Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
at the bottom of the page:

"SusanPowell.org is the opinion of Susan Powell (née Susan Cox) and her family"

yeah right. Susan was already missing, and no way she agrees with these opinions.

it has been widely noted that this site is by the Powell family (also Susan's family by marriage), and not the Cox family.

I will not blame anyone for this tragedy except Josh Powell. He is the one that murdered those two precious boys not the judge, social worker, CPS, etc. Josh would have found a way regardless of the courts restrictions on him, to kill those boys. No one could have stopped him. JP wasn't going to go without taking his sons with him. He had not been charged with any crime related to the disappearance of Susan and so the court had their hands tied with keeping him away from the children. Courts can not take children from a home because of a "bad feeling". The court has to see actual evidence to rule against Josh having custodial rights removed. I understand the judge's ruling considering the evidence at the time. Now if Josh had been charged with Susan's disappearance then the court would have had enough to protect the children from him. From what I've read, he was about to be charged and the boys were starting to talk. I think he knew it was coming. The only thing that would have saved the boys if he had been charged in Susan's disappearance. Unfortunately, investigations take time and time ran out.
Prayers for the Cox family.

I just got home and I am stunned!! Haven't read the whole thread yet-but do we know where Josh's brother and sister are?

JP held a deep resentment toward the Cox family and all they stood for, he was a clone of his father (MOO) if any case for child custody, visitation rites screamed DANGER this one was it.

Dewey, I agree with you. To honor Susan and her babies, I will not think of this as an inevitable chapter in the powell family history...they don't deserve that. The powells are not worthy of recognition in this, other than as those who spawned an evil monstor. steve powell is just a piece of detrius sitting in a jail cell where he belongs; he is the sperm donor to evil, he is nothing more than that. The only good to come from that family was Jennifer Graves because she chose to take a stand against and apart from them.

I choose to think of Susan, Charlie and Braden as good and decent people, like the Coxes are, who were in the way of evil and paid the price for that. Bless them.

I woke up this morning hoping and praying that this was a dream but I see that it's not. God bless the Cox family. My heart just breaks for them.

Omg those poor boys!! I had to re-read the news headline a few times this morning. I'm shocked and horrified. My heart aches for their family.

How Surreal...in all of my Decades in the World of Criminal Elements, This Demon has Shook me to the Core like Never Before. My Hearts now belongs to the Survivors of Susan and HER Babies & Prayers that they Continue to Survive this Insanity.

I heard this news as I was falling to sleep late last night. I honestly thought it was a dream. I couldn't sleep, yet I couldn't pull myself to go check Websleuths so late at night. I kept going through what I THOUGHT I heard the reporter say in the brief 1 minute story. Did they say the boys were gone? The coward was gone? I couldn't and still cannot breathe, I cannot fathom how this could be true, how this could even happen. Sadly, I woke up and realized it was true. This one hit hard...

I cried myself to sleep last night thinking about this and this morning I am still at a complete loss. I am in absolute shock. We see horrible things every day and we know that there is evil in this world, but JP gave it a face.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-p...ell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,7735756.story

"Let's not refer to this please in public as a tragedy. This was not a tragedy. This was a horrible murder of two little kids. Let's not dress it up, let's not sanitize it. Let's call it what it is, which is something deeply wrong, which is not a tragedy, which is something evil," said Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor. "This is going to hurt everybody's heart who's been involved. This is a horrible, heart-breaking situation."

Amen

Just wanted to say I'm crying with all of you. I heard yesterday and read the thread but was so stunned and upset I couldn't post nor sleep.

Very thankful to have all of you through this terrible news.

My heart is aching and breaking for those beautiful boys and Susan's family.

:cry:

I will not blame anyone for this tragedy except Josh Powell. He is the one that murdered those two precious boys not the judge, social worker, CPS, etc. Josh would have found a way regardless of the courts restrictions on him, to kill those boys. No one could have stopped him. JP wasn't going to go without taking his sons with him. He had not been charged with any crime related to the disappearance of Susan and so the court had their hands tied with keeping him away from the children. Courts can not take children from a home because of a "bad feeling". The court has to see actual evidence to rule against Josh having custodial rights removed. I understand the judge's ruling considering the evidence at the time. Now if Josh had been charged with Susan's disappearance then the court would have had enough to protect the children from him. From what I've read, he was about to be charged and the boys were starting to talk. I think he knew it was coming. The only thing that would have saved the boys if he had been charged in Susan's disappearance. Unfortunately, investigations take time and time ran out.
Prayers for the Cox family.

I respect what you are saying, and I also blame Josh Powell.

However, IMHO we as a society must find a way to protect our children. As it stands, the law looks at them like parent's possessions until they reach a certain age. Unfortunately, children can be put in the position of needing someone to speak for them when their parents are too sick (physically, mentally, emotionally) to care for them in the children's best interests.

I know as a society we walk a fine line in balancing the rights of the parents vs. children vs. "state" but I think we need to do a better job for our children. This could have been prevented, but the system recognized Josh's right as a parent over his children's right to be safe. Just my opinion.

I still can't find the words.

Thankyou so much to the ones that can.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

OMG.

I just heard. Not very much info so I came right here.

Praying for the Cox family. :(

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-p...ell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,7735756.story

"Let's not refer to this please in public as a tragedy. This was not a tragedy. This was a horrible murder of two little kids. Let's not dress it up, let's not sanitize it. Let's call it what it is, which is something deeply wrong, which is not a tragedy, which is something evil," said Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor. "This is going to hurt everybody's heart who's been involved. This is a horrible, heart-breaking situation."

Amen

Now josh powell has proven what we all suspected; he is a murderer.

OMG, just hearing about this. Haven't read the thread yet. My heart just hurts so bad for these children and the Cox family. I'm blown away by this event. I firmly believed with the custody remaining with the Cox family for another 6 months, that these children were safe.

OMG, OMG, OMG. ITA with the statement by Sheriff Pastor. Well said.

My prayers for the family.

i'm so damn mad.

And very upset.

this is exactly why kids should not be allowed to be around murder suspects! I don't care about the suspect's damn "rights"!!!

i need to stop typing because i'm not setting a very good example. I'm so mad!

bbm. Ita.

I would like to say I am shocked, but I am not.... terribly hurt and horrified - and furious that this tragic story has taken yet another tragic turn. Why couldn't the authorities see that this man was evil, insane, and a complete narcissist?? Prayers to all of us, and especially to the Cox family!

OMG ya'll. I am absolutely and completely numb. As you know I have been following this thread from the beginning and just now heard the news about what this monsters latest act was. I am so disturbed I can hardly write the thoughts tumbling around in my head.

The Cox family....OMG....my heart goes out to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734