Kaine explains the car swap

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I recall, that afternoon Terri emailed Kyron's teacher asking what time the science projects needed to be picked up. I always wondered how she happened to drive the pickup that day. Looks to me like this points to premeditation.
IMO

Hi Caligram.:dance:

I was really hot onto the supposed email from TH to Ky's teacher about what time the science projects needed to be picked up -- however, the last time I used it in a post and was questioned about a link, I couldn't find a link!!!and I know I read that in MSM somewhere.:waitasec:

Here on WS that email from TH is now listed as a rumor. I will try to find that link -- or please, if anyone else has it and gets to it first, thanks!

I still totally agree with you about premeditation and the vehicle, however.
:twocents:

2 kids, one of which is in a car seat and a science project in the back of a 'stang? I can see whe she needed the pick up.

On the other hand, plenty of mothers manage to come through in rickety two-door cars, with the kids, and the school stuff. I did it. Never even thought about it. Just did it.

imo
edit to add: and my ex had a truck and it never occurred to me to borrow it, or ask him to do the hauling. she was spoiled.

2 kids, one of which is in a car seat and a science project in the back of a 'stang? I can see whe she needed the pick up.

Yes, but assuming that the project was brought the day before, why didn't she use the truck to bring it home if that was the reason given?

On the other hand, plenty of mothers manage to come through in rickety two-door cars, with the kids, and the school stuff. I did it. Never even thought about it. Just did it.

imo
edit to add: and my ex had a truck and it never occurred to me to borrow it, or ask him to do the hauling. she was spoiled.

I recall getting the projects, cupcakes and the costumes (when necessary) to school just walking with my kids!! the car thing seems pretty fake to me even a mustang has a trunk!!!!!:waitasec:

Maybe she took the project up in the Mustang and realized it would be easier to transport back in the truck. Maybe she intended on taking the project home that morning, but found out that everyone was leaving their projects for the entire day...

This makes me wonder...were the Science Fair ribbons/awards already given by the morning of June 4th?

But the project folds up (except the shoe box looking exhibit part of it, but that was small). IMO, the project could have folded up and been slid in easily behind the front seats so it were standing on the floor (or laying on it's side, I mean). Again, possibly a tight fit in a Mustang (I've only been in a Mustang that were many years older than what she has) but I do think what I'm picturing in my head would work.

And this is the backseat of a 2006 Mustang: http://dougmm.com/backseat1234.JPG Okay, I can see how it may not fit in the backseat like I was describing above. It'd depend on the size of the project folded up, obviously, and those dimensions I don't know (and I'm terrible at looking at something and guesstimating, so..). And a 2008 backseat: http://www.ford-mustang-hype.com/images/v6rental_backseat.jpg

And that's not even touching the trunk, though I know those aren't overly large either. This is a 2010 Mustang's trunk: http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-...ers/17930649+w750/2010-ford-mustang-trunk.jpg A picture but that looks like sufficient room maybe. Unless.. her trunk is full of stuff.

Ah well, the guesses are endless. In the end, her reason was a poor excuse in my eyes.

Heck friends rented a new mustang GT when we were in Oahu and we went to the outlet mall and did some marathon girl shopping there were five of us and loads of bags -- more than enough room....cry me a river step momma!

Maybe she took the project up in the Mustang and realized it would be easier to transport back in the truck. Maybe she intended on taking the project home that morning, but found out that everyone was leaving their projects for the entire day...

Could be, and I appreciate you giving her the benefit of the doubt -- however, I think she was pretty savvy about the school protocol, the schedule, the Science Fair, etc. Plus, this vehicle issue, though very important, is just one of the hinky things that viewed with all the other hinky things makes one "Think Hinky."
:Benny_monkeysmilies

IMHO, et al. :takeoff:

In the photos that were taken the following Monday it looked like Kyron's project was the only one left there. To me it would make more sense if it were me to come back for the talent show and then take Kyron and the project home afterwards. That is one of the things that made no sense to me in the early days. If she was at the science fair it would make sense for her to go to the talent show, too. Remember the video of Kyron singing with his class? She took baby K there, too, so it looked like she attended many of the school events. And Kaine said she was home at 2:00pm when he got home, on the computer and baby K was awake. No reason for her not to go. Well, actually I can think of a reason. And funny that Kaine didn't even know about the talent show.

Do we know what Kyron was to do IN the talent show? I don't recall hearing but I've missed a lot in the past 2 weeks or so it seems.

She wouldn't take the project home if she were leaving at 9am, since others were still looking. If the plan were for him to come home on the bus, as the plan obviously were, most children don't bring projects that size on the bus (IME). Even so, if he were going to bring it home on the bus, why the need for the truck?

Ugh, I'm confusing myself at this point. But this isn't making any sense. I'd love to know what the plan was for other children and their projects - when were THEY to bring their projects home?

To confuse myself further, WHEN did the project get taken to school? That morning? Maybe Kaine was confused and meant to say she needed to the truck to *take* the project to school NOT to bring it home?

