JR's story credible...?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First I heard of it was GGM. She said that Jr had said something and then she attempted to minimize it by saying "but then you ask him another way and he says something different."

Then of course, there was the debacle of Crystal being interviewed by Craig Rivera which caused a hullabaloo everywhere, where people began accusing her of putting her little boy in danger. It was very interesting the occurrence. I started reading how people were using the term "Endangered her son" and then finally TN came out with a statement regarding how Ron is staying close by his son because they feel he was "endangered" by the interview.

Meanwhile, it was still her own mother who put the information out there in the first place, and Jr said nothing on the show that his great grandmother hadn't already said.

IMO...If they weren't sure they should have never put out this info....

Please forgive me if there's another thread on this, or if this is inappropriate...

I work with children and have two small children myself. My son is six, and at times when he wakes in the night, he does not remember anything the next morning. Even if we ask him about something that happened or something he said in the night, he either doesn't remember it at all or laughs and says, "Oh I thought that was a dream!" For a child, who is in deep sleep, remembering details the next morning -- or a week or two later -- about something that took place over a few minutes in the middle of the night just doesn't seem likely to me.

There's also the possibility of retroactive interference: something that happens after an event can literally alter your memory of the event (eg: our family added a family room on when I was about 10 or 12. Before that we celebrated xmas in our "den", but afterwards in the new family room. HOWEVER, when I have memories of early xmases, I picture them in the family room even though it didn't exist. I can remember opening specific presents, etc, but my brain has transferred the location to the new family room.).

So here's my theory of JR's story: Haleigh goes missing. And he knows nothing. Yet, he hears talk about it day/night, different theories, etc. He then dreams something about it (which I'm sure he did even if he doesn't remember the dream/s). He then thinks *that* is what he remembered and relays it as fact.

As for squeaky shoes, if you were stealing a child, would you wear squeaky shoes to do so?!? Probably not.
But I do know from my own childhood, that important or traumatic events are crystal clear. Every day, mundane things might get mixed up, but this was no typical, mundane night. Something happened to his older sister that caused her to be gone-so this night was exceptional. I feel like Jr. was compelled to relate what he saw, because he was traumatized & very worried, & he was trying in his 4 year old way, to help. My prayers are with that little boy.

But the bouncing couch? Misty having a little party? Hence the words of RC that she let his daughter get stolen?

I believe Jr. even if he was asked lots of questions by his Mom or if he changed it around at times. There's no way IMO that someone would have thought of squeaky shoes to put into a child's mind and he wouldn't have thought of that unless it was real. Someone who doesn't have much money might wear around squeaky shoes or they might have squeaked on the kitchen floor. I believe Jr. may have seen a bouncing couch and two black guys on a different occasion though. It was originally said that a man all in black took Haleigh, not a black man necessarily. Misty had told now that she thought she saw her cousin in the doorway, so Jr. may be telling even more for all we know. LE does think it's someone who knows the family well.

My almost 4 year old daughter told me today that our Chuckie (child's play) was talking to her. She also said that the cat was the one who turned the water on in the sink and flooded the bathroom. It's so hard to believe what a child says.

Sadly, I think poor Jr knows something, and I agree that kids say off the wall stuff but just from the accounts of how much sleep Jr got, he would have been easily awakened by someone. The squeaky shoes could have been mistaken for the squeaky door.... Ill be back for comments on the bouncy couch I am gonna think about that one.

There is a difference between a child's imagination and what a child is attempting to explain in the language he has available to him.

IMO...If they weren't sure they should have never put out this info....

I don't think they should have put out any information what Jr said.
Or maybe said he didn't see anything. That would keep him somewhat safer. jmo

My 4 y/o tells me stories all the time that could seem believable to an outsider. A year or so ago, we had a tire blow out in the car and my son still tells this story about the time "someone shot the tire". Jr had been hearing about someone coming in and taking Haleigh, he could have easily decided this is what happened. He might have even had a dream that this is what happened. If he'd offered this info immediately, it'd be different. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely possible, I just don't think anyone should take this to the bank. I'd really like to know if LE questioned him that next day and what came from that.

