Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval Thread #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These two pictures are making me , not question the analysis , but on which trajectory D was the analysis done on , for they're clearly very different trajectories:
View attachment 43818

View attachment 43819

The door has fielded panels, i.e. a much thicker stronger raised field in the middle with a much thinner weaker bas relief surround. Bullet D passes through the bas relief within millimetres of the raised field, i.e. the the panel's weakest point. D is the only bullet hole to coincide with a crack which "damaged" the hole where they meet demonstrating that bullet D was unequivocally made before the bat strike that cracked and broke the panel in that area. This was confirmed by Vermuellen in cross and would be confirmed by anyone who has a fair knowledge of even basic DIY woodwork.

The thinner surround gives a much shallower bullet hole (around half the depth of the three others passing through the raised field) which as bullet hole D was also damaged by the bat and/or the crack it will have significantly more slack for the rods to wobble around in making difficult to ascertain a precise angle at which the bullet passed through the door (the deeper the depth of the hole the more "wall" to guide the rods through at the correct angle). Trajectory D therefore is IMO the least reliable because the slack and damage afford the rod more movement and a change of even just a few degrees can significantly change the trajectory as in the two photos you liked in which bullet hole D shows two completely different trajectories.

Snipped by me... :)

Hi Forensics....

I agree, there are more & more articles regarding OP's state of mind creeping into the mainstream, and I for one think it is no accident.

Even the most deluded of Pistorians, must have realised that he has dug himself into a very deep hole during his cross examination, plus, he has compromised his defence team on several occasions.

What is left? In my very humble opinion, his family are in the last chance saloon if they want to keep him from a very long sentence. The only hope is for a diagnosis which said he was mentally incapacitated on Feb14th 2013. Why not get some 'friends' (possibly paid) to start throwing out lots of stories with regard to his sanity?

It might, they hope (although highly unlikely IMO,) have some influence on any assessment. I think there is a concerted campaign by some which appears to be working with some people.

However, I will go back to what I have said all along. The State, & judicial system are working hard to cover every base to ensure he gets a fair trial. When it's over, his routes for any appeal will be firmly blocked.

Yes I agree. However, I do not think the diagnosis of NPD would necessarily give him a lighter sentence....as it would not impede him from determining right from wrong.

Lois pistorius and Aimee reposted this YouTube video on 10th May.
Nel knows what the answer will be so shaking or nodding his head isn't going to make a witness say what he wants to hear??
They obviously think he's leading witnesses though.
http://youtu.be/FcVVrRyuww8

<modsnip>

Great sleuthing Emz. :) I'd love crilondon to check out that pic. Hmm, what it reveals? :sleuth:

Nel knows what the answer will be so shaking or nodding his head isn't going to make a witness say what he wants to hear??

Yes, nodding in anticipation. IMO Gerrie Nel likes to get through things quickly which is probably why he is nodding, he is impatient. haha
I wonder why this isn't brought to Roux's attention if the Pistorius family object, surely he's watching Nel, why not object?

IMO, it isn't objected to because it's a non-starter, they're just trying to get the public's attention for poor, innocent, hard done by OP. jmo :shakehead:

bbm

Yes, I think that's going on! IMO
One had to look at videos from testifying OP. Certainly Nel then always is shaking/nodding at times, he already knows OP's answer?

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · May 21
Channel 199 will pop down until 30 June 2014, when the trial is due to resume.

What have we learnt after Oscar Pistorius' seven days of evidence? - YouTube

What have we learnt after Oscar Pistorius' seven days of evidence?
5 News

I have not seen this before, but I agree with the male, criminal psychologist's opinion in this video. He has experience with criminal interviews.

Thank you Fuskier,

I like Dr Thompson, he does not buy any of OP's bs, the crying, the elaborate lies, and he explains OP behaviour so well.
Those clips of Gerrie Nel, wow, he is just too good. :dance:

GN - "say it then, I shot and killed Reeva Steenkamp!!" :croc:

What have we learnt after Oscar Pistorius' seven days of evidence? - YouTube

What have we learnt after Oscar Pistorius' seven days of evidence?
5 News

I have not seen this before, but I agree with the male, criminal psychologist's opinion in this video. He has experience with criminal interviews.

Excellent video, good to see someone like Dr Thompson there talking in a straightforward, matter-of-fact way about how criminals behave while in the dock, and how it basically confirms what many of us have been saying (and which has always been glaringly obvious right from the start anyway) .. he is clearly a very experienced person in his field, and he very clearly knows what he is talking about.

