Kate Spade, 55, Fashion Designer, Found Dead, Suicide

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Kate Spade, American Designer, Dead at 55
merlin_139098621_3b9b2eb9-5888-4064-87d1-7068f861cabe-articleLarge.jpg
Designer Kate Spade poses with handbags and shoes from her collection in 2004.
"A housekeeper found Ms. Spade in her bedroom hanging from a red scarf tied to a doorknob, the police said. She was unconscious and the housekeeper called 911.

Ms. Spade’s husband was at the scene. A police spokesman did not know the whereabouts of Ms. Spade’s daughter."

Kate Spade, American Designer, Dead at 55
"A housekeeper found Ms. Spade in her bedroom hanging from a red scarf tied to a doorknob, the police said. She was unconscious and the housekeeper called 911.

Ms. Spade’s husband was at the scene. A police spokesman did not know the whereabouts of Ms. Spade’s daughter."

Bbm: just like L'Wren Scott, fashion designer.
ETA: Wonder if selling her company to coach had any bearing on her state of mind.

Last edited:
Saddens my heart. This emphasizes to me how crucial it is to talk to others and listen to others about how we are all feeling.

Reminds me of Marie Osmond's quote after her son's suicide:
Excerpt from news article (below):

"I told him, I said, 'Mike, I'm gonna be there Monday and it's gonna be OK.' But depression doesn't wait 'til Monday," she said.

"It was Friday, Feb. 26, when Blosil jumped to his death from the roof of his apartment building in Los Angeles."

Marie Osmond Opens Up About Son's Suicide

The Spades sold the majority of their empire to Neiman Marcus in 1999 for a reported $34 million, and then the rest in 2006 for another $59 million.

But the brand continued to boom without them and last year, Coach bought the company for $2.4 billion.

They launched a new brand called Frances Valentine in 2016.

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/05/kate-spade-dead-at-55/

I found this article below informative:
Excerpt:

"Suicide is the worst possible death on friends and family." It leaves everything unanswered and there's no closure. Suicide has an edge that other forms of death don't." Steve Fugate, NBC, Bay Area(link is external).

"Steve Fugate, a 65-year-old Florida man, made walking his passion after his son committed suicide in 1999. Since then, Fugate has walked all over the United States, tallying up 30,000 miles, over the course of 12 years. "At each stop, he tells people to love life and to reject suicide."

"Mr. Fugate's campaign for life touches all of us deeply. I love his message and his resilient nature. His walk was also a fight for his life, to stay hopeful despite his suffering."

The Edge of Suicide

Last edited:
Thousands of messages of hope towards reaching people considering suicide are all over the internet now.

Messages are to tell someone how we are feeling, reach out, get help, there is hope, you are not alone, you are never alone, call, tell someone how you are feeling now, do it now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bomber1978
Back