Jr's custody issue arising from Ron's arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't TN and Ronald opine in their jail visit that Crystal was hiding Haleigh?

I believe that Ron was talking about if Crystal moved to another state soon he would know that she has Haleigh. I've often wondered if it wasn't her boyfriend that came in and got Haleigh and she is being kept somewhere. When Crystal was going for custody of only RJ then I really wondered. Even if Haleigh is missing I would have thought that she would have gone for custody of both kids in case Haleigh is found alive.

I believe that Ron was talking about if Crystal moved to another state soon he would know that she has Haleigh. I've often wondered if it wasn't her boyfriend that came in and got Haleigh and she is being kept somewhere. When Crystal was going for custody of only RJ then I really wondered. Even if Haleigh is missing I would have thought that she would have gone for custody of both kids in case Haleigh is found alive.

Do you know for a fact that Crystal didn't ask for custody of both ?

not sure where to post this...but if TN was at the custody meeting for JR this morning, would that mean TN is trying to get custody of JR from Crystal? And how would this eviction play into her chances? I'm guessing all custody hearings are closed and not subject to Sunshine laws.... correct?
I'm not sure about the sunshine laws but TN didn't even raise her own 4yo children. She took custody of RC when he was a young teenager and only then because her father was diagnosed with Alzheimers and her mother couldn't manage.

"Some of the factors the court may consider in modifying a custody agreement include:

* Any difficulties in carrying out the current custody or parenting plan
* The physical and mental health of the parents
* The financial circumstances of each parent
* The parents' relationship with one another
* Any deliberate acts by either parent to prevent the other from spending time with the child
* The level of involvement of each parent in the child's life
* The length of time the child has spent with each parent
* The type of living environment each parent can provide"
<snipped>

http://knowledgebase.findlaw.com/kb/2009/Jul/1347039_1.html

I wonder how they consider it when a parent does a deliberate act that prevents the child from having access to the them. Like getting busted for trafficking for eg.
That should also figure prominantly IMO. Many of us (prolly most) give up activities that would put our kids ar risk or leave them without parents. Ron didn't and that speaks volumes.

This is not true in all states.Some states do have Grandparents laws, so that a grandparents gets visitation time with the child.It is not weekly usually monthly visitation.Just because her son is in jail does not mean she should be cut out of Jr's life.Children do need their grandparents.I do not know what FL law is.In NJ grandparents only get stripped of their rights if both parents are together and both do not want the grandparent around the child.

I disagree (respectfully) that "Children do need their grandparents." I do however believe that children need as many healthy-minded/functional adults in their life as possible - whether they happen to be related biological or not matters less in my opinion.
Quality outweighs EVERYTHING. Subjecting a child(ren) to actively dysfunctional adults because they're "family" (blood, biological...) is poor logic and the outcome is generally far from any fairy-tale ending...
MOO~

TN IMO has no right to be there, if she is trying for custody however that will never happen. Crystal is the mother Custody is hers and it should have been that way from the beginning. Now if she is wanting visitation I hope it is supervised visitation ONLY!!! Crystal can use what Ron and TN said in that last jail house tape about thinking Crystal is involved in Haleighs disappearance as proof that TN may try and turn junior against her.

I wonder if TN had a lawyer with her and if she is contesting Crystal's custody. The stuff her former lawyer said could go against her if it is allowed into evidence.

I wonder if TN was there to state that RC has not been convicted so he should not have custody removed?

I also wonder if, since he was werking at the tree place, if he has to pay child support? Once he is cleared of charges I should add...

I wonder if TN had a lawyer with her and if she is contesting Crystal's custody. The stuff her former lawyer said could go against her if it is allowed into evidence.

Grace - I hope TN is smart enough to realize she has more on her plate than she can say grace over right now. Doesn't look like she has any business trying to contest custody.

My best guess is that she was invited to this meeting, though. The purpose is uncertain unless it was visitation. Another thing that kinda nags at me is - DCF may be concerned about separation anxiety issues or something with Jr.

As bad as the Cummings may be - that has been Jr's primary home his entire life. To suddenly remove him from any contact may not be in his best interest emotionally. MOO

If anyone from Ronalds side should have been there, it would be GGS. Butterbean had been living with her since Haleigh disappeared. And, she raised Ronald, not TN.

If anyone from Ronalds side should have been there, it would be GGS. Butterbean had been living with her since Haleigh disappeared. And, she raised Ronald, not TN.

You are right. I suspect GGS has just about had it with all of this mess though.

I wonder if TN was there to state that RC has not been convicted so he should not have custody removed?

I also wonder if, since he was werking at the tree place, if he has to pay child support? Once he is cleared of charges I should add...

One would think then in that instance that Ronald's lawyer who recently signed off from his case would have remained on the case and appeared in court on behalf of his client's interests. Makes it even more curious that particular lawyer's exit as Ron's counsel at that particular time. Surely a prescient attorney could see that there would be more family court issues arising.

Grace - I hope TN is smart enough to realize she has more on her plate than she can say grace over right now. Doesn't look like she has any business trying to contest custody.

My best guess is that she was invited to this meeting, though. The purpose is uncertain unless it was visitation. Another thing that kinda nags at me is - DCF may be concerned about separation anxiety issues or something with Jr.

As bad as the Cummings may be - that has been Jr's primary home his entire life. To suddenly remove him from any contact may not be in his best interest emotionally. MOO

An excellent point, imo. It was a meeting, not a hearing or proceding from what I saw on the news [which admittedly was a very brief snippet.] As such, I would venture to guess that DCF invited Teresa to be there. IHNI if Marie was asked to come. She may have just been accompanying her daughter to offer moral support.

Or could be the grapevine sprung a leak... again.

I wonder why Ron's lawyer wasn't there.
It seems more logical that a lawyer would've been representing him instead of his mother ~ if that was the reason she was there. Or does he even have a family law attorney?

Actually, it's probably a good thing for Ron, Jr. if it was a meeting and fairly amicable. Whatever we might think of any and/or all of these people, they are all his family, and Haleigh's too, whatever their flaws.

I had not thought of that but it really is strange that she has not applied for custody of Haleigh.I would guess Jr was an emergency custody hearing but by now she should have filed for her daughter.Interesting to ponder.

I pray she didn't go in there and suggest Jr should not be removed from Ron C's custody considering Misty stated to that UC guy that Jr was at the Stay and Play and needed to be picked up as soon as they made that drug deal...BTW.. I wonder who picked Jr up from the Stay and Play.. GGMS stated she didn't even know Ron C had been arrested until the detectives called her and told her...JMO

Crystal doesn't strike me as a vengeful person, so maybe she invited Teresa-or @ least, o.k.'d it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV