Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one reporter said authorities said it was gas and accelerants of some kind. From the live link about 10 minutes ago. I'm sure it could be different but the reporter sounded firm and said something like "oh yeah".

I hate to say it but the Bourne movie where this was done - intentional gas explosion - played over and over all during the holidays.

Poison and gas - some psychologist is going to have a field day profiling him after the fact. No knives or guns.

The nightly news just said that Josh left a message for his lawyer saying he was sorry but could not hang in there.

He appeared to be very haggard looking on the video sitting in the courtroom, last time there, and the judge ordered a psychological evaluation before he could have the children, I thought I heard?

YESSSSS. They put this woman in a great deal of undeserved danger.
As we saw, they also failed to protect the boys, since there would have been little that a woman could do in a perp's home where he would have access to all kinds of killing devices.

What was the state thinking?????

Blame the founding fathers of this Country they are the ones who decided on "Innocent until proven guilty" and "trial of ones peers" they did that to prevent people from being accused and locked up on a whim. it isn't a perfect system for sure but it is our system and it is still one of the best in the world.

if Josh had been charged with Susan's murder or had a documented history of abusing the boys the state could have handled things differently- heck the judge could have set stricter perimeters for the visits.

The laws still need to be changed. I agree that we have the best system around, but at the same time - Josh was a suspect even though he had not been officially charged. As a suspect he should not have had custody of those little boys, and he should not have supervised visits in the place of his residence. My opinion anyway.

I am not going to blame this individual social worker. This whole ugly mess was much bigger than her. She was following her supervisor's rules and regulations and policies and procedures. It is the Justice system and the Children's Services that are messed up,imo.
This poor woman is going to relive this horror over and over and I am not going to second guess her actions. She probably LOVED those little boys and she must be devastated beyond belief. :rose:

The one reporter said authorities said it was gas and accelerants of some kind. From the live link about 10 minutes ago. I'm sure it could be different but the reporter sounded firm and said something like "oh yeah".

CNN is reporting the neighbors said the walls of the house went up immediately.

I'm not even sure if the psych eval was as much a motivator as the poly that was ordered for next week. NO parent should be allowed visitation with pending evaluations such as these, let alone in a neutral setting with sufficient supervision.

What a .

Absolutely right. He should have had to complete those evaluations before being allowed to resume visitation of any kind.

reports I am reading are that she was pushed and the door closed in her face...

smelling the gas was most likely concurrent with that incident.:twocents:

Using your post as a jumping off point in the caseworker's defense, if you are not expecting the smell of gas, or familiar with it, it would take several seconds for it to register as to what it is. then you have reaction time etc. Hindsight is 20/20. I hope she she is emotionally ok tonite, that has to be one heck of a thing to go through, and you can bet she will be replaying every split second in her mind over and over again. I would not want to be in her shoes tonight.

This has me just sick to my stomach! When I read the headline on my local news website I sighed in relief, thinking well at least the boys will be safe with the Cox family. And then I read the first couple of lines of the article...there has GOT to be some major changes to protect the children in this country!

WHY TAKE THE BOYS' LIVES?!? Why... why...

Because he was a sick and controlling S.O.B. who only cared about himself. A narcissist. We won't ever understand because most of us are not monsters like he was.

I'm having a really hard time with that whole "Hate the sin, not the sinner" thing because I feel real hatred towards Josh right now!

The reason it is important not to blame this poor case worker is because she was simply following court orders. She was put in harms way just like the boys were. She's very lucky she is alive right now. She could have remained at the doorway and just as easily been another victim. I believe the only reason she is alive is because she went to her car. The way the home looks... it was a massive explosion. One that would have surely killed other people close enough to the home.

Those poor boys, running to see their daddy who would kill them, this is truly sick. . I wish only healing to the social worker who saw their innocent faces disappear behind the door and witnessed what she did.

Well, I hope there is NO funeral or memorial for Josh, and if the family is stupid enough to do so, I really hope his father is not allowed out of jail to attend.

Oh NO!! I just got on here and read this, I'm in total shock!!
My heart and my prayers go out to the Coxes, how devastated they must be! Those precious little boys... how horrible!
WHY was he allowed visitation at his home??... it's usually done in a neutral place with every precaution taken to prevent anything happening to the children.
OMG. I can't believe it. I knew he was psycho, but I would never imagine this.
I hope he rots in HELL, along with his demented father.

The social worker reported SMELLING gas. I'd assume that meant natural gas which will explode.

I assumed natural gas also, one of the links on page one of this thread said it appears he used an accelerant. A neighbor said there were three blasts. Gas from oven, gas from heater, gas from dryer or in a fireplace would be my first guesses. The house is completely gone I'm amazed they found the bodies.

May the fire that Josh set to that house be the first of an eternity of flames for Josh Powell.

Much love to the Cox family.

I'm still sitting here dazed by this, even the police know that a home is the most dangerous place to have contact in DV cases (and IMO this certainly applies to Susan's disappearance). I can't imagine what the state was thinking putting those children and a caseworker at such risk.

I am not going to blame this individual social worker. This whole ugly mess was much bigger than her. She was following her supervisor's rules and regulations and policies and procedures. It is the Justice system and the Children's Services that are messed up,imo.
This poor woman is going to relive this horror over and over and I am not going to second guess her actions. She probably LOVED those little boys and she must be devastated beyond belief. :rose:

Imagine the terror she felt after smelling the gas and being locked out by him. I feel for her, there was nothing she could do to stop him.

OMG!!!!!!! I was watching the game and popped on to Foxnews. I couldn't believe what the headline was. It took a minute for my brain to even understand what I was seeing.

My heart goes out to the Cox family. I'm just sick and saddened. Does anyone know if they have a PO box set up or is their address public? I would like to send something.

I can't believe they used a case worker of the very demographic Josh was suspected of murdering. .. You'd think they'd assign a large, strong man or someone who could physically defend himself and the children.

I agree. Where the heck was any common sense here???

I assumed natural gas also, one of the links on page one of this thread said it appears he used an accelerant. A neighbor said there were three blasts. Gas from oven, gas from heater, gas from dryer or in a fireplace would be my first guesses. The house is completely gone I'm amazed they found the bodies.

May the fire that Josh set to that house be the first of an eternity of flames for Josh Powell.

Much love to the Cox family.

I'm still sitting here dazed by this, even the police know that a home is the most dangerous place to have contact in DV cases (and IMO this certainly applies to Susan's disappearance). I can't imagine what the state was thinking putting those children and a caseworker at such risk.

It's entirely possible that he used gasoline too, to make sure the house blew up. Probably soaked the floor and walls with gasoline. What a sick ticket....

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers...

It's entirely possible that he used gasoline too, to make sure the house blew up. Probably soaked the floor and walls with gasoline. What a sick ticket....

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers...

Add to that a few cans of acetone, paint thinner or any other accelerant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck