Kaine explains the car swap

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why Kaine felt the need to state that it was per Terri's statements as reported by the media???????

I wonder why Kaine felt the need to state that it was per Terri's statements as reported by the media???????

I'm guessing because it didn't pan out when the actual facts came into the picture. Which is why we hear that she wasn't where she says she was at certain times for that day.

Oh boy, do I believe she planned this now. TH told KH that she needed the truck to pick up the project. In order to CYA, she went home and emailed the teacher (IF that is true) about it knowing FULL WELL she never planned on picking it up or that it even needed picking up that day. The teacher more than likely said, "Monday is fine" or something to that effect. THIS WAY, she could justify using the truck and not picking up the project. Both bases covered.

BUT, a logical person would see it like we do...why have Kyron ride the bus home? Simply go and pick him up and while you are there drop in the classroom and pick up the project. There really is no need to email the teacher about it.

Wow. TH is a piece of work.

I hate to say this, but, a pick up is easier to take off-road than a mustang.

If his only project were that cardboard red eyed tree frog exhibit, I don't see why that couldn't fit in the Mustang? Unless she was good about making Kyron sit in the backseat (as he should at his young age, in a booster as well but anyway) and then it wouldn't fit?

Former Mustang owner here. Let me tell you, those Mustangs may look small, but mine was actually pretty roomy, for a sportscar. I used mine whem I had a job as a rep for a clothing company. I sold a line of ladies blouses to westernwear stores, from the Texas Hill Country to the Panhandle and half-way to El-Paso. I carried samples and extra stock...lots of extra stock!

The trunk is quite deep, with plenty of room for a tri-fold presentation poster, shoe box display, etc. Two carseats would fit in the back seat, or a carseat and a large child, no problem. The entire project would have easily made the trip from school to home in the front seat as well, with the shoebox on the seat and the poster resting on the floorboard and inclined away from the dash, without obstructing right-side vision of the driver.

My H has a pick-up - Ford F-150, cab and a half. I hate driving it, especially with small kids, because it is too high off the ground for a woman my size ( 5'3'') to easily get "stuff" out of the rear seat or kids in and out. It is awkward to maneuver in crowded parking lots because it's hard to park straight with enough room to fully open doors, you can't see well out the back unless you sit very high in the seat,...perfect for a 6' or taller man. There is no trunk, so everything rides in the cab with the kiddos.

I'm calling this one BUSTED! (IMHO, of course)

Not implying dishonesty on Kaine's part...he just reported what Terri said she needed the pick-up for!

I think I read somewhere that TH had been at the school the previous day. I wouldn't even know how to find a link at this point though.

I think the day before was when TH gave Kyron's teacher paperwork regarding an appointment (causing some confusion as to when the appt actually was to take place). This may have been done in conjunction with dropping off the science project.

That's what I'm wondering. Kaine is home by 1:45. Why didn't they get in the truck and pick up Kyron and his exhibit after school? Why let him ride the bus home?

Is it because they/she knew he wasn't at the school to pick up?

Perhaps Kaine didn't know until afternoon that he was going to be able to go home and work for the remainder of the day.

Just because they (KH, DY, TY) haven't fully answered all the questions that are posed on this forum doesn't mean that they haven't discussed those answers with LE. Obviously there is alot of information between this family and LE that we simply are not aware of.

I believe this is the first time he has addressed this issue:

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98654424.html

If she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance I think this could be very material to premeditation. Have we ever confirmed whether she brought the project home or not? I can't remember.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, just started reading this. This statement tells me that the project was already at the school set up and ready to go. So Terri did not drive the project to the school on June 4th, it was already there. Did she bring it to the school the day before? She needed the truck to bring the project home, OK sure, but she did not do this. Why did she not bring the project home?

There is speculation that she emailed the teacher about when to go to the school to pick up the project (speculation only, info from a friend of Terri's who posted in a comment section of a news media source somewhere).

Sorry, I realize that you all jumped on the project at school the day before thing lol! I have another question though. Was Terri known by the students of the school for driving her Mustang to school or the white truck? If she drove her car normally then the kids would know her car well. I have to wonder about the7th grader boy who said that he saw the truck outside that morning. How would he know that was her truck?

Sorry, I realize that you all jumped on the project at school the day before thing lol! I have another question though. Was Terri known by the students of the school for driving her Mustang to school or the white truck? If she drove her car normally then the kids would know her car well. I have to wonder about the7th grader boy who said that he saw the truck outside that morning. How would he know that was her truck?

I need to find the link, but I'm pretty sure he said he saw A white truck, not HER white truck.

I'm wondering the same thing. Sounds like he didn't question why she didn't bring the project home, or why she found it necessary to leave early.
Maybe he did, and we are not supposed to know the answers just yet.

