Judge Belvin Perry

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question just occurred to me about JS recusing himself for the “blogging” incident.....how does the defense know that new judge hasn’t blogged, read blogs, etc. in this case? Soooo, what, then was the entire recusal thing actually about?

Not that it matters, but new judge had every right to read anything and everything about this case prior to being assigned. HA! Wouldn't it be priceless if he were a "sleuther"!!!!

Good point. I am beginning to think their stated reason for that motion (bias) was simply a smoke screen for something else, though I can't imagine what that might be. But I am just LOVING all I am hearing about the most Honorable Belvin Perry. I think Caylee just got herself a new hero!

I wonder if Judge Perry will allow the defense to continue stating "they are trying to KILL our client" ?

I wonder if Judge Perry will allow the defense to continue stating "they are trying to KILL our client" ?

"They" won't actually get to make that decision. From what I understand the judge can make the final decision for sentencing. So that statement could upset his honor, big time. SA's decision to seek DP was confirmed by the Grand Jury, so it depends on what the meaning of "they" is. jmo

Good point. I am beginning to think their stated reason for that motion (bias) was simply a smoke screen for something else, though I can't imagine what that might be. But I am just LOVING all I am hearing about the most Honorable Belvin Perry. I think Caylee just got herself a new hero!

Did CM have any negative "history" in Judge Strickland's court? As I remember, in a very early court proceeding, Judge S said to Baez, something like "I've never had any trouble with you in my courtroom"-(something like that) Maybe he had trouble with CM previously, so CM wanted another judge?
That would certainly account for the timing of this motion.

Did they think they would get the judge who was next in rotation, know who that was, and think they would have a judge who was more favorable to the defense ? Someone who was one of the "good ol' boys"? And then that plan got shot down when Judge Perry took over!!!

I still think the most obviou sreason is that CM will be taking the lead role before the court, and he wanted a complete reset. A judge that had not been party or witness to all of the prior defense antics. He saw with JS's initial response to him and his "don't you trust me?" comments that JS was already growing weary of the defense, and felt the only chance he had as a miracle worker was to change the field of play. He probably feels that this is a minimal risk course, as he has no issues with a demanding judge, plus he makes sure that JB is still the lead when the subject of recusing JS comes up. The only trick to all of this is in order for it to work, JB must be kept bound gagged and in the closet so he cannot resume his normal public and courtroom statements.

CM's "you trust ME dontcha?" was in essence an informal verbal motion. Totally disrespectful and out-of-line. I hope he DOES try that crap with Judge Perry. It won't happen, but I sure wish it would.

I still think the most obviou sreason is that CM will be taking the lead role before the court, and he wanted a complete reset. A judge that had not been party or witness to all of the prior defense antics. He saw with JS's initial response to him and his "don't you trust me?" comments that JS was already growing weary of the defense, and felt the only chance he had as a miracle worker was to change the field of play. He probably feels that this is a minimal risk course, as he has no issues with a demanding judge, plus he makes sure that JB is still the lead when the subject of recusing JS comes up. The only trick to all of this is in order for it to work, JB must be kept bound gagged and in the closet so he cannot resume his normal public and courtroom statements.

I like your post faefrost (as I do all of yours) but I disagree with you on one point. I don't believe CM thought he was going to get Perry. There is rumor out there that a femaie judge was the next in rotation, but because this case has been "troublesome" Judge Perry took on the responsibility himself rather than appointing a different judge.

Maybe it's because I'd like to believe CM just kicked himself in his own a$$.
Right I'm having too much fun with that concept to give it up.

:back: Hehheh, how are you doing with your bright idea CM?

I just love how the portion about gestures and facial expressions was intentionally bolded.
Not only will they have to rein in KC and her "outbursts", but I am relieved that Baez and SA Ashton will have to keep themselves in line too. I was worried about how their school yard antics would look to a jury. I have no doubt the Judge was referring to Counsel on both sides as well as KC. Don't get me wrong, I like Ashton and otherwise find him very professional, but the smirks and sneers towards the defense were reprehensible. I expect such behaviour from the defense, but not the State.

