Judge Belvin Perry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA!!!

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/judges/organization/downloads/judiciary.pdf

I gotta say, IMO, SS and BP were probably on the phone over the weekend, sippin' scotch and laughing their azz's off over this one.

After looking at this chart....the defense MUST have thought they were gonna get one of the other Criminal Circuit Judges....perhaps a woman...NOT the big "kahuna" himself.

I love SS...but it's gonna be soooo funny to see the Three Stooges try to behave with court "decorum" at the hearing on the 30th....this is gonna be "rich"....priceless, as a matter of fact.
Great post!

"Jurors just start talking to me during trial.".......Andrea Lyon

Looks like that may be an issue in Judge Perry's courtroom.
Link in the AL Tapes and Lectures thread.

Would that be allowed? We never talked to anyone during the trial, only the baliff. And if it is not allowed doesn't AL know any better?

Good point. I am beginning to think their stated reason for that motion (bias) was simply a smoke screen for something else, though I can't imagine what that might be. But I am just LOVING all I am hearing about the most Honorable Belvin Perry. I think Caylee just got herself a new hero!
From everything I've read about Judge Perry so far, I couldn't agree more about Caylee getting herself a new hero! :woohoo:I like Judge Strickland very much but I do believe this judge will run a tighter ship and justice for Caylee will come sooner than later. MOO

I like your post faefrost (as I do all of yours) but I disagree with you on one point. I don't believe CM thought he was going to get Perry. There is rumor out there that a femaie judge was the next in rotation, but because this case has been "troublesome" Judge Perry took on the responsibility himself rather than appointing a different judge.

Maybe it's because I'd like to believe CM just kicked himself in his own a$$.
Right I'm having too much fun with that concept to give it up.

:back: Hehheh, how are you doing with your bright idea CM?
I too have wondered if this is really what the defense wanted since Judge Perry seems to be very "by the book". It would make more sense if the defense thought someone else would be appointed, however, I've also seen some pretty serious female judges and don't know if that would've been any help to them either! MOO

I too have wondered if this is really what the defense wanted since Judge Perry seems to be very "by the book". It would make more sense if the defense thought someone else would be appointed, however, I've also seen some pretty serious female judges and don't know if that would've been any help to them either! MOO

Agreed, but why do I think the "Head Kahuna" is the most serious of them all? LOL

She REALLY said this?!

if so...her strategy is to aim for a mistrial.

I still think the most obviou sreason is that CM will be taking the lead role before the court, and he wanted a complete reset. A judge that had not been party or witness to all of the prior defense antics. He saw with JS's initial response to him and his "don't you trust me?" comments that JS was already growing weary of the defense, and felt the only chance he had as a miracle worker was to change the field of play. He probably feels that this is a minimal risk course, as he has no issues with a demanding judge, plus he makes sure that JB is still the lead when the subject of recusing JS comes up. The only trick to all of this is in order for it to work, JB must be kept bound gagged and in the closet so he cannot resume his normal public and courtroom statements.

A clean slate. That is for sure.

I have not seen anyone point out how this makes it easier for CM to take over control from JB.

Anytime JB opens his mouth, He will be breaking the rules.. pretty much. Always has, but gotten away with it. Even when filling motions... CM will not have to tell him to "back off/out".. the Judge will smack him.

She cannot talk with jurors during trial! :waitasec:

She cannot talk with jurors during trial! :waitasec:

EXACTLY! I nearly fainted when I read that!

However, I noticed that the quote SOTS posted said "Jurors just start talking to ME". Well, she has an obligation as an officer of the court to run as fast as she can in the other direction if a juror attempts to speak to her during trial.

I never really had a big interest in listening to her tapes, but now I do. :innocent:

However, I noticed that the quote SOTS posted said "Jurors just start talking to ME". Well, she has an obligation as an officer of the court to run as fast as she can in the other direction if a juror attempts to speak to her during trial.

