Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lisa Lopez-Galvan, a Johnson County mother of two and beloved disc jockey in Kansas City, was confirmed dead as the second person killed in the shooting at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade celebration Wednesday. Friends confirmed the death to The Star after talking to family. Lopez-Galvan is reported to have died during surgery from a gunshot wound to her abdomen Wednesday afternoon at University Health, formerly Truman Medical Center. “She was the most wonderful, beautiful person,” said Lisa Lopez, a friend for decades (no relation) who also works as The Star’s newsroom executive administrative assistant. “She was a local DJ. She did everybody’s weddings. We all know her. She was so full of life.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article285494757.html#storylink=cpy

We thank her for her sacrifice.

It's so very discouraging and horrible that there were 800 police there, well prepared for any disturbance or untoward event, yet still 22 people were shot.
How do we go from here ???
A healthy fear of authority is a thing of the past for the criminally minded.
We see it in the news almost every day.
So, where do we go from here is a good question.

jmo

• Kansas City Chiefs parade shooting: what we know so far
  • ''A mass shooting occurred at Wednesday’s Super Bowl victory parade for the Kansas City Chiefs football team, with gunshots erupting and multiple people struck, according to authorities.
  • The shooting occurred at the end of the parade, which was expected to be attended by more than a million people, and sent terrified fans fleeing as police raced to find the perpetrators.
  • Authorities have confirmed at least one person was killed and 22 injured. At least eight children were among those shot and eight people had immediately life-threatening injuries.
  • Police have detained three people in connection with the shooting, and recovered firearms from the scene.
  • The Kansas City Star identified a victim who died. Lisa Lopez-Galvan, a local DJ and mother of two, died in surgery after being shot, friends told the newspaper.''

• ''Authorities said there is not yet a clear motive and said that much remains unknown. They have asked anyone with information or video of what occurred to contact police.''

I thought the same thing. I heard on the news tonight and there were almost a million people there. I don't have an answer as to what they could have done differently or how they could have been better prepared. It's sad and frustrating that we fear sending our kids to school, to go grocery shopping, to go to movie theaters and attend parades. This has to stop.
They had the parade last year, they knew the drill, had the protocols in place and I'd imagine added additional layers of protection. The next parade, I predict, won't be a parade. It will be in a controlled environment like a stadium.

Feb 14, 2024
Video captured the moment at least two bystanders tackled and subdued one of the suspects in Wednesday’s shooting at the Chiefs Super Bowl rally in Kansas City that left one person dead and wounded at least 15 others. KTLA's Sandra Mitchell reports.

"This is not us". We hear this after these shootings and attacks. THIS IS US. No school, community, city, or place is immune. Time has shown it happens time and time again. Be it a hate-filled hellion bent on killing as many as people as possible, or folks with a personal vendetta who doesn't care who gets in the way of their revenge.
So very sorry :( and so scary

“We were right up on the front of the fences, far left side, like right above the barricade,” said Hank. “… We heard shots and there were rumors going around. Everyone started getting down. And me and my friend Gabe, we jumped over the fences.”

Gabe said he heard, “boom, boom, like real quick,” before a security guard shouted toward him.

“The security guard was like, ‘Get over the damn fence right now. There’s a shooter,’” Gabe said.

But as he tried to leap over the barricade, his foot got caught, and “then my face nailed the concrete.”

As he stood up, a security guard directed him inside Union Station. There, Gabe said multiple people offered their support, including one who had just spoken on the stage outside.

Andy Reid, the Chiefs’ head coach.

“Andy Reid was trying to comfort me, which was nice,” Gabe said, shortly before his voice broke and tears filled his eyes. “… He was kind of hugging me, just like, ‘Are you OK, man? Are you OK? Just please breathe.’ He was being real nice and everything.”

Former Boston police commissioner William Evans shared insight into the difficulty of keeping large-scale events such as sports championship parades safe.

"To put on these parades and these after celebrations, you know, is always something I dreaded," Evans told NewsCenter 5 on Wednesday, hours after a shooting at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl celebration left one person dead and at least 10 others hurt.

"There way too many guns out there," Evans said. "They're in the hands of the wrong crowd out there. And when kids get guns, and we're seeing more younger and younger, they come to these events and, you know, one gang will bump into another gang, and next thing you know, they're shooting at each other."

Former Boston police commissioner William Evans shared insight into the difficulty of keeping large-scale events such as sports championship parades safe.

"To put on these parades and these after celebrations, you know, is always something I dreaded," Evans told NewsCenter 5 on Wednesday, hours after a shooting at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl celebration left one person dead and at least 10 others hurt.

"There way too many guns out there," Evans said. "They're in the hands of the wrong crowd out there. And when kids get guns, and we're seeing more younger and younger, they come to these events and, you know, one gang will bump into another gang, and next thing you know, they're shooting at each other."
I think that's exactly what happened; one gang bumped into another and all hell broke loose. That sort of thing happens all the time, just not typically at parades.

It’s possible that the shooters were shooting at each other at this point, but to me, there’s a burst that sounds like automatic gunfire. I think one of these shooters had a Glock switch, an illegal device that converts a handgun to an automatic weapon. They’re highly innacurate, and would explain the high level of injuries (of course multiple shooters explains this as well).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back