In the photos that were taken the following Monday it looked like Kyron's project was the only one left there. To me it would make more sense if it were me to come back for the talent show and then take Kyron and the project home afterwards. That is one of the things that made no sense to me in the early days. If she was at the science fair it would make sense for her to go to the talent show, too. Remember the video of Kyron singing with his class? She took baby K there, too, so it looked like she attended many of the school events. And Kaine said she was home at 2:00pm when he got home, on the computer and baby K was awake. No reason for her not to go. Well, actually I can think of a reason. And funny that Kaine didn't even know about the talent show.

Yes--I wonder why they didn't go to the talent show. Was Kyron performing--that would be strange if they didn't watch his performance! I had many thoughts about the Science Fair~just comparing it to what I remember when I taught...it appears to me that Kyron's class had a helper of some sort, and maybe TH felt like she could go ahead and leave, then b/c she left early she couldn't take the project yet; if awards and ribbons hadn't been issued yet, she might have left the project... I wonder why Kaine and Terri didn't take Kyron's project while they were there Friday after school? (And, has it been examined by LE?)

This makes me wonder why Kaine didn't question his wife about why the project wasn't taken home yet if the original plan was to stay for the whole science fair and take it home that day. Didn't he ask her why she might have left early? Or was he really oblivious about those things? That would have been my first question upon returning home and not seeing the project there since that was the excuse for taking the truck in the first place.

this is what i havent figured out either - when i first started reading about this case i thought it was odd that he was suppose to take the bus home after they went thru the trouble to take him and his project and that kh said they were going to go for ice cream when he got out of school...if th and kh were home why didnt they just go pick him up? if they left the red eyed frog there that day, how many days would the frog end up staying unattended at the school? i dont think kyron would have left the frog there that long... im just catching up - if this has already been asked and answered - i apologize in advance :/

this is what i havent figured out either - when i first started reading about this case i thought it was odd that he was suppose to take the bus home after they went thru the trouble to take him and his project and that kh said they were going to go for ice cream when he got out of school...if th and kh were home why didnt they just go pick him up? if they left the red eyed frog there that day, how many days would the frog end up staying unattended at the school? i dont think kyron would have left the frog there that long... im just catching up - if this has already been asked and answered - i apologize in advance :/

Not sure if this is what you mean but Kyron didn't have a live frog there, just a project about them.

BBM

Very interesting that TH took the truck to bring home the project, didn't stay "for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported" and obviously hadn't used the truck to bring the project home --- and then KH, TH and Baby K go to meet the bus and there is no K on the bus.

I believe KH must have noticed TH did not bring the project home (her stated reason for wanting to use the truck) and I would think he probably asked TH about it that afternoon or night -- because it was odd behavior (IMO) and I think KH is a sharp guy.

So, as we learn more about those first hours and days of K going missing from KH, DY, and TY, it seems to me that there are quite a few more clues for us that must have caused questions from them at the very beginning that TH just couldn't answer.
Also, I wonder how the project got to the school in the first place?
If the truck was needed to bring it home it seems the truck might have been needed to take it there. We seem to have gleaned from news coverage that the projects were already set up at the school for Friday morning -- and KH's statement about bringing the project home seems to confirm the truck was not used to take the project in to the school that morning.

So, I wonder if TH had used the truck previously to transport the project? If she is indeed involved in KH's disappearance, a smart CSI cookie (IMO) would have used the truck previously so as to not look so suspicious!

AvalonBlue you had already bolded in the quoted post and I couldn't remember where you bolded so I just slapped some red in there to highlight the statement you made that I wanted to comment on :)

And that is probably the reason we are hearing she was being "defensive". JMHO.

Do we know what Kyron was to do IN the talent show? I don't recall hearing but I've missed a lot in the past 2 weeks or so it seems.

She wouldn't take the project home if she were leaving at 9am, since others were still looking. If the plan were for him to come home on the bus, as the plan obviously were, most children don't bring projects that size on the bus (IME). Even so, if he were going to bring it home on the bus, why the need for the truck?

Ugh, I'm confusing myself at this point. But this isn't making any sense. I'd love to know what the plan was for other children and their projects - when were THEY to bring their projects home?

To confuse myself further, WHEN did the project get taken to school? That morning? Maybe Kaine was confused and meant to say she needed to the truck to *take* the project to school NOT to bring it home?

bbm

that's what I'd like to know too:angel:

Yes, but assuming that the project was brought the day before, why didn't she use the truck to bring it home if that was the reason given?

Maybe the car seat was already in the truck and it was easier to just take the truck instead of reinstalling the seat?

This guy seems to be pretty unaware, overall really checked out, so it's weird that he's now all over the reader "questions." I don't get how some questions are ok to answer and some questions need to be skipped. His selection of what to answer/respond to is off. (Wonder if LE shuts him up tomorrow? Betcha Tony doesn't dig it.)

I'm wondering if we're seeing the beginnings of a split in the tight family front.

After DY's comments about Kyron breaking down in sobs when he had to come home, I wondered how KH would feel about it.

And after all the talking KH has done in the last couple weeks, I have to wonder just how comfortable LE (and TY) are with it.

Did she bring the science project home that day? That was the reason she told him she needed the truck, but then she was at home on the computer when he got home and there was no mention by TH of picking up the science project. It does not make sense. Why did she need the truck then?

The truth falls together. There is no confusion. Too much confusion here.

Didn't she send an email to the teacher around 1 pm asking when she could pick up the exhibit?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back