband, father-in-law, a couple of brother-in-laws and a sister-in-law. She keeps making sexual advances towards the old man, but not Josh's brothers? Not neighbors, not co-workers.... just old man Powell?

In another interview I heard Steven claim that Susan would come into his office after she took a shower and lay her head in his lap and tell him to smell her hair. To me, he is just making up new lyrics for his songs.

I don't believe a word of it. Gee, how easy it is to make stuff up about someone who is not around to defend themselves against lies.

Dream on... dream on, Steven.

I think yesterday he said on the morning show when asked if he told Josh about Susan coming on to him he said no, but she didn't tell him either, kind of like a child saying "well, whaaa, whaaa, neither did she". He's just dispicable. I think a good case can be made that she did tell him, I bet she told him everything when she wanted to get the hell out of there. Josh obiviously wouldn't care or he would not have approached her with the fact her dad wanted to share her.

the more i hear the more i think they both had something to do with this. i believe its already been suggested that JP drugged her took the kids out so dad could come and have his "fun". i really think that is close if not right on what happened. maybe they expected the drugs to work better than they did and she still was able to fight him. maybe while doing that he backhanded her or something and she was killed. hate to say it but it would be great if some of the pics he has of her were taken during that time. if so i hope the LE got them.

Was anyone else as surprise as I was what the Powell home looked like? I thought it was a gated community, with a HOA (I remembered reports of the HOA not permitting missing flyers to be posted). From the view of the yard, looking at the fence - the home didn't seem to be that nice. It look fairly ordinary to me.

I thought if 4 adult children were living at home with their father, the home might be something extra nice - that they wouldn't want to give up the comfort of their home. But this house looks like any other house that a young adult could rent or purchase on their own, without having to pool together the incomes of 5 adults.

The yard didn't seem to be used for relaxing or playing or having any functional purchase other than space between the neighbor. When Josh and the children were waiting in the yard - it seemed to be an uncomfortable place to sit out in.

Too bad the kids didn't have a playground at this house like the one the neighbor in Utah build for the boys.

I don't believe a word of it either. He is going to a new low to try to discredit Susan's character and paint her as a floozy who ran off with another man. SO LOW, he is throwing himself on the fire to help save Josh. In doing so, he has only discredited his own character and Josh's further. It's pretty transparent to me. Quite pathetic and disgusting. I believe all evidence points to the fact that Susan was a very devoted wife, mother and a decent, good person. All who knew her have corroborated that. Even Josh's own sister is saying they are liars. I haven't heard from anyone in this case that paints Josh as a devoted husband and a good and decent person. In fact, just the opposite. The truth is obvious. JMO.

Was anyone else as surprise as I was what the Powell home looked like? I thought it was a gated community, with a HOA (I remembered reports of the HOA not permitting missing flyers to be posted). From the view of the yard, looking at the fence - the home didn't seem to be that nice. It look fairly ordinary to me.

I thought if 4 adult children were living at home with their father, the home might be something extra nice - that they wouldn't want to give up the comfort of their home. But this house looks like any other house that a young adult could rent or purchase on their own, without having to pool together the incomes of 5 adults.

The yard didn't seem to be used for relaxing or playing or having any functional purchase other than space between the neighbor. When Josh and the children were waiting in the yard - it seemed to be an uncomfortable place to sit out in.

Too bad the kids didn't have a playground at this house like the one the neighbor in Utah build for the boys.

Yes I was surprised, I've heard it refered to as a "compound" so I had a home surrounded by lots of land in my head.

I hope we hear soon where SP was when Susan went missing. We haven't heard his alibi, yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back