Kathi Belich as a Defense Witness? Seriously?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When Judge Perry issued his order yesterday, he ignored Baez' last inane filing and went back to the basics:

5. GENERAL DISCOVERY ORDER

Once a witness becomes known to the Defendant, she shall decide within 5 working days whether the witness will be listed pursuant to F.R.C.P.3.220(d)(1)(A). In no event shall any witness be listed or deposed, by either party, outside the time limits provided in this order. In the absence of a stipulation, it will be the burden of the listing or deposing party to show good cause for any delay to this Court.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...n to Strike Def Supplemental Witness List.pdf

I'm waiting for the 2nd!

I don't think she's livid. I think she's thrilled to death. How many of y'all heard the named 'Belich' prior to this case? And those few that haven't heard of her have definitely heard of her now.

JB is in the process of making her a star. I'll betcha a Coke that after this case she is snapped up by the networks.

Blaise
bbm
Now there's a bet I will be more than happy to lose. I have nothing but good wishes for KB - Super Reporter.

I think I finally got it.

Kathi will be called by the defense to:

1. testify about the investigation into LBuchanan. What does this have to do with the murder of Caylee??

2. rebut the testimony of a witness who may or may not be called by the defense. They want to rebut their own witness??

:floorlaugh:

When calling someone a "half-wit" seems generous, you can always just call them a "Baez."

Someone posted that IN Session will stop at 2:00 p.m. (when this trial starts).

BUT, we have all been getting the raw hearing videios from the Orlando News station or at least I have, so would I be right in assuming that this trial will be videod and put up daily? Anyone, anyone, anyone?

BUT, we have all been getting the raw hearing videios from the Orlando News station or at least I have, so would I be right in assuming that this trial will be videod and put up daily? Anyone, anyone, anyone?
IDK, but the local stations can be googled - WESH, WKMG, WFTV, Fox35 Orlando. They usually stream live.

LOL the IMO the reason that defense put KB on the defense list is because they don't like her or how she reports the case. As long as she is on the witness list, she can't attend and report on the trial.

I as just thinking the same thing!

JB doesn't want to have to see her face in the courtroom and the only way to keep her out is to put her on the witness list!

I hope she takes the place of JVM some day. I'm tired of being told how those "horrible addicts" drink SHOE POLISH!

It depends on where you live as to the stop time each day. InSession is on Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Eastern.

I have been thinking about seeing if I can find a way to contact InSession to ask them about their coverage of the trial. They keep saying they will carry the trial gavel to gavel, but if they don't start until 9:00 a.m. and stop at 3:00 p.m. each day and interrupt as much as they normally do, we will certainly not get gavel to gavel coverage.

ETA: I just sent InSession an email asking if they would carry the complete court day, Saturday if court is held then... and would there be as many interruptions during court.... I will let you know what the answer is for those of you interested.

It depends on where you live as to the stop time each day. InSession is on Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Eastern.

I have been thinking about seeing if I can find a way to contact InSession to ask them about their coverage of the trial. They keep saying they will carry the trial gavel to gavel, but if they don't start until 9:00 a.m. and stop at 3:00 p.m. each day and interrupt as much as they normally do, we will certainly not get gavel to gavel coverage.

ETA: I just sent InSession an email asking if they would carry the complete court day, Saturday if court is held then... and would there be as many interruptions during court.... I will let you know what the answer is for those of you interested.
I get both TruTV and TruTV-West which both carry InSession. On TruTV it is on 6a.m.-12p.m. P.S.T., on TruTV West it is 9a.m.-3p.m.P.S.T. Vinnie Politano has announced more than once that they will be carrying Casey's trial. I tape it so that I can fast forward the commercials and sometimes the panels.

I don't think she's livid. I think she's thrilled to death. How many of y'all heard the named 'Belich' prior to this case? And those few that haven't heard of her have definitely heard of her now.

JB is in the process of making her a star. I'll betcha a Coke that after this case she is snapped up by the networks.

Blaise
Boy...I wish she posted here...now wouldn't that tick the DT off!?!!!

I think I finally got it.

Kathi will be called by the defense to:

1. testify about the investigation into LBuchanan. What does this have to do with the murder of Caylee??

2. rebut the testimony of a witness who may or may not be called by the defense. They want to rebut their own witness??