I never really had a big interest in listening to her tapes, but now I do. :innocent:

Plus from what I remember you are given instructions to read about the rules. I would think any conversation with an attorney would get you dismissed from the jury and replaced by an alternate. But then again, AL could have sneezed and the juror said "Bless you". She would not be lying, just stretching the truth to fit her ego. jmo

Plus from what I remember you are given instructions to read about the rules. I would think any conversation with an attorney would get you dismissed from the jury and replaced by an alternate. But then again, AL could have sneezed and the juror said "Bless you". She would not be lying, just stretching the truth to fit her ego. jmo

Maybe she was talking about after the trial is finished and sort of forgot to mention that.

Listening to all of the lectures that I found AND reading as many articles by her that I could find on the WWW, gave me real insight into how her mind works and really, the defense POV in general. When people start freaking out about motions, or comments, or things she has said in interviews.....I am able to remain calm and see it as just another page in the "book"......not to be confused with HER book. HaHa

They are quite interesting and would answer many of the questions I see over and over asking "Why is she doing this?"

As far as her quote....it was in fact that jurors start talking to her. AND.....it was said while she was explaining the "red notebook" tool she uses. The comment was referencing that after enough times of pulling out the "red notebook" that soon the jurors would say...."get the red notebook".

Maybe she was talking about after the trial is finished and sort of forgot to mention that.

After the trial, - I hesitate to use the word often, but in my case - the DA and the defense attorneys asked to speak to a few us. Basically wanting to determine exactly what it was that prompted our decision. I imagine they use it as a 'what worked - what bombed' strategy for reference in trying future cases. (In fact, I was a juror lonnnggg ago in a very high-profile case in our area. That experience is what inspired me to began a career in law. I plan on blogging about it one day soon.)

That said, I can see Andrea Lyons using the opportunity to get a juror dismissed (one she WANTS dismissed ;) ). However, she should not even utter a "I can't talk to you". She just just turn around and walk in the other direction.

That quote SOTS posted makes me feel very, very icky.

Listening to all of the lectures that I found AND reading as many articles by her that I could find on the WWW, gave me real insight into how her mind works and really, the defense POV in general. When people start freaking out about motions, or comments, or things she has said in interviews.....I am able to remain calm and see it as just another page in the "book"......not to be confused with HER book. HaHa

They are quite interesting and would answer many of the questions I see over and over asking "Why is she doing this?"

As far as her quote....it was in fact that jurors start talking to her. AND.....it was said while she was explaining the "red notebook" tool she uses. The comment was referencing that after enough times of pulling out the "red notebook" that soon the jurors would say...."get the red notebook".[/QUOTE]

Do we really believe a judge would let a juror get away with making any remarks during court? We weren't permitted to make comments in the jury room, just personal chit chat. jmo

As far as her quote....it was in fact that jurors start talking to her. AND.....it was said while she was explaining the "red notebook" tool she uses. The comment was referencing that after enough times of pulling out the "red notebook" that soon the jurors would say...."get the red notebook".

Well, you've certainly piqued my curiosity! I am off to listen to the lectures and read everything I can find on her. Because after reading just that quote you posted, I too, can see that I am going to need to learn as much as I can about her strategy in order to remain calm when she pulls her antics.

Honestly, I can't see them banking on a female judge. I think it would be FAR worse especially if the judge was a mother/grandmother. Most women are far more protective over their children and have a different bond than men do. I know that sounds sexist, but lets face it women carry their babies inside of them for 10mths before they are born. There have been studies done where the cry of a newborn wears on the mother worse than the father because of the hormones and the simple fact that baby is a DIRECT extension of themselves. I almost wish she did have a female jude that was a mother/grandmother. AND I'm not saying men do not have a bond or love their offspring, IMO it's different than a mothers bond.

Well, you've certainly piqued my curiosity! I am off to listen to the lectures and read everything I can find on her. Because after reading just that quote you posted, I too, can see that I am going to need to learn as much as I can about her strategy in order to remain calm when she pulls her antics.

AL's book was highly insightful, I checked it out of the library the week it came out. It was super helpful.

AL's book was highly insightful, I checked it out of the library the week it came out. It was super helpful.

So I can prepare myself -

Did you feel like throwing up afterwards? :sick:

Like you, I will check it out from the library, but refuse to contribute one cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand