Kathi Belich as a Defense Witness? Seriously?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My thoughts are:

-Is it really ok for members of the judiciary to be trying to circumvent free speech like this? This is seriously scary and yet another reason disbarment needs to happen to Baez and Mason.

-Why would the defense want to have to do battle with someone as well informed, articulate and knowledgeable about this case? I'd love to hear that depo.

-Am I really living in a country where lawyers can abuse the court system to silence a random reporter simply out of spite or to benefit their client??

-What on Earth, what on EARTH could she possibly be legitimately needed as a witness for? What is Baez thinking? He's been on national and local media ad nauseum himself, so the tainting of the jury pool has been his plan all the time. He can't accuse others of this - and Kathy is just reporting the news.

I don't see HHJP allowing these witnesses at this late date. The Defense has posted no reason at all for the additions and what could they possibly say that would justify witnesses well past the cut-off date.

This clearly shows the Defense mocking the court. Give the Defense "the look" and motion denied, please HHJP!

It might reveal the defense strategy. He's pulled that one a number of times. :great:

No mention of it on the WFTV website. Maybe they want to consult their own Attorneys before they comment?

My thoughts are:

-Is it really ok for members of the judiciary to be trying to circumvent free speech like this? This is seriously scary and yet another reason disbarment needs to happen to Baez and Mason.

-Why would the defense want to have to do battle with someone as well informed, articulate and knowledgeable about this case? I'd love to hear that depo.

-Am I really living in a country where lawyers can abuse the court system to silence a random reporter simply out of spite or to benefit their client??

-What on Earth, what on EARTH could she possibly be legitimately needed as a witness for? What is Baez thinking? He's been on national and local media ad nauseum himself, so the tainting of the jury pool has been his plan all the time. He can't accuse others of this - and Kathy is just reporting the news.

Kinda scary huh? :waitasec:

I don't know where to put this, but since we are discussing the new witness list, what about this guy?

Marvin Schecter, a lawyer from New York City.

Ideas anybody? what is this about and who is this guy who was added at the same time as KB?

They have good reason to be scared of Kathi:-
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK9bQkiIK4w[/ame]

I don't know where to put this, but since we are discussing the new witness list, what about this guy?

Marvin Schecter, a lawyer from New York City.

Ideas anybody? what is this about and who is this guy who was added at the same time as KB?

It's old...but found this article and he's included....basically about indigent defendants and hardships of their defense on lawyers....it says that Marvin Schecter was the co-chair of the NADCL Indigent Defense Committee back when this article was written.

http://www.nacdl.org/public.nsf/newsreleases/2001mn026?opendocument

ETA : Ironic he was co-chair of the Indigent Defense Committee, and his office is on Park Ave in NYC...guess HE don't do "pro bono"....maybe for a "crate of caviar"???

This is how they have choosen to spend the last 82 days before this case starts? Is this the best that 300K+ buys KC to defend herself against capital 1st degee murder charges?

KC is doomed.

It's old...but found this article and he's included....basically about indigent defendants and hardships of their defense on lawyers....it says that Marvin Schecter was the co-chair of the NADCL Indigent Defense Committee back when this article was written.

http://www.nacdl.org/public.nsf/newsreleases/2001mn026?opendocument

Soooo....maybe he is going to testify at KC's murder trial, that is all about KC murdering her daughter, how hard it is for JB to defend her because he spent all her money that she made off the murder of her daughter?

This is how they have choosen to spend the last 82 days before this case starts? Is this the best that 300K+ buys KC to defend herself against capital 1st degee murder charges?

KC is doomed.

That's putting it mildly! :woohoo:

So ... If I have this straight ... JB fought a gag order to be able to talk to the media but now he is targeting certain media to gag them?

Doesn't this go into the Irony is Rich thread?

I constantly say to myself......"what the???" whenever Jose makes a move.

this move makes me say "what the TRUCK?????"

for real?

are you kidding me????

So ... If I have this straight ... JB fought a gag order to be able to talk to the media but now he is targeting certain media to gag them?

Doesn't this go into the Irony is Rich thread?
if he puts Kathi on the stand as a defense witness any gag existing anywhere in that room is going to go right down his throat...

seriously what is Jose thinking???

I personally only want to see this once folks. I don't want to see appeal after appeal...

When will Casey see the light on her defense team??? Is this her plan... to tank on appeals?

this is INSANE!!! Every day that passes just gets MORE INSANE!

if he puts Kathi on the stand as a defense witness any gag existing anywhere in that room is going to go right down his throat...

seriously what is Jose thinking???

I personally only want to see this once folks. I don't want to see appeal after appeal...

When will Casey see the light on her defense team??? Is this her plan... to tank on appeals?

this is INSANE!!! Every day that passes just gets MORE INSANE!

How would she know? As far as we know she doesn't get on the Internet, and is able to watch very limited TV, so her information comes from --- Baez.

How would she know? As far as we know she doesn't get on the Internet, and is able to watch very limited TV, so her information comes from --- Baez.

Does Baez have internet when he makes his visits? I know this has been discussed but after reading MM's Stain in the trunk document, my brain is scrambled! :sick:

It's so funny to me how all of the defense machinations involve people who had nothing to do with KC or any of the As until long after Caylee was already missing. RK, LB, trying to discount DNA, jail letters, all of that. It's completely bizarro-land, IMO, wouldn't KC still have to answer just where exactly she last saw Caylee? Is it at all possible that they don't float the ImagiNanny story (which is so laughable and obviously false), but just.. leave that thread dangling? As if no jury in their right mind would go "Ok, well if you didn't leave her with the nanny, then where *did* you leave her?" yknow? JMO, but I think all this reeks of the defense being super squirrel-y and won't play with any jury anywhere. There are actual answers here, if KC didn't do it, then she know at least where she saw Caylee last and why she made up the Nanny story. KB doesn't. This whole thing is infuriating.

MOO.

ITA. Some rules need to be changed or something - this is just going through the looking glass now. I really think Judge Strickland made one whopper of a mistake by not reigning this waste of a case in and getting it done and over with. There is NO reason for us to still be here going into the third year.

In a perfect world we'd have maybe 5 or 6 witnesses, a short trial and get her convicted and get on with our lives. The idea of the witnesses being in the hundreds should be a red flag that some fat needs to be trimmed in terms of what these attorneys are allowed to do. This has grown into an uncontrollable Golem and it did NOT have to be this way. I'm so glad the SA isn't playing this game - though it would be interesting to have Geraldo as a witness I suppose.

ITA. Some rules need to be changed or something - this is just going through the looking glass now. I really think Judge Strickland made one whopper of a mistake by not reigning this waste of a case in and getting it done and over with. There is NO reason for us to still be here going into the third year.

In a perfect world we'd have maybe 5 or 6 witnesses, a short trial and get her convicted and get on with our lives. The idea of the witnesses being in the hundreds should be a red flag that some fat needs to be trimmed in terms of what these attorneys are allowed to do. This has grown into an uncontrollable Golem and it did NOT have to be this way. I'm so glad the SA isn't playing this game - though it would be interesting to have Geraldo as a witness I suppose.

Going into the third year for my brother & still no trial date. At least here we have a date . :( I know, I know Horace, Justice is slow but we are getting there ever so slowly.

ETA ....I enjoy reading your post and reading your way of thinking. It's Justice for this baby you are seeking and this is so apparent. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back