Hi Val1

I think practically all of OP's bail conditions were overturned by a different judge within a few weeks of them having been set.

I was really disgusted about it at the time. Even the condition preventing him from returning to the scene of the crime and approaching witnesses was removed as far as I know.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/28/oscar-pistorius-athletics-bail-conditions

I take your point about the reasons for travel abroad though - during that bail hearing it sounded as if foreign travel would be restricted to cases where he had been invited abroad to compete:

He added: "Why would this athlete go to a country without extradition and go and hide? It is not as if the appellant is travelling for holiday in Mauritius; it's only to gain an income, there's no other reason."

Indeed.

Yet another example of special treatment in my view. No wonder he is such an arrogant ****** given the unbelievably sycophantic treatment he gets and they way he seems to have carte blanche to just ignore any rules or laws which do not suit him..

Shouldn't he have been taken straight into custody on his return from Mozambique? What athletics tournament was he attending?

Hi Val1

I think practically all of OP's bail conditions were overturned by a different judge within a few weeks of them having been set.

I was really disgusted about it at the time. Even the condition preventing him from returning to the scene of the crime and approaching witnesses was removed as far as I know.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/28/oscar-pistorius-athletics-bail-conditions

I take your point about the reasons for travel abroad though - during that bail hearing it sounded as if foreign travel would be restricted to cases where he had been invited abroad to compete:

Indeed.

Yet another example of special treatment in my view. No wonder he is such an arrogant ****** given the unbelievably sycophantic treatment he gets and they way he seems to have carte blanche to just ignore any rules or laws which do not suit him..

Shouldn't he have been taken straight into custody on his return from Mozambique? What athletics tournament was he attending?

bbm - Yes that was my point, the condition for competition was from the appeal decision.

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2013032811822/oscar-pistorius-bail-condition-changes/
28 MARCH 2013

Oscar Pistorius, the Paralympian who stands accused of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has won the right to travel after challenging his bail conditions. The athlete will now be allowed to leave South Africa to compete, as long as he provides travel details in advance. He will also be allowed to return to his home in Pretoria.

(I'm back.)

I've been looking all over the net, unsuccessfully, for a terrific article I read a couple of weeks go. It was written by a SA lawyer who was articulate, specific, seemed knowledgeable, and was concise. Since I can't find it, let me try to explain my recollection of it in my best stumbling fashion. It was called the Law of __?___. darn, the name was key to the explanation.

In some countries it may be that if someone intentionally and with premeditation was murdering someone by shooting them, missed, and killed an innocent person instead, the shooter would not/could not be convicted of premeditated murder. They did not pre-meditate killing THAT person. Killing THAT person was an accident.

She said that under SA law, it's not that way. In SA, if someone intentionally and with premeditation is murdering someone by shooting them, misses, and kills an innocent person instead, the shooter WOULD BE guilty of premeditated murder, even though they did not pre-meditate killing the INNOCENT person.

I thought that was fascinating. While I don't know that law well enough to know, in the US where I am, I think in that scenario, the murderer could only be charged with accidental homicide, or whatever it's called.

This woman's point was that, in this case, if OP was intentionally and with premeditation tryin to kill an intruder by shooting them (even if the intruder was a figment of his imagination) and killed Reeva, instead, it's still premeditated murder.
If true, it magnifies the reason why OP doesn't want to admit in any way, shape or form that he shot at "the intruder" with intention and forethought, instead skating around in such a slippery manner that it defies even the whiff of truth.

(I'm back.)

I've been looking all over the net, unsuccessfully, for a terrific article I read a couple of weeks go. It was written by a SA lawyer who was articulate, specific, seemed knowledgeable, and was concise. Since I can't find it, let me try to explain my recollection of it in my best stumbling fashion. It was called the Law of __?___. darn, the name was key to the explanation.

In some countries it may be that if someone intentionally and with premeditation was murdering someone by shooting them, missed, and killed an innocent person instead, the shooter would not/could not be convicted of premeditated murder. They did not pre-meditate killing THAT person. Killing THAT person was an accident.

She said that under SA law, it's not that way. In SA, if someone intentionally and with premeditation is murdering someone by shooting them, misses, and kills an innocent person instead, the shooter WOULD BE guilty of premeditated murder, even though they did not pre-meditate killing the INNOCENT person.

I thought that was fascinating. While I don't know that law well enough to know, in the US where I am, I think in that scenario, the murderer could only be charged with accidental homicide, or whatever it's called.

