Kate McCann book Madeleine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
P74 Kate states a late night for them is 10.30. David and Fiona find their early bedtimes amusing.

P80 Gerry announces abruptly he's off to bed at 11.50pm. Kate is upset by his behaviour.

P76 Kate describes the mini club visit to the tennis courts on the morning of Tuesday 1st May. Madeleine and another child from their group, Ella, are present. Kate describes running to the apartment to get the camera to take the photo of Madeleine with tennis balls later shared with the media. Ella is the daughter of Jane Tanner (and Russell O Brien? not sure if they are biologically related). She is a very similar age to MM.

Last edited:
P77 on the afternoon of Tuesday 1st May, Kate describes her and Gerry taking MM and the twins to the beach for a short time.

P82 Thursday 3rd May am - MM asks KM why she didn't come when her and Sean cried. KM says she thought it unlikely the children had woken cried and gone back to sleep in a 30 minute window between checks.

P84 KM says she thinks the children were disturbed by someone trying to get in the apartment.

P86 describes the swimming pool visit in the afternoon and the last photo. MM returns to mini club and she ave GM practice their tennis and have a lesson. After, KM goes for a run and sees the rest of the group on the beach. She is hurt they didn't mention it to them.

P87-88 KM states she finished her run at 5.30 and met GM and the children at the tapas bar. They go back to the appt. By just before 6, GM leaves for a tennis social with the other men in the group. Dave is also there. He comes to the McCann appt at 6.40 to see if he can help with taking three children to the park. KM decides against it so he goes back to tennis.

I wonder why Gerry didn't return to help. It would seem more logical that he would go and help with his own children rather than another member of the group who had his own children there.

P89 KM describes the last bedtime routine in detail. She states GM comes through to kiss them goodnight. I wonder how hands on a parent GM is. Three children under 4 is a lot to handle.

P90 KM and GM help the twins kiss their sister night night at around 7pm.

P91 KM says they consider staying in. But as we all know, they don't. They leave for the tapas place at c.8.30pm. They are the first to arrive.

P92 GM carries out the first check at 21.05. He sees another Briton and stops to talk to him. Jane Tanner sees them taking when she goes to check in her children. The timing of this is not mentioned. GM is sufficiently delayed for KM to wonder where he is.

P93 KM goes to check at 21.30 when Matt also goes to check. He goes to check the McCann children for KM.

There must have been a lot of activity leaving and returning to the table. I wonder how they manage to have a conversation when it appears that they aren't all at the table st the same time. It would make a sense to me that one if them checks all the children rather than each checking their own..but then, this might cause the children upset if they woke and saw an adult they didn't really know at their bedroom door.

P93 KM goes for the 10pm check. The children's bedroom door slams shut. A surprised KM retraces her steps to check she shut the patio door.

I look at the room plan on p63. I doubt you would need to re trace t6our steps to see if you left the patio doors open. Unless KM shut the curtains behind her. It seems unlikely for a quick check, but she says they were drawn when they left.

P93 KM struggles to make out MM in the dark.

I find this odd, as there must have been a light on, unless of course she opened the door a little and stuck her head around it.

P95 After checking the apartment and raising the alarm, GM closes the shutter of the window in the childrens bedroom.

Not ideal really, l think, even the dimmest of people must have heard the phrase 'don't interfere with the crime scene'.

The police are alerted pretty much straight away.

P97-98 KM states the Mark Warner cs manager tries to comfort her but she doesn't want strangers near her.

On p99, KM is glad of the support of an interpreter, who also happens to be a stranger.

P100 KM states GM didn't tell her about JT Tannerman sighting until the morning after because of the condition she was in.

I wonder if your condition would be any better by morning. Mine wouldn't. I would have to be sedated if my little girl went missing. But... we're all different.

I can't wrap my head around leaving children alone while going out to dinner. Call me a "Helicopter Mom". And the fact that Madeleine was adopted, I believe that the twins were born after Maddie was adopted...the lack of absolutely any evidence of a break in is odd to me..and never a word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pagan25
Back