I need to find the link, but I'm pretty sure he said he saw A white truck, not HER white truck.

He said "THE white truck." Actually, he may have said, "THE truck." I know he said "THE" because we had a discussion about it. Darn. I'll go find link if you don't find it first.

I'm wondering if we're seeing the beginnings of a split in the tight family front.

After DY's comments about Kyron breaking down in sobs when he had to come home, I wondered how KH would feel about it.

And after all the talking KH has done in the last couple weeks, I have to wonder just how comfortable LE (and TY) are with it.

I think we would all have to agree that it is rare to see a family talk so much to the media. And LE has said so little. Just to be honest, I have no idea where we are supposed to look for Kyron, what are we supposed to be watching for? They say he is alive and they seem so certain of it....but in the same breath they say TH is not a suspect or POI and that they have nothing to do with these family/media pressers.

The post in the reference thread about Terri emailing the teacher was a rumor, and should have been removed. Here is the rule on comments at the bottom of media articles.

You must link to the post, not copy the comments here, and then it can be discussed. That should not have been posted here and I apologize that we missed it. And the link that was provided no longer works.

As a compromise since it was discussed here not as fact, but rather something that was in a comment, we are going to place this in the Myth Thread. If you want to link to that myth thread you may.

It is considered unsubstantiated and a myth. As long as you don't say it is fact but rather something posted in a comment you are OK.

Thanks Gram.

Thinking out loud here...

Let's give TH the benefit of the doubt for a second and say that the science project was a legitimate reason to use the truck that day. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but for a second, let's just say it is, even if the deciding factor is something like a full trunk or laziness in loading/unloading everything/everyone.

Fine. So she takes the truck. She tells KH that she needs it to pick up the project (I am operating on the assumption that the projects were set up the day before, because we know she was there the day before because that is when she gave Kyron's teacher the paper regarding Kyron's doctor appt.).

So, for some reason, TH leaves the science fair before it's over, so she doesn't bring the project home. I believe the email to the teacher about picking up the project is a rumor, as I've never seen a MSM report on that. So, if she left early, and did not go back later in the day to pick it up, and it was so big that a truck was needed to transport it....how did she expect Kyron to bring it home on a school bus? Perhaps she figured she'd go back on Monday and get it (at least this would be what she would tell Kaine)?

We also know that KH, TY, and DY knew nothing about the talent show. Why is that? Even if TH didn't say anything about it...how would she have kept Kyron from telling one of his other three parents about it? And why wouldn't she have gone to watch him? Could it be that he was just singing with his class or something simple like that and it was going to be during Baby K's naptime, so she opted not to attend?

I really think that somewhere in all of these questions is where the answer lies...the writing on the wall...the premeditation. We just haven't put it all together yet. But hopefully LE has figured it out. Perhaps her inability to answer some of these rather simple questions is why she failed 2 LD tests.

I have been one who has believed from the start that this whole thing, whatever it is that has caused Kyron to be missing, was not premeditated if Terri had done it. Now with this car info, which tends to point toward but not confirm premeditation, I have a tiny sliver of hope that maybe Kyron is still alive or at least was when Terri last saw him, as I just cannot imagine the plotting of the murder of a child to this degree. I am (probably the only) one who doesn't even think CA planned to killed Caylee, she just did it, and then basically moved on with her life.

On the other hand, something spontaneous still could have occurred and the vehicle swap may mean nothing. I still can't shake the impression that Kaine listened to Terri with a half an ear when she talked to him about household arrangements and happenings and did not really know much about what was going on in his own home. Lots of men don't want to be bothered with too much detail as long as they can believe that things are running smoothly.

Wait, so she also had the baby with her at the science fair? This is the first I have read that she did. Is there a link for that? And if KH was home, did he not know about the talent show or did he just not go?

Wait, so she also had the baby with her at the science fair? This is the first I have read that she did. Is there a link for that? And if KH was home, did he not know about the talent show or did he just not go?

I think there is a thread about the baby being with her; it came out about a week or so ago.
as far as the talent show, there is no confirmation if Kyron was ever meant to be in it. Kaine did not seem to be aware of and neither did Desiree. It may not have been one where every child was a participant, but rather optional.

2 kids, one of which is in a car seat and a science project in the back of a 'stang? I can see whe she needed the pick up.
Maybe, but what about the trunk? Or the front seat? That project looked to me like it folded upon itself. That could easily have fit in the front passenger seat if bottom was on the floor. Definitely in the trunk. All it is is poster board, really.

I think there is a thread about the baby being with him; it came out about a week or so ago.

As far as the talent show, there is no confirmation if Kyron was ever meant to be in it. Kaine did not seem to be aware of and neither did Desiree. It may not have been one where every child was a participant, but rather optional.

Thanks! I missed that somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back