This woman's point was that, in this case, if OP was intentionally and with premeditation tryin to kill an intruder by shooting them (even if the intruder was a figment of his imagination) and killed Reeva, instead, it's still premeditated murder.
If true, it magnifies the reason why OP doesn't want to admit in any way, shape or form that he shot at "the intruder" with intention and forethought, instead skating around in such a slippery manner that it defies even the whiff of truth.

Transferred intent. I am not aware of any county where this law does not apply exactly as it does in SA, but will wait for you to tell me which ones do not have it or something very similar.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transferred_intent

(I'm back.)

Thanks , very interesting .

rbbm - And he did , as per his testimony , kindly provided by mr.Nel :)

Only thing is - Oscar claimed not to have heard any screams. Wouldn't that testimony only carry weight if Oscar himself heard them?

Q. Mr.Pistorious did you hear Reeva screaming ?
A. Yes M'lady, right up until the 4th shot blew her brains out but I can't tell you I heard her screams otherwise your going to lock me up for the rest of my life.
:facepalm:

(I'm back.)

BIB Seems straightforward to me. If you are intending to kill someone, you are intending to kill someone. Shouldn't make a scrap of difference who it is.

Self-defence is a different matter, but in this case, Pistorius had no grounds whatsoever for thinking his own life was threatened.

Great sleuthing Emz. :) I'd love crilondon to check out that pic. Hmm, what it reveals? :sleuth:

Yes, nodding in anticipation. IMO Gerrie Nel likes to get through things quickly which is probably why he is nodding, he is impatient. haha
I wonder why this isn't brought to Roux's attention if the Pistorius family object, surely he's watching Nel, why not object?

IMO, it isn't objected to because it's a non-starter, they're just trying to get the public's attention for poor, innocent, hard done by OP. jmo :shakehead:

Hi Prime, thanks for the invitation ;) lol
First of all RT Kendall : I was looking for other photos on internet to give me a baseline for comparison , and i found about 20 of them where he smiles always in the same way. The only thing that strikes me is the different level of involvement between eyes and mouth , as in the mouth always more involved. Try to think of when you push a smile out , for whatever reason , especially when you don't feel like it but it's polite to. You always move the mouth first , never the eyes , and that's a dead giveaway. The man always seems to smile like that , i'll let you infer the rest....

Not much new as far as OP goes, his body language would say relaxed to me (why would OP be relaxed at this stage?! ). Usual asymmetrical movements (less acute in this photo) , left (actual) side of his face is not as involved as per usual , especially the left eye.
Has anyone ever actually seen OP laugh? Is there a video of him laughing wholeheartedly? That'd be very interesting for me to see.
I mention laughing because (picking up from the other day "overcome with sadness) it qualifies as being "overcome with happiness".
Can OP be overcome with happiness? If so , how often ? My guess is maybe , but not so often . Someone more savvy than me in psychology here ,i have a feeling,might very well be able and help me to define which category it falls into.

JMO

(I'm back.)

OT

Good to see you back!
You might be able to retrieve the link by looking back through your browsing history, unless you have it set up to erase history on exit. Click on the star up in the right hand corner of your screen, in between the house and gear icon. hth :seeya:

Hi Prime, thanks for the invitation ;) lol
First of all RT Kendall : I was looking for other photos on internet to give me a baseline for comparison , and i found about 20 of them where he smiles always in the same way. The only thing that strikes me is the different level of involvement between eyes and mouth , as in the mouth always more involved. Try to think of when you push a smile out , for whatever reason , especially when you don't feel like it but it's polite to. You always move the mouth first , never the eyes , and that's a dead giveaway. The man always seems to smile like that , i'll let you infer the rest....

Not much new as far as OP goes, his body language would say relaxed to me (why would OP be relaxed at this stage?! ). Usual asymmetrical movements (less acute in this photo) , left (actual) side of his face is not as involved as per usual , especially the left eye.
Has anyone ever actually seen OP laugh? Is there a video of him laughing wholeheartedly? That'd be very interesting for me to see.
I mention laughing because (picking up from the other day "overcome with sadness) it qualifies as being "overcome with happiness".
Can OP be overcome with happiness? If so , how often ? My guess is maybe , but not so often . Someone more savvy than me in psychology here ,i have a feeling,might very well be able and help me to define which category it falls into.

JMO

I found this on You Tube. Not exactly "busting his sides" but is the nearest I have seen him get to laughing. It is at the start of an episode of the One Show on the couch with Ronan Keating.

Oscar Pistorius The One Show - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member