Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves said during a Wednesday press conference. She said police are still gathering information on the exact number and status of the victims, though she does not "believe" any victims were children."

Very confusing.

Lisa Lopez-Galvan, a Johnson County mother of two and beloved disc jockey in Kansas City, was confirmed dead as the second person killed in the shooting at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade celebration Wednesday. Friends confirmed the death to The Star after talking to family. Lopez-Galvan is reported to have died during surgery from a gunshot wound to her abdomen Wednesday afternoon at University Health, formerly Truman Medical Center. “She was the most wonderful, beautiful person,” said Lisa Lopez, a friend for decades (no relation) who also works as The Star’s newsroom executive administrative assistant. “She was a local DJ. She did everybody’s weddings. We all know her. She was so full of life.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article285494757.html#storylink=cpy

Two suspects arrested.

I wonder if they were gang members armed with Glock switch equipped pistols, sprayed a crowded area with bullets and were then pounced on by citizens once their ammunition was expended.

JMO.

Is it just me or is it extremely uncommon for a victim to be named so soon after a shooting?
This is coming from the family, which typically names victims before the authorities do (we see this with military casualties for instance)

But yes, I haven’t seen it happen this fast before in an event like this.

Two suspects arrested.

I wonder if they were gang members armed with Glock switch equipped pistols, sprayed a crowded area with bullets and were then pounced on by citizens once their ammunition was expended.

JMO.
It wouldn’t be necessary to have a device like that to have this many injuries, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from someone right there who could perhaps shed some light on how this went down. It does look to me like some sort of beef between parties, and god knows we’ve seen situations like this before (multiple innocent people shot).

It wouldn’t be necessary to have a device like that to have this many injuries, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from someone right there who could perhaps shed some light on how this went down. It does look to me like some sort of beef between parties, and god knows we’ve seen situations like this before (multiple innocent people shot).
The only reason I'm guessing a full auto weapon was possibly involved is from witness descriptions that suggests very rapid fire was heard.

Kevin Sanders, 53, of Lenexa, Kansas, said he heard what sounded like firecrackers and then people running.

Last edited:
8-10 shot at Kansas City Chiefs celebratory parade. Federal law enforcement on scene investigating. I just booked the next flight out of Chicago. Will be reporting live tonight and all day tomorrow with updates. Praying for the victims of this senseless violence.

Latest out of #KansasCity -Two people in custody-At least one person dead-No children believed harmed-Estimated 10-15 injured, not all gunshot wounds-Level 1 trauma center treating 4 gunshot victims and 8 others with injuries-White House
@POTUS
offered federal assistance

Children’s Mercy hospital is now saying it is treating 12 patients from the parade. 11 are children. 9 have gun shot wounds.That is drastically different than what police said less than an hour ago at the presser when they said they did not believe any children were hurt. Working to clarify.

Gunshot wound total in #KansasCity has now gone up to 22, officials confirm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back