KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know the back story on that too- the first version I saw he identified juror 18 as foreperson but that also got edited to just signed by juror 18. Why all the editing down? Fishy.

I don't know about that part - What got my attention was the DB interview...

Well, why did he feel the need to make retractions from his article on azcentral and evidently from his twitter account if he is on the up and up? I lost my little Schnauzer, but you know what Schnauzers are good at? Finding those little rats.....

Auburn, I hear ya. This is just unfathomable, can you help me understand. Honestly, I need clarity so very bad. I am in a daze, nothing makes sense in all of this :blushing:. This is such a political statement but it is not about politics; the kool-aide has been chugged imo.

Lady Edith for Preident of this thread!!!

I agree. So any have invested so much for Travis and his family. Bless you KCL and all other advocates for the Alexander family.

I for one am affected by this trial forever.

Love to all.

Just a heads up, I cannot use the "thanks" button so please know that I have many thanks in my heart.

Great news about Beth !!! Beth does not "click" with Casarez or Velez or anyone else there IMO. Woo-Hoo - So happy for Beth! She will find the right place...

So happy for her too. She is one classy lady. On another note .. is there a current address to send donations to the Alexanders? I imagine they have returned to CA, but just wondering where to send it. Thanks for any info anyone!

I don't know about that part - What got my attention was the DB interview...

The timing if that, that it was posted immediately on kiefers az central site, had his voice in the background yet not his name attached to the piece (it credited Chris Williams) combined with DBs unexplained withdrawal from testifying that very day just a few short hrs before -and Nurmis protests how he just knew jurors had to be watching media....and that's just part of the story! All colliding .

Thank you. We've had so many beautiful and amazing moments and spiritual experiences throughout this trial, I don't want to lose it because everything isn't playing out according to our plans. We do have enough to be satisfied (for now, murder 1). The Alexanders are a blessed family--this trial has brought special, wonderful people to them. It is all going the right direction, just not the direction we thought it would. We're not forgotten or abandoned---times like these were made for faith, not gnashing of teeth!

I'm disappointed beyond belief that the trial didn't play out according to our plans, BUT this is when I have to remind myself that a much higher power may have plans which supersede ours. I have to have faith that HE knows best, even if I can't see the reason right now.

LadyEdith, you are so right that we have had many amazing moments during this trial, and we've had a wonderful home to share our thoughts and feelings.

:seeya:

I am not going to post my opinion of this particular juror. But I will say that he seems to have been operating under some misconceptions. Such as that the public would know less about the case than the jury did. That just doesn't even make sense! Why did he think the jurors were not allowed to read about the televised trial?

Respectfully snipped.

One last thought to share on this topic... a major item of concern to me was his comment about wanting to meet Arias and ask her what really happened.

She told the police 3 different stories over the course of 5 years (all lies), wrote an 18 page letter full of lies to the FAMILY about what happened that day, sent his grandmother flowers, went to the memorial and thanked people for coming, lied on the stand... what in the world would make him think that she would ever tell HIM what really happened. That to me is just a huge red flag in critical thinking. I don't know why he would even say that to an interviewer, I have to assume he was sincere. Scratching my head.

But in honor of KCL, I am going to take a step back, say a prayer of thanks to these 18 people... yes all of them... for their time, dedication and M1 verdict. I wish them peace and clarity in the months ahead. And continue to hold positive thoughts for the Alexanders, as always.

Auburn, I hear ya. This is just unfathomable, can you help me understand. Honestly, I need clarity so very bad. I am in a daze, nothing makes sense in all of this :blushing:. This is such a political statement but it is not about politics; the kool-aide has been chugged imo.

I hope I didn't make a political statement - I try my best to keep that separate from what I see in this case. Yes, I think the Jury Foreman feels sorry for CMA (convicted murderer arias) by the statements he has made. And here he was as JF, drank that kool-aid about CMA being a victim of abuse. Is that what you were asking?

I love Texas - lived there for 6 years - Husband lived there for 23 years.....

I'd be interested to hear how he was selected. I didn't see it but other trial watchers saw him sleeping in the jury box or at least appearing to. He never took a note that I saw. But it was their decision- curious.

Juries are all very different. Each one takes on a unique dynamic. It is really very interesting to experience. I've personally sat on 3 juries (once a high profile local case where we were sequestered for 2+ weeks) and also, in my career as a paralegal, I have spoken to jurors many, many times. It is one of my favorite things to do. lol Per all jury instructions, the very first thing they do is elect a foreperson. Sometimes they go in and everyone is kinda respectful and there will be one person who has stood out as a leader...another vocal juror will nominate that person. More often than not, that person is promptly elected foreperson.

Other times, you will have a juror who is just aching to be the foreperson, whether they are the best candidate or not. What often happens in that case, is the other jurors hoping to start things off on the right foot as a united group in good faith, will just say, "okay, if you want it, you can have it". I have yet to see this guy's interview so I am only guessing by what I have read (including the transcripts) but my bet is he was one of these types.

I'd be interested to hear how he was selected. I didn't see it but other trial watchers saw him sleeping in the jury box or at least appearing to. He never took a note that I saw. But it was their decision- curious.

BBM - Well, he certainly wasn't paying much attention to Jodi's pre-murder life. Nor did he pay attention to how Travis lived his life.
This is clipped from an AP article.

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

BBM - Well, he certainly wasn't paying much attention to Jodi's pre-murder life.

This is clipped from an AP article.

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

Too eerily similar to what DB said about her in his interview with Kiefer's azcentral interview IMO.

Why does juror 18 sound just like JW, DB and the reporter? This is very strange in light of the abrupt non-verdict right after all this went down. IMO

Sadly IMO based on his comments to the media juror 18 connected with AVL and her storyline. I just think he believed a lot of AVL's testimony. Bad Travis and poor JA.

I have a question, another board has people who have been making death threats towards the jurors, I know people have reported it to the moderator(s) whats the next step? I mean I know people are frustrated with the jury but death threats? really?

And friends, this is exactly why mods are screeching the brakes around here. We permit emotional venting for a short while, but it can very quickly become a feeding frenzy that sprials totally out of control.

I'm disappointed beyond belief that the trial didn't play out according to our plans, BUT this is when I have to remind myself that a much higher power may have plans which supersede ours. I have to have faith that HE knows best, even if I can't see the reason right now.

LadyEdith, you are so right that we have had many amazing moments during this trial, and we've had a wonderful home to share our thoughts and feelings.

:seeya:

I agree.

I think it is really interesting that everything pretty much came to a halt just as ja was getting more and more direct media exposure. It all literally shut down. Just for a diversion we can ask ourselves "why does it make good sense that this came out this way?" Well, I can think of a lot of reasons. Ja needs to shut up and go away and go back to obscurity in jail. Perhaps there was a real NEED for a new jury for the next part. Perhaps the Alexanders need to return to their lives to refresh and recharge. Perhaps they will need that strength if the ultimate verdict is not exactly what they wanted. The tension and pressure was extraordinarily high for everyone involved (how 'bout poor KCL???), and even a verdict of death wouldn't have brought Travis back. An unholy amount of energy was being focused on this worthless woman. It needs to continue til completion, but now the pace and energy will be different, and that could end up being very good.

I hope I didn't make a political statement - I try my best to keep that separate from what I see in this case. Yes, I think the Jury Foreman feels sorry for CMA (convicted murderer arias) by the statements he has made. And here he was as JF, drank that kool-aid about CMA being a victim of abuse. Is that what you were asking?

I love Texas - lived there for 6 years - Husband lived there for 23 years.....

Yes that is what I was asking; I will refrain from commentary at this time on the JF, as well as the pathetic state of journalism in this country. Not at all AS, you were in no way political in your post, I was referring to my use of chugging the "kool-aide".

I really have a hard time understanding any juror having "feelings" for a defendant, I'm proud to say that I find that reprehensible in light of seeking justice and truth. Trust me there are many sad, heart wrenching, "woe is me" stories that can be spun to save someone but at the end of the day there is accountability and personal responsibility when you are a part of society.

And as KCL can attest, I despise people who, under the guise of journalism, use their position and exposure to spew their agenda and further their causes bringing about the death of truth finding and constitutional "free press" origins.

Texas is my adopted home and I am so very glad they accept me, my BF and husbands (deceased) home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper