Judge Belvin Perry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that be allowed? We never talked to anyone during the trial, only the baliff. And if it is not allowed doesn't AL know any better?

Talking to anyone outside the bailiff is definitely a no no. A Juror cannot even talk to family and friends about what is going on in the courtroom and jury room. They sure as heck can not talk to any of the parties or witnessess or family members they see come and go from the courtroom.

I think that is why after the Scott Peterson trial they were so hungry to talk to Lacey's family. They just needed to let them know how sorry they were for everything SP put them through.

AL is in her own la la land if she thinks the jurors will talk to her, no matter who the judge is.

Honestly, I can't see them banking on a female judge. I think it would be FAR worse especially if the judge was a mother/grandmother. Most women are far more protective over their children and have a different bond than men do. I know that sounds sexist, but lets face it women carry their babies inside of them for 10mths before they are born. There have been studies done where the cry of a newborn wears on the mother worse than the father because of the hormones and the simple fact that baby is a DIRECT extension of themselves. I almost wish she did have a female jude that was a mother/grandmother. AND I'm not saying men do not have a bond or love their offspring, IMO it's different than a mothers bond.

Yes, I can understand why you would feel that way, but my understanding is judges must remain impartial and follow "the letter of the law" without letting their own bias's come into play.
And I think the natural instinct/learned ability belief system still has many on both sides of the equation. Clearly this wasn't true in Casey's case.

I was one of the lucky ones, this instinct wasn't something I had to "learn" with my children.

Yes, I can understand why you would feel that way, but my understanding is judges must remain impartial and follow "the letter of the law" without letting their own bias's come into play.
And I think the natural instinct/learned ability belief system still has many on both sides of the equation. Clearly this wasn't true in Casey's case.

I was one of the lucky ones, this instinct wasn't something I had to "learn" with my children.

I think it is possible that they were hoping to get Judge Alice Blackwell.....who has an extensive involvement with cases involving domestic violence, sexual abuse, and mental health issues. I read on another site that she was just recently rotated out of her spot in order to replace another Orlando Judge who stepped down to deal with his own court case.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/judges/circuit_judges/alice_blackwell.shtml

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-168693022/judge-under-investigation-retire.html

I think it is possible that they were hoping to get Judge Alice Blackwell.....who has an extensive involvement with cases involving domestic violence, sexual abuse, and mental health issues. I read on another site that she was just recently rotated out of her spot in order to replace another Orlando Judge who stepped down to deal with his own court case.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/judges/circuit_judges/alice_blackwell.shtml

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-168693022/judge-under-investigation-retire.html
I'll bet the defense is already regretting their motion to recuse...:bang:

ITA. Those motions with Strickland's name on it were meant for him. Like, here's some other things to think about while you're debating whether to continue with this case or not. They thought he would take at least the thirty days and then make a decision. But no, he recused himself the Monday after that motion was sent out - probably the fastest response Baez has ever seen to a motion, and then were caught with their pants down because of those motions with Strickland's name still on them. Whoops.

And now Judge Perry's got the case, also a judge they SO did not want, and yep, they are SO WISHING they could take back that motion. Dumbest thing they EVER could have done, IMO.

As an Orlando native, I can tell you Judge Perry is considered a no-nonsense Judge. IMO JB and his team went from the frying pan into the fire. Trying really hard not to laugh. Looks like the defenses plan backfired.

I don't think that Lyon is going to be very involved now the Cheney is in there.

Has the defense seemed quiet to anyone else...usually by now there would be several pressers...more motions flying...

it does seem like they got :croc:

Has the defense seemed quiet to anyone else...usually by now there would be several pressers...more motions flying...

Their busy working.......for a change. :dance:

Slightly off topic (and probably already mentioned) but we now have a Perry - Mason connection.

Maybe that's what the defense really wanted?:angel:

Slightly off topic (and probably already mentioned) but we now have a Perry - Mason connection.

What is the connection?????

Yes they very clearly shot themselves in the foot with this one! After careful consideration I have decided they truly did NOT want him to recuse himself. They simply made an attempt manipulate the system in order to raise appelate issues of bias etc. down the line. A lame and feeble attempt at that IMO. As Judge Strickland's very own order to recuse stated that it was indeed a ridiculous motion given the fact that these events listed in the motion occurred many months ago and considering they were seeking a motion for COV he did indeed need to scope things out. I do not think the defense expected that Judge Strickland would set his ego aside unlike Baez et al.

Yes it began the very day Judge Strickland recused himself and Judge Perry was named to replace. They had "no comment". An absolute first for Baez et al. It reall made their heads whirl IMO! It has been quite nice however.

:laugh:

That was my joke on the last thread that got closed! In Casey's mind, Judge Perry + Cheney Mason= her Perry Mason moment!

:laugh:
That was my joke on the last thread that got closed! In Casey's mind, Judge Perry + Cheney Mason= her Perry Mason moment!

Yes, it was LinasK - and I laughed for hours afterwards.

WSers who haven't seen that closed thread are now just "getting it".

Trust Casey to think this is her Perry Mason moment. She forgets half of Perry is on the side of the judge. Might not be a typical PM moment, Casey, after all!

But a hilarious co-inkydink nonetheless. Clever you LinasK.

Yes, it was LinasK - and I laughed for hours afterwards.

WSers who haven't seen that closed thread are now just "getting it".

Trust Casey to think this is her Perry Mason moment. She forgets half of Perry is on the side of the judge. Might not be a typical PM moment, Casey, after all!

But a hilarious co-inkydink nonetheless. Clever you LinasK.
Actually, I think I might be dating myself, wasn't Ironsides on in the 50's???

Oh but LinasK - they were still running the re-runs back in the 80's when you would have been a mere child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand