Kathi Belich as a Defense Witness? Seriously?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if JB will have read Fla. Stat. 90.5015 (journalist's privilege) before Wednesday?

Well, well, well. JB has a reason for not submitting the reports by Reich and Logan, if in fact, he did not file them. He was so busy writing up his supplemental witness list with K. Belich's name on it and doing all the research he needs to do so he can 'explain on Wednesday' the compelling reasons for why the judge should allow this VERY late amended witness list to be accepted.

I mean come on, you all can understand why it was more important to make sure a local reporter (who seems to really rattle the cages of the defense) is llisted on their amended witness list than to make sure the reports by Experts Reichs and Logan were filed on time.

Of course it is MUCH more important for the Defense to have Kathy Belich on the stand than Kathy Reichs and Dr. Logan. I don't understand why some people can't see the logic in this? (<--------------sarcasm)

Remember the comment Mason made to LDB's assistant..that he does not care what the deadlines are (my words his were prolly worse) Apparently he really doesnt.

I wonder if JB will have read Fla. Stat. 90.5015 (journalist's privilege) before Wednesday?

I think I love you AZ ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Priceless. Simply Priceless.

Pathetic. And completely desperate.

Ummm, defense - try defending your client, instead of bickering with people you are peeved at.

Shocked. What in the world can they be thinking? That they are going to put her on the stand and ask if she was instrumental in swaying public opinion against their client by all of her "in your face" reports?

Very good thought there! I'd bet that's what they going to use her for!!!

I saw the word "Sequestration" and my mind quickly did this:

Sequence
+
Equestrian
+
Castration
----------
a row of horses getting their naughty bits removed.

Yeah that's about right. That's what JB and company have to look forward when HHJP sees what they're trying to pull.

Well there you have it. RHornsby can write an entire blog on the subject of sequestration, include definitions, case law and exceptions about one billion times faster than Jose can belatedly file an amended list of several witnesses with the court.

One reason JB may be playing Svengali with his client and locking her up from access - or making sure the only people she sees are middle-aged females or older, er, gentlemen like Mason is that if she ever chanced to meet our RH she'd drop JB like a hot potato on looks alone - never mind his legal acumen which could outstrip JB even if he were deaf, dumb and blind it would appear. Which is unfortunate, because RH would have likely been able to profit from the high profile nature of this case without jeopardizing his client's best interests, or perhaps at least be able to talk her into the sanity of a plea.

So she is stuck with a fumbling excuse of an attorney that is not eye candy, but I guess we in the "world wide web", to quote the perceptive defense, get the entertainment value of the legal equivalent of Meatballs. Said entertainment value of which has been rapidly wearing off...

Still, RH, you may have gotten the nicer end of the deal. Being a part of that defense team seems to leave detritus in its wake never seen since the King Tut Curse. Even the indirect collateral damage is shocking.

I know I am giving JB much more credit than he deserves :), but it is just possible that he stuck Kathy Belich's name on the amended witness list to draw attention AWAY from the other people on the list? Can the judge approve some of the names and not others or is it all or nothing when it comes to ruling on this?

I just love how he wants to add additional witnesses, but give good reason for it later. Kind of like Wimpy, I'll pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today. Why not ask for additional witnesses and attached the good reasons to it? It just makes Baez look incredibly lazy. And, I bet he wanted a good buzz going on Kathy Belich before giving his reason. Maybe he's going to attempt to make a point about the media that way, by making an example of Kathy B? Baez, I hate to break it to you, but she is SO not scared of you one bit. Seriously, she's having a good laugh over this right now!

BBM

If that's what Baez was going for, it didn't work. Kathi Belich did her 5:00 report and said not word one about the defense trying to put her on their witness list. The anchors, however, did mention it afterward.

Never let them see you sweat, Kathi!!!!

I hope Kathi and WFTV can get some "tit-for-tat" out of this. I want Kathi to file assault charges against Mason for his attempt to injure her after his hissy fit at the last hearing. I'm sure there are plenty of witnesses, if not tape. I then want WFTV to file Bar complaints against Baez and Mason for this attempt to quell the freedom of the press, if that's not against ethics for journalists to do.

I'm so done with this amateur crud. I want HHJP to just nip it in the bud by denying their motion for supplemental witnesses flat out. For the love of all things holy - it's SIX MONTHS late!! It's obvious that the SAO is so over and done with them sliding by based on the motions they have been filing. I want HHJP to put his foot down once and for all. She's going to appeal no matter what. As long as everything is documented and appropriate, nothing will be overturned. My fear is that by giving the defense ANY leeway on some of these motions and deadlines, HHJP has, in essence, undermined himself by giving an expectation that it's OK in some instances to not be in complience.

Our HOA trustees drew a similar parallel in our subdivision. They explained why they had to treat everyone the same across the board (the issue was about front yard lawn decorations). They said our attorney told them that if they allowed one homeowner leeway, they would not have a leg to stand on in court if another homeowner who was denied decided to contest it.

It's so funny to me how all of the defense machinations involve people who had nothing to do with KC or any of the As until long after Caylee was already missing. RK, LB, trying to discount DNA, jail letters, all of that. It's completely bizarro-land, IMO, wouldn't KC still have to answer just where exactly she last saw Caylee? Is it at all possible that they don't float the ImagiNanny story (which is so laughable and obviously false), but just.. leave that thread dangling? As if no jury in their right mind would go "Ok, well if you didn't leave her with the nanny, then where *did* you leave her?" yknow? JMO, but I think all this reeks of the defense being super squirrel-y and won't play with any jury anywhere. There are actual answers here, if KC didn't do it, then she know at least where she saw Caylee last and why she made up the Nanny story. KB doesn't. This whole thing is infuriating.

MOO.

BBM

If that's what Baez was going for, it didn't work. Kathi Belich did her 5:00 report and said not word one about the defense trying to put her on their witness list. The anchors, however, did mention it afterward.

Never let them see you sweat, Kathi!!!!

Naah, Kathi's too cool and smart to sweat over this, however I'll bet she wet herself a little from laughing so hard once this was filed! :floorlaugh:

I'd say this is a pretty good guess, that they are going to try and say she was an "agent of the state".

If that is what it is about, and they are going at it by putting her name on the defense witness list... that is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Are they now switching to the "everyone is picking on me" defense?

They've always done that. Remember how mean those Police Officers were to Casey. :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back