Jr's custody issue arising from Ron's arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emeralgem - all one needs to look at his booking photo from Flagler County to realize Ron is most likely on something. Who the heck smiles like the cat that swallowed the canary while having dilated pupils peeping out when they are being booked on three counts of trafficking ?

A patient in treatment for, or with a narcotic addiction would never be prescribed narcotics for pain if the prescribing physician knew of the treatment or addiction.
So if CS is RX shopping and a known abuser, that's a problem.
THANK YOU for stating that so clearly. i think it bears repeating.

For the record, i am squarely in CS's corner and praying that she finds the strength to do the hard work required to ensure a bright future for herself and for her children.

If this is true, how did the info get leaked? The testing facility? A DFS agent? Such things are meant to be confidential. It needs to be investigated.

If this is true, how did the info get leaked? The testing facility? A DFS agent? Such things are meant to be confidential. It needs to be investigated.

If you follow twitter at all, it gives you a very good clue as to the origins of the leak. :)

It has come to my attention that there was a rumor on this thread about JR. ingesting meds. I am going to remove those posts. Unless you can provide a link, DO NOT give out new information. That is not how we roll here at WS.

Thanks!

Okay, I see that the issue with Jr. was actually a misunderstanding. Whew!

Carry on, stay on topic, and all that jazz.

Just adding my comments to the idea that an addict would never be prescribed painmeds, there are many many people who fall off the wagon every year after taking much needed painmed prescriptions.

Some have doctors that don't take relapse seriously (I have personally seen a dentist I use to work for offer vicodin post op to known addicts in recovery, they both declined the script).

In other cases life happens in a way that pain management is a must and a skilled doctor will administer the minimal amount possible and be proactive in helping them taper back off.

But there are many legit reasons that an addict will end up with a narcotic prescription in hand.

Replace the word failed with positive.
If the rumor is true at all she tested postive for opiates.
The drug testing facility only has one job; to report whether the test is positive or negative. They are not in the business of determining pass or fail. That is up the courts, your rehab doctor, your employer, etc.....

Even in a jobscreening drug test where they ask you what meds you are on the report that goes back to your employer is that you are positive for opiates and then the employer can choose whether to verify the legitimaticy of an opiate prescription.

In this case it would be up to the governing body that is administering the test whether she is legitimately positive for opiates or not, and whether being prescribed opiates is even acceptable under the terms of her supervision.

Postive drug test- check
Failure to comply with the terms of her agreement- yet to be determined

(though one could surmise from the inaction of cps at this point assuming this is even true at all).

My guess is semi-accurate reporting of a semi-true rumor presented in the most dramatic presentation possible. Drama equals higher traffic and higher number of hits on your website. moo

BBM

My HR/drug screen experience differs somewhat from what you explained. Perhaps it is different by state or company - I don't know.

My applicant/employee is notified FIRST by the screener if they test positive for any of the screened drugs. They are requested to provide the RX number and prescribing physician. The employer is notified at this point - and everything goes into a "hold" status regarding the individual. Once the prescription is validated by the screener - a written notice is emailed/faxed to the employer for the appropriate action.

If the prescription is not valid - the final report comes back positive.

If the prescription is valid - the final report comes back negative.

We (the company) are requesting that the screener determine if the individual is using illegal drugs or substances. (Legitimate medications that aren't prescribed for the individual = illegal substances).

If, in the process, we are made aware that an individual is taking medications legally - it is up to us to determine what action to take.

These drug testing companies are governed by the same HIPAA laws that everyone else is. They can't, and don't imo, treat a "positive" result in a casual manner. Our tester will not send a final positive without a review by an MD.

I wrote all of that - and, as you said, it probably doesn't make a whit of difference. All we're going with here is sensationalized reporting for the newest bombshell and ratings. That's just pretty disgusting. MOO

To those who somehow think that Crystal is on prescription medication (ie prescribed to her) that is not the case. If it was, there would not have been an issue.

In the comments section of the article, TJ says that he understands that this is not something that was prescribed for Crystal.