Also, will JB still be able to disrespectfully address your Honor as just 'Judge'. Is there even a rule for this? It just seems like it should be required from counsel, especially once this case goes before a jury.

P.S When someone is already incarcerated, what happens to them when they're held in contempt?
I know the A's will try to sneak in gum until they are called out for it. I've seen GA with gum in his mouth in court...trying so hard not to chew so it wouldn't appear that he was chewing gum. It was in the very beginning pre-trials.

P.S.S Who wants to bet that the first rule JB breaks will be approaching the bench without asking? :loser:

ETA: Mods I meant to put this in the "Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy" thread. Can someone please move it?

I honestly think they are just delaying the inevitable. Prison... because that's the only place KC's going either for life or until they stick a needle in her.

After watching the interview with Maya D, she basically said that county is a picnic compared to prison. Ever since then I thought that's what the delays were all about. For that reason plus hearing that that's a defense attorneys main strategy - delay delay delay.
Sorry KC (but not really).. mommy can't get you out of this one. In fact, she's making it worse :)

I honestly think they are just delaying the inevitable. Prison... because that's the only place KC's going either for life or until they stick a needle in her.

After watching the interview with Maya D, she basically said that county is a picnic compared to prison. Ever since then I thought that's what the delays were all about. For that reason plus hearing that that's a defense attorneys main strategy - delay delay delay.
Sorry KC (but not really).. mommy can't get you out of this one. In fact, she's making it worse :)

Interesting! Here in Ohio they say the opposite, that the inmates hate "county jail" and find the prison institutions better! I cannot see where it would be a picnic to be in either.

I hope this "mother of the year" never experiences another "free" day for the rest of her pathetic, lying, stealing, murdering life. :furious: JMHO of course

This is how I'm imagining the hearing next week will go:

JB: :cooler:

Perry: :thewhip:

JB: :cursing:

CA: :eat:

kc: :princess:

Perry: :nono: :gavel:

JB & CA: :snooty:

Perry: :slap: :croc:

Us: :spit: :laugh: :clap:

Perry: :gavel:

Perry: :croc:

Us: :clap: :laugh:

I saw it hit the thanks moved down a little and started laughing outloud (at work) had to come back Thanks...

ITA!!!

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/judges/organization/downloads/judiciary.pdf

I gotta say, IMO, SS and BP were probably on the phone over the weekend, sippin' scotch and laughing their azz's off over this one.

After looking at this chart....the defense MUST have thought they were gonna get one of the other Criminal Circuit Judges....perhaps a woman...NOT the big "kahuna" himself.

I love SS...but it's gonna be soooo funny to see the Three Stooges try to behave with court "decorum" at the hearing on the 30th....this is gonna be "rich"....priceless, as a matter of fact.

Hope that Judge S. saves room on the rainbow for us!

kc: :princess:

Perry: :nono: :gavel:

Perry: :slap: :croc:

Us: :spit: :laugh: :clap:

OMG!!! ROFL!!!!!!

:gold_crown:

It is now 3 hours later and I'm still laughing the gum chewing Cindy is killing me....

Well drats. That's what I get for reading faster than the speed with which I can comprehend. I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong on this.
Thanks for setting me straight.:blowkiss:
Ex-prosecutor if memory serves me right.

Anyone want to wager that CM will be taking the lead on Friday. JB could sit at the table and test the waters, so to speak. See just how far CM can go before he gets smacked down by the judge. No more smirking (on either side) and no more comments from the peanut gallery.

In one hearing, CA is sitting with her bottle of water, chewing her gum and her phone rang. She answers it and then gets up and leaves. I believe it was right before court started. But when she returned I believe the judge was already seated. JMO
I'm wondering if JB's ego would even allow it. This will be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky