Kate Spade, 55, Fashion Designer, Found Dead, Suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad. As already mentioned, this is exactly what designer L'Wren Scott did at age 49 in her New York apartment. However, she didn't have any children (except Mick Jagger), whereas Kate Spade had a child. Very, very sad..

this is very good , what are you guys? I'm an 8
cs09wsvbsjf8x5wi1phf.png
I guess I'm blessed, I'm a 2.

It is heartening to see all of the information spreading across the internet for anyone to seek help and reach out if they are feeling suicidal thoughts.

Message is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to tell people when we feel we are in a "tunnel" and see no way out.

These messages are so important and today is a tough day for a lot of people reading about this.

IMO, It's not a lack of awareness that keeps those contemplating suicide from asking for help, it's that huge dark crevasse that exists between knowing you are in an existential crisis and feeling capable of reaching out.

Some people will never find it possible to scream out for a lifeline.

During dark times in my life, I've been able to convince myself that I could always do it "tomorrow."

Whether it was part of some great plan, or just the benefits of waking up to a new day, it was a weird kind of self-care strategy that kept me alive.
JMO.

I’m so sorry Kate has passed. It just goes to show depression can affect anyone regardless of their wealth or success or family.

I really feel for Kate’s thirteen year old daughter not only has she lost her mum but her mum died in the apartment she lives in.

May Kate Spade Rest In Peace

Depression is an awful condition every day can be a battle to survive even when you are on anti-depressants. I suffer from it and asked to be re-referred to see my Clinical Psychologist today and there is an eleven month waiting time for an NHS appointment. I don’t know how someone who is suffering worse than I am and feels like harming themselves is supposed to wait that long. My own personal experience here in the U.K is that the seriousness of the condition is still not acknowledged and a lot more needs to be done to help. There is a lot more help available if you have the means to pay for it and that should not be the case.

If any members or guests here at Websleuths are suffering from depression and need help please visit

The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention https://afsp.org/

Or if you are in the U.K

The Samaritans Samaritans

Please know that no matter how bad things seem they do get better.

IMO, It's not a lack of awareness that keeps those contemplating suicide from asking for help, it's that huge dark crevasse that exists between knowing you are in an existential crisis and feeling capable of reaching out.

Some people will never find it possible to scream out for a lifeline.

During dark times in my life, I've been able to convince myself that I could always do it "tomorrow."

Whether it was part of some great plan, or just the benefits of waking up to a new day, it was a weird kind of self-care strategy that kept me alive.
JMO.

As someone who has had suicidal thoughts, once the thought enters your mind, it never leaves. I know when it gets bad and I know what to do when it does get bad it's just whether or not I can trust someone to ask for help.

Last edited:

From the above article, a quote from her sister:
"After numerous attempts, I finally let go," Saffo wrote. "Sometimes you simply cannot SAVE people from themselves! One of the last things she said to me was, 'Reta, I know you hate funerals and don't attend them, but for me would you PLEASE come to MINE, at least. Please!' I know she perhaps had a plan, but she insisted she did not."
-----------------------------------------

How frustratingly heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mocitydon87