I find it hard to believe that CS would ever do anything to jeopardize the custody of her son by taking un-prescribed medication.

I wonder if this was a pop quiz taken just after dad was arrested and she went to court to get custody? If so, it was unexpected and she could have taken a pill days earlier for some reason, not expected to be tested.

Not making excuses at all, just saying this probably wasn't all done after she got full custody. But actually I have no idea what the truth is. It does go to show that it's best to stay clean all the time because you never know. I wouldn't want it to cost her the opportunity to raise her son.

I am going to continue to wish Crystal all the best in the journey she has ahead of her because as I see it she is Butterbean's best chance in life and that's what is most important to me.

If this was something prescribed for her then all this is a moot point anyway. If it's not, I hope someone tells her, Please not to be discouraged and to take it one day at a time. Dependency is a sneaky devil even in the best of circumstances, I can't imagine fighting that battle and wondering what happened to my daughter at the same time...I don't know her but I dang sure have faith in her..

As far as DCF is concerned..fwiw, I've worked with DSS (as it's called in SC) for many years and NEVER saw a child removed from the home for a single positive drug test result. We wouldn't have had enough homes to put the children in if that were the case. I'll probably get stuff thrown at me for saying this, lol, but that's ok..I'll duck..but one + drug test does not = a child in danger. Of course there are exceptions to everything depending on the individual circumstances, but a parent(s) and DCF are working toward a common goal and as long as she is working toward that goal and Jr is not in danger, she is no different than the thousands of other cases they handle...All JMHO...

I wonder if this was a pop quiz taken just after dad was arrested and she went to court to get custody? If so, it was unexpected and she could have taken a pill days earlier for some reason, not expected to be tested.

Not making excuses at all, just saying this probably wasn't all done after she got full custody. But actually I have no idea what the truth is. It does go to show that it's best to stay clean all the time because you never know. I wouldn't want it to cost her the opportunity to raise her son.

O/T: Gracenote, although heartbreaking, that is a beautiful picture of Marie and Crystal in your avatar. They almost look like sisters.

as i sit here reading all the posts about whether or not CS is taking illegal medications, the drug problems RC and MC are facing and all the other hosts of dysfunctionalities going on in these families, i can't help but think that the people on this board (for the most part) just dont' get it. hold on, before you all jump on me. 22 years ago i was married to a man that reminds me so much of this family. in his mind, it didn't matter if he was drinking or drugging and our daughter was around because he would never do anything to hurt her. he never understood that accidents happen and especially when you're under the influence of something not to mention what it was teaching her. it was a lifestyle he had grown up in and was just the norm for him. it was so totally foreign to me that i could not even begin to grasp how somebody could think like that. yes i knew he had these issues before we were married but i assumed it was just being at teenager and doing teen stuff that you grow out of when you get married and have a family. he didn't. anyway, my point is that i keep reading about how everybody is hoping CS will get therapy for her and Jr. but the truth is that in most cases like this, the people don't think they need therapy. It's almost like Jr. has to come out and say take me to a therapist and even then, they probably won't listen. These types of people live for the next dramatic event to give them something to talk about and somehow make them feel better about what they are doing. Unfortunately, I don't see Jr's life being any better now than it was before. If these people haven't grown up by now, I dont' think anything will get to them. If I were in CS's shoes, I would have cleaned up my act, gotten a job even if I had to walk to it, begged, borrowed and whatever it took to get the means to be able to visit my kids. In my opinion, if losing her kids (whether it was done in a sneaky manner or she outright didn't deserve them is beside the point) didn't give her the incentive and motivation to grow up and take responsibility, then having Jr. with her only because of a twist of fate, is not going to change anything. I took my daughter to a therapist and was told that the absence of her father in her life was her major problem. When I told her father this, he said that was the most idiotic thing he had ever heard because if he wasn't here, how could he cause problems for her? Therefore, anything she did wrong or had problems with was because she learned it from me. That is the way these people think. It's always the other person's fault, always has been and always will be. And psychiatrists and therapists are just idiots that got a degree for no reason other than to find someone to place blame on. So I really don't see CS doing much better than RC did. Let's just hope I'm wrong and her problems were her way of dealing with not having her kids and now she will turn her life around. It happens, but not very often.

I must say the title line of this article seems highly unfair. If they are prescribed medication, she shouldn't have been regarded as having "failed" a drug test. If the drug that has been prescribed is the only one in her system, it should be regarded as "passed". WTH?

At the company where I work, drug testing is mandatory before we bring in a new hire. If they are already on prescribed meds, it is disclosed beforehand and the only way they would fail is if there is another chemical in their system that is not in their prescribed meds. I don't get that report.......at all.

Not really. Some people are addicted to prescription meds so their conditions are related to those drugs... you are forbidden to take certain drugs, prescriptions included and they test you for those drugs.. if you test positive you are screwed ..your prescription is meaningless. You knew the rules.

as i sit here reading all the posts about whether or not CS is taking illegal medications, the drug problems RC and MC are facing and all the other hosts of dysfunctionalities going on in these families, i can't help but think that the people on this board (for the most part) just dont' get it. hold on, before you all jump on me. 22 years ago i was married to a man that reminds me so much of this family. in his mind, it didn't matter if he was drinking or drugging and our daughter was around because he would never do anything to hurt her. he never understood that accidents happen and especially when you're under the influence of something not to mention what it was teaching her. it was a lifestyle he had grown up in and was just the norm for him. it was so totally foreign to me that i could not even begin to grasp how somebody could think like that. yes i knew he had these issues before we were married but i assumed it was just being at teenager and doing teen stuff that you grow out of when you get married and have a family. he didn't. anyway, my point is that i keep reading about how everybody is hoping CS will get therapy for her and Jr. but the truth is that in most cases like this, the people don't think they need therapy. It's almost like Jr. has to come out and say take me to a therapist and even then, they probably won't listen. These types of people live for the next dramatic event to give them something to talk about and somehow make them feel better about what they are doing. Unfortunately, I don't see Jr's life being any better now than it was before. If these people haven't grown up by now, I dont' think anything will get to them. If I were in CS's shoes, I would have cleaned up my act, gotten a job even if I had to walk to it, begged, borrowed and whatever it took to get the means to be able to visit my kids. In my opinion, if losing her kids (whether it was done in a sneaky manner or she outright didn't deserve them is beside the point) didn't give her the incentive and motivation to grow up and take responsibility, then having Jr. with her only because of a twist of fate, is not going to change anything. I took my daughter to a therapist and was told that the absence of her father in her life was her major problem. When I told her father this, he said that was the most idiotic thing he had ever heard because if he wasn't here, how could he cause problems for her? Therefore, anything she did wrong or had problems with was because she learned it from me. That is the way these people think. It's always the other person's fault, always has been and always will be. And psychiatrists and therapists are just idiots that got a degree for no reason other than to find someone to place blame on. So I really don't see CS doing much better than RC did. Let's just hope I'm wrong and her problems were her way of dealing with not having her kids and now she will turn her life around. It happens, but not very often.

:clap: :clap:

A realist

Very well stated. Everyone wishes for a fairy-tale ending, that Crystal will discard her addition, become responsible, get a job, and take great care of her children. I hope this happens like everyone else, but don't have rose colored glasses that it's a guarantee.
I think TJ softened this article. Reading between the lines, it implies that Crystal took a narcotic pill for which she did not have a prescription, and this was caught by a drug test. DCF has not removed the child from the home based upon this one lapse and she is continuing with her required counseling. Marie has basically confirmed this, emphasizes that Crystal is going to counseling as required, and attempts to deflect this attention by impling something negative about other family members. So, we will have to wait to see what happens and to see if Crystal will have any other lapses. With other children and family members around, I feel that Jr is probably in a safe environment. But, I'm sure he is under stress having been separated from his Dad, Gma, and GGMS even if he is happy with his mom's family.

The link below gives a "guestimate" of how long different drugs stay in one's system. It's the first link I pulled and is in line with what I have seen in my experience.

http://www.ohsinc.com/how_long_do_drugs_stay_in_your_system.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member