Jr's custody issue arising from Ron's arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All along I've felt that both Ron and Crystal lack in parenting skills, to put it nicely. But I have hope that because of losing Haleigh, Crystal has new reason to straighten out her life - for Jr. and Chloe.

IMHO..It depends on the situation..And in this case, under the circumstances perhaps it's not a good idea unless visitation is supervised.....JMO

Well since TN has no police record or any complaints against her for abuse of children also she does not have any drug arrest ,she has never been arrested for having a drug house,why do you think she needs supervised visitation? She has been in his life steadily for years.

All along I've felt that both Ron and Crystal lack in parenting skills, to put it nicely. But I have hope that because of losing Haleigh, Crystal has new reason to straighten out her life - for Jr. and Chloe.

I agree Kimster,I had high hopes she would straighten out her life for her children too but I was sorely disappointed when she tested positive so soon after regaining her son.

:bedtime: I'll check back in tomorrow.

It looks like there might be some "agreeing to disagreeing" about to happen here. :) And that's okay.

:beamup:

Well since TN has no police record or any complaints against her for abuse of children also she does not have any drug arrest ,she has never been arrested for having a drug house,why do you think she needs supervised visitation? She has been in his life steadily for years.

You are right.. no drug arrests as of yet.. Also, TN didn't even raise her own kids...Her mother did, and I suspect GGMS did most of the work involving Haleigh and Jr. too when Ron C couldn't pawn them off on some underage live in to take care of them...JMO

I agree Kimster,I had high hopes she would straighten out her life for her children too but I was sorely disappointed when she tested positive so soon after regaining her son.

My understanding is she tested positive on the day of the emergency hearing it wasn't after she got her son.... Also the test was done on the spot and they are sometimes faulty.. She was given a new test, it was sent into the lab and the test was clean..JMO

Have a nice evening.. I need to catch some zzzzzz's, didn't realize it was this late...

Respectfully disagreeing with you.Grandparents do have rights esp when they have been in their grandchild's life.I do not know the laws in FL but every state has them.Visitation is a right of the grandparents.If not weekly most states will give them monthly.

This must be a new law. I have never heard of a law saying Grandparents have visiting rights or any rights.

Court may grant rights at times under certain conditions but as far as being on the books as law in general, I am not aware of it.

Haven't heard of Grandmas or Grandpas hauling anyone into court because their children won't let them visit.

You are right.. no drug arrests as of yet.. Also, TN didn't even raise her own kids...Her mother did, and I suspect GGMS did most of the work involving Haleigh and Jr. too when Ron C couldn't pawn them off on some underage live in to take care of them...JMO

You and I will just have to agree to disagree.

Just think if Crystal would never have lost her kids none of this would be happening now.

No, her mother has been in his and Haleigh's life for years.

Where did Ronald move when he left his trailer? With TN? No! With AS.
AS is the one who raised Ron and was closest to his children.

From the eviction notice Teresa recently received, it looks like she lived almost 2 hours away from Ronald and AS.

A child born with narcotics in their system is a lot different than saying the infant is addicted.

Many mothers take medicine and sometimes even anesthesia can get into a baby. That is not addiction. Cough syrup contains narcotics too.

You and I will just have to agree to disagree.

Just think if Crystal would never have lost her kids none of this would be happening now.

Crystal did not loose those children. Ron took them. Nothing had been filed yet regarding custody. When he went to court he went with full custody since he was in possession of them.

No, her mother has been in his and Haleigh's life for years.

Where did Ronald move when he left his trailer? With TN? No! With AS.
AS is the one who raised Ron and was closest to his children.

From the eviction notice Teresa recently received, it looks like she lived almost 2 hours away from Ronald and AS.

From all the records that appears to be true. That little tidbit could rearrange many people's theories.

My understanding is she tested positive on the day of the emergency hearing it wasn't after she got her son.... Also the test was done on the spot and they are sometimes faulty.. She was given a new test, it was sent into the lab and the test was clean..JMO

Have a nice evening.. I need to catch some zzzzzz's, didn't realize it was this late...

Do you have a link to that information?

Haleigh's mom regains custody of girl's brother

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:08 AM EST
Haleigh Cummings' brother is now in the custody of his mother following the arrest of Ronald Cummings.

"He's already gone," Annette Sykes, paternal grandmother of Haleigh, said Friday afternoon. "It's really hard with his daddy gone to let him go. He has been with us all of his life."

The state Department of Children and Family Services confirmed Friday that Junior was taken into the custody of his mother, Crystal Sheffield, as decided by the judge.
Sheffield's former attorney, Kim Picazio, was glad to hear the news."It looks like the amount of bond will keep Ronald in jail for a while, so naturally the child would go to the biological mother in this case," Picazio said. "It is definitely the safest place for Junior."

kchambers@palatkdailynews.com

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/01/23/news/news01.txt

I just noticed that said Sykes "declined to comment". That is a lot different than saying "no" or even "he** no."

Thank you for posting.

RJ would be the emergency and needed and required immediate attention...so perhaps they only discussed his needs.

Another time, another matter for Haleigh. When and if they find Haleigh, then Crystal will be given custody...imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member