:floorlaugh:

When calling someone a "half-wit" seems generous, you can always just call them a "Baez."
Baez could have just as well called any of us about the investigation into LB...lol.
None of this makes sense except his desire to "punish" her. IMHO...he's daring her to say boo about all of this. I hope that KB won't dignify this little game with a response.

If they are going to cover the trial then I'm tempted to email and ask if them if they will let us do without all the 'expert panel' opinions they have, or at least have someone who has actually studied the case. I don't watch that station anymore because I tend to shout at the screen and my dogs get scared..:innocent:

:floorlaugh: Oh I just had the most wonderful idea! I think Tricia should send Kathy B a Websleuths T-shirt as a gesture of 'our' appreciation of all the hard work she has done on this case. Maybe Kathy would wear it if/when she is called to the witness stand. Can you imagine, can you just picture it?

:woohoo: Bring out the piggy bank :D

Novice Seeker

I get both TruTV and TruTV-West which both carry InSession. On TruTV it is on 6a.m.-12p.m. P.S.T., on TruTV West it is 9a.m.-3p.m.P.S.T. Vinnie Politano has announced more than once that they will be carrying Casey's trial. I tape it so that I can fast forward the commercials and sometimes the panels.

My only concern about that is that the trials usually continue while TruTV breaks away for commercials...

My only concern about that is that the trials usually continue while TruTV breaks away for commercials...
I wouldn't put it past them to offer huge money to be given exclusive rights. Then I won't get to see it at all :( We don't get TruTV up here anymore.

Blaise

If I were KB I would send JB a huge FTD floral "thank you boquet" complete with helium balloons, when this trial is over. I would sign it Kathi G.

I can't believe he is stupid enough to involve a reporter in this manner, or to antagonize any member of the press in the manner he did by openly bringing up KB's prior married name in public.

In a nutshell, there is no possible good or benefit that can come to his client from this. Every potential thing that is does causes harm to her, her case and her public reputation. Yes I know she is already known as the murdering "tot mom", but really stirring up the press again or establishing a deeply adversarial relationship with them does nothing beneficial. Guess what Jose, that minor difference in public perception that can come from the amount of coverage, or the amount of hostile coverage of your clients lawyers can in this case be the difference between life and death. And no it isn't "fair". But it really isn't appeal-able either. It is part and parcel with that whole "jury of your peers" and the citizenry's right to try crimes committed within their community. As a defense lawyer the absolute best thing you can ever learn to do for your client is SHUT THE HE77 UP WHEN IN PUBLIC. Deal with the press with politeness, humility and humor. Let them (both the public and the agents of the press) see both yourself and your client as human beings. Attempting to drag any journalist into a murder case directly without a rather clear and obvious reason (ie they filmed the murder) is guaranteed to get them to see you, and as a result your client in a profoundly negative light. And playing "we know your real name, we know where you live..." games with them like Tony Soprano is a pretty solid invitation for the press to remove what restraints and reservations they have and unearth your and your clients lives. The press does not have a bar association to complain to. And there is no employing agency or governing body that would care should they decide to make you, and once again by extension your client (you know that young girl sitting in jail with little outside contact and no clue what your antics are doing?) their new favorite hobby.

JB should have followed RH's advice way back when JB was soliciting advise from the adserve. RH told him to keep his trap shut from the beginning. Like his pal ICA, he CANNOT for the life of him just stay mum. I would smile at the press and politely say "no comment". If he would have done this from the start, we wouldn't see them following him constantly. After a while IMO the press would have given up. I mean we are going on how many years here? He has earned every ounce of in your face reporting that he has received IMO. I actually think he likes attention, namely negative, just a tad too much. JMO.

I'm wondering if the defense can "prove" they only knew Kathi Belich would be a witness 5 days prior to making up that list! That's one of the criteria. Even ignoring the fact she is a journalist, I doubt Baez will be able to give a date. You know how bad he is with dates, especially deadlines!

BTW, as an old CourtTV junkie and now an InSession junkie... Whenever there is a live trial on InSession, it is also live-streamed at http://live.cnn.com/ . For those who want to watch gavel-to-gave (even those in California who want to start watching at 6 AM), use their live-streaming with no commercials and no cut-off at 3 PM.

I'm sure the other stations we watch wil also cover it gavel-to-gavel, even on Saturday.

They know it will be good for business!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333
Back