Judge Belvin Perry

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I was critical of CM for saying this was going to be FUN, but now I've got to agree with him, this is going to be fun, just not the kind he envisaged.

JS and JP between them, by thinking about what's best for Caylee rather than how to serve their individual egos, have played a different move than the defense expected and have thoroughly outwitted, outclassed and out-zinged them. JS was a genius to step down, and JP was a genius to step up. Oh how I <3 them both.

Yes, I do not think CM's Good ole boy routine will carry much weight with Judge Perry.

Yep I saw them playing with the pen. What really makes me sick is they are doing this when MN was talking about the remains of Caylee.

I think the Commissary had run out of licorice.

Yes, I do not think CM's Good ole boy routine will carry much weight with Judge Perry.

Waiting to hear CM ask the judge if he trusts him. Judge Perry's response: "That's #1."

OT - but does anyone know if any random citizen can go to the court proceedings? I'm just outside of Orlando and very interested in attending the hearing to see first-hand how this new judge will handle his courtroom. Do you have to be a member of the press or can anyone just go as long as they're respectful and adhere to the courtroom policies? I think it'd be nice to have more people sitting on Caylee's side after all. TIA.

OT - but does anyone know if any random citizen can go to the court proceedings? I'm just outside of Orlando and very interested in attending the hearing to see first-hand how this new judge will handle his courtroom. Do you have to be a member of the press or can anyone just go as long as they're respectful and adhere to the courtroom policies? I think it'd be nice to have more people sitting on Caylee's side after all. TIA.

We have several members who go to every one - usually they stay pretty low key and a couple of them come back and give us some first hand information. It's great to get impressions from people who are actually there vs. those of us who watch the televised versions.

Locals can probably answer your questions more accurately (but I think I have read in the past that actually, not that many show up to attend the hearings?)

But something tells me this hearing may be standing room only! :woohoo:

Yes, didn't one of our members report back after the last hearing when there was hardly anyone there someone in the media said it was because this case was "old news"? How sad is that!

We have several members who go to every one - usually they stay pretty low key and a couple of them come back and give us some first hand information. It's great to get impressions from people who are actually there vs. those of us who watch the televised versions.

I was just thinking it may be an interesting experience, and I have nothing to do with my time while my daughter's in preschool! Perhaps I could get acquainted with some of these other members? I wouldn't want to go if it's viewed as disrespectful, but I've been following this since day 31..participated in many searches and want so badly like the rest of us to see justice for sweet little Caylee.

Waiting to hear CM ask the judge if he trusts him. Judge Perry's response: "That's #1."

To which CM will sound even more like Foghorn Leghorn than usual- ie swagger around saying 'I say, I say,I say.......:innocent:

To which CM will sound even more like Foghorn Leghorn than usual- ie swagger around saying 'I say, I say,I say.......:innocent:

Hey now! No dissing Foghorn Leghorn! lol.

CM's More like the black sheep of Foghorn Leghorn's family that no one wants to admit to being related to. Yeah, he'll try to sound like ol' Foggy, but he just won't do him justice!

OMG that was a funny visual, though. ROFL.

Since the money has run out I think JB has lost intrest in the case and is now pretty much handing it over to CM. I think CM is trying to clean up JB mess now and the only way he could unring the bell is by having JS removed, so he could refile motions that JB filed and argued like he was a 3 grader. I think CM knows there isn't much hope of getting CA found not guilty and is simply trying for either LWOP or a plea. However I do not think that the SA office is going to offer a plea there is nothing to gain.

I hate to see JS leave, he was a great judge. However the circus was way out of control and JS was just giving the defense more and more leeway and JS was afraid that she would get an appeal. I love JS but I think he was to emotionally involved in the case, and to afraid that CA would get an appeal to really put his foot down.
PLEASE DONT THROW ANYTHING AT ME. I just think JS was to soft, but God bless him he was great.
Can't wait to see JP put the defense in thier place.

I'm so excited...I am off work on 4/30!!!

:praying::praying::praying: Please, Your Honor...allow cameras on the 30th!!! :crazy:

The best to me is no more smarmy Baez smirking!

Big ole understatement! Even Ashton is going to have to put a cork in that smirking he does. Ouch!

I've got a strong feeling there is going to be a whole lot less "Rocking" and a whole lot more "Ruling".

Bold mine.

And all of us will be sittin' on a BIG OLE RAINBOW!! :)

:back:
I wonder if the Defense will file a motion to rehear the legally flawed motions to try to put a standtill on the locomotion, you know the one that is headed straight at thier client.

:slap:
Say that three times really fast....

When argued in court maybe the judge will deny it so fast that we get Motion Sickness. Oh wait I think we already HAVE!

:smiliescale: Next case please.

I wonder if JB is already rehearsing how to say "Your honor" in the court room instead of saying "Judge"......I'm going to enjoy that!!

I wonder if JB is already rehearsing how to say "Your honor" in the court room instead of saying "Judge"......I'm going to enjoy that!!

HAH! And next on YouTube, videos of Baez practicing courtroom behavior in a mirror!

I wonder if there are court etiquette classes? I know there's just etiquette classes, I went to some of those. I'm just thinking he's going to need more than just mirror practice.

HAH! And next on YouTube, videos of Baez practicing courtroom behavior in a mirror!

I wonder if there are court etiquette classes? I know there's just etiquette classes, I went to some of those. I'm just thinking he's going to need more than just mirror practice.

Anyone want to wager that CM will be taking the lead on Friday. JB could sit at the table and test the waters, so to speak. See just how far CM can go before he gets smacked down by the judge. No more smirking (on either side) and no more comments from the peanut gallery.

In one hearing, CA is sitting with her bottle of water, chewing her gum and her phone rang. She answers it and then gets up and leaves. I believe it was right before court started. But when she returned I believe the judge was already seated. JMO

The rules for the courtroom are going to apply to the State too. I have seen JA and LDB roll their eyes a few times - not that I blame them of course :) This is good because the defense can't whine they are being picked on when they get told to 'behave'.

Do we know if any of the state attorneys have argued in fromt of Judge Plevins before? I am guessing at least a few of them probably have more experience with the chief judge then the defense?

Of particular interest.....questioning and cross for each party will be limited to one......So in other words.....if JB questions, the state crosses, CM or anyone else can NOT come in behind. That is going to seriously limit JB's face time.

If counsel objects, they must cite the legal basis for such AND THEY must follow through and not pass off to co-counsel.

I see Baez taking a back seat to Mr Mason, But that is just a guess.
Can't wait for the next hearing.

I predict JB will be the Gofer for CM, nothing more. He is simply not experienced enough to take on the Defense, and I think it shameful of him to pretend he could. If he were a Surgeon he would still be a 1st year intern, allowed to operate under direct supervision, not set loose on the unsuspecting Public like the Legal profession seems to allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966