The only reason I do wonder about this, though, is the fact MC stated Jr had gotten out of bed at some point in the night and she just went back to sleep. Then, there was the letter from someone stating Haleigh was put into a black bag.

Annette Sykes insists she had Jr and she herself took him to the station to talk with someone. She further insists he said something about a man in black, but adds the caveat that "but ask him another way and he says something different." She says this part after knowing that Crystal had him on the CR show. It appeared (to me) then to be a minimization of what it is that Jr may have said, period. To ADD the doubt.

From Crystal S http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/23/ng.01.html

snip~GRACE: To Crystal Sheffield, special guest joining us there at the Sheffield family tent in Satsuma. Everyone, the family forced to live in tents right now. They have nowhere else to go. The home is still quarantined. It is cordoned off as a crime scene. Ms. Sheffield, thank you for being with us. I understand your 4-year-old little boy identifies or at least has a description of his sister`s kidnapper?

CRYSTAL SHEFFIELD, HALEIGH`S MOTHER: Yes. He -- when I got him for my visitation, the first thing he said to me was, Mommy, I want to find my sissy. And he -- I didn`t question him about none of it. And he was, like, Somebody come in, they was all dressed in black, and took my sissy.

GRACE: Did he say anything else identifying the man, anything at all, any characteristics?

SHEFFIELD: No. He just said that they was dressed in black or he was dressed in black, whoever it was.

GRACE: Did he describe in any way what happened? He opened the door and came in, or the little boy woke up and saw him there? Did he describe anything at all about what the man actually did?

SHEFFIELD: No. He just said a man dressed in black come in and took his sissy. I didn`t ask him any questions.

GRACE: Smart. Very, very smart, Ms. Sheffield. Now, Ms. Sheffield, I know this sounds crazy, but to the best of your recollection, what were his exact words?

SHEFFIELD: He said, Mommy, I want to find my sissy and some man in black come in and took her. ~ end

Is it strange that Crystal seems to be defending herself against questioning him, or is it just my take on it? Maybe it's just the way she states this before she tells what he said IDK.

She'd already been raked over the coals by then, Donada. I'm sure she was defending herself from the accusations that she fed Jr the story in the first place.

LE may have gotten more info from Junior, such as where Misty was when the man took Sissy. They may not be telling all that Jr. said and can't prove anything at this time other than know that Misty is the key, and someone close to the family did this.

I haven't read all the post, haven't even gotten past page one, discussing this issue about what JR really heard or saw for some reason reminds me of JoBenets' brother, I wonder where will JR be when he's the age JoBenets' brother is now. Surely he will remember Haleigh, will what he did hear and see haunt him his whole life. I think about him alot :-(

She'd already been raked over the coals by then, Donada. I'm sure she was defending herself from the accusations that she fed Jr the story in the first place.

And the - ugh - the stance of NG towards Crystal compared to how she treats Ronald ---- who the heck wouldn't be defensive?

I know I'm ready to lunge through my television every time she even mentions "the bio-mom of Haleigh" and I don't even know Crystal [or Marie or Ron or Teresa.]

JMO

Wrestling with angels, indeed, Mzzz Nayancee.

Could the bouncing couch mean someone was being slapped around, in a violent way? Squeaky shoes also make me think of someone with wet tennis shoes that had water on them. Walking on a vinyl floor with wet shoes?

I believe Jr. even if he was asked lots of questions by his Mom or if he changed it around at times. There's no way IMO that someone would have thought of squeaky shoes to put into a child's mind and he wouldn't have thought of that unless it was real. Someone who doesn't have much money might wear around squeaky shoes or they might have squeaked on the kitchen floor. I believe Jr. may have seen a bouncing couch and two black guys on a different occasion though. It was originally said that a man all in black took Haleigh, not a black man necessarily. Misty had told now that she thought she saw her cousin in the doorway, so Jr. may be telling even more for all we know. LE does think it's someone who knows the family well.

-------------------
I'm thinking of Bobby Cutts and Jessie ~ the little one 2or 3 said daddy wrapped mommy in a blanket,which actually was a rug.He also said daddy made her cry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back