GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Story updated with defense arguments, including #PatrickFrazee's attorney calling his client an idiot. Basic argument? Not enough physical evidence. #KelseyBerreth
1:17 PM - 18 Nov 2019

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Closing arguments begin in Teller County District Court
[...]

The attorney also said testimony that Frazee once told a friend that he figured out a way to kill Berreth and that there’s no crime if there’s no body are examples of Frazee “acting a fool” and not proof of intent. Steigerwald also said the jury should not give too much weight to testimony Friday that Frazee asked a jailmate to kill investigators and witnesses in the case. The notes, which Steigerwald did not deny came from Frazee, are evidence of Frazee cracking under the stress of a potential life sentence, not proof that Frazee is a killer.

“It’s proof of him being an idiot,” Steigerwald said.

[...]

In a brief statement after the defense’s closing arguments, Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May asked the jury to “to please stop this defendant from from getting away with murder.”

“He took a bat into Kelsey’s apartment, and he beat her and he beat her and he beat her,” May said. “And at some point during that Kelsey said, ‘Please stop.’ And he beat her, and he beat her.”

BBM (As if we needed any further proof!) o_O:p

Last edited:
TODAY, MONDAY NOVEMBER 18TH 2019 IS AMNESTY DAY ON THE KELSEY BERRETH THREAD!

Hi Everyone,

If you are still under a time-out because of a violation that occurred on this thread please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and let me know. I will look into your situation and unless you did something that was really awful your time-out will be lifted.

We are giving you a do-over but with the do-over comes a speech from me about the rules.

Just because someone posts something you disagree with does not mean you can be rude or snarky to that person. If a person is posting something that violates TOS please do not hesitate to alert.

Remember just because it is your theory or your opinion that doesn't mean you can post any wild accusation you want.

Please remember NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. No matter how much someone annoys you or makes you lose your mind you cannot insult them or in general be a jerk to that person. If the person is violating TOS then all you have to do is alert and scroll. It is very simple. If you choose to insult a fellow poster you will be timed out or banned depending on the situation.

If you see posts have been removed and you feel that they shouldn't have been please remember, there are all kinds of things going on behind the scenes that you do not know about. Plus, if a post that violates TOS is quoted then we have to remove the whole post not just the quoted part.

Please understand our wonderful hardworking mods do everything they can before someone is banned. We do not like timing-out or banning people so please heed their warnings when they come in and post about TOS violations.

While I know many think Websleuths rules are complicated they really aren't. Stick to the facts, don't be a jerk, alert on a post that violates TOS and scroll on by. That's it. Easy Peasy.

Thank you for participating.

Take Care,
Tricia
P.S. It is past 3 am and I have been up for a looooooog time. Please forgive any mistakes on my part. I am flat out loopy and should not be operating heavy machinery.

If he did have a bat with him and it wasn't already in the home, it was in the tote to begin with. I always wondered if it was just already at her home by a door. But he could have put it in the tote. That would be the smartest thing to do
Maybe he wrapped it in the sweater and then put it in the tote.

It makes me nervous too. However, they may just need to go over everything the defense said and see what it looks like.

Aren’t the stills from the chest up? Like it doesn’t show his hands or below his chest area?

This jury is made up of mostly country people, right? If so I think they’re likely even more deliberate and less likely to rush a serious decision or come to one fast.

I’m good with that.
Probably. When I was on Grand Jury we all over analyzed everything, and we weren't even supposed to. We were just supposed to indict or not indict.
Maybe this jury got bogged down with all the hundreds of evidence and just want to review D Day (destruction day) facts.
:(

Last edited:
So, any thoughts guys as to anything the jury would possibly find questionable, as to PF’s guilt?

Does everyone here agree it’s a no brainer? Will the jury agree quickly?

With all the charges, will this make it longer to deliberate because they have to go through all of those?

Just rambling. It’s 1:15 in CO now. I feel like they’ll be back soon, based on other cases I’ve seen where the jury takes less than 4 hours. Curious as to @gitana1 ‘s thoughts on this.

ETA: gitana answered above
I feel like it's a slam dunk, but you never know.

We must remember that there may be all kinds
of different people on the jury. Smart ones,
average ones, and DUMB ones. We don't know.
They don't ask your IQ during prospective juror
questioning. And that scares me after having sat on a jury and was flummoxed by the simpletons deciding the fate in a pretty serious
crime.

My hope is that they are taking their jury instructions very seriously and going through pieces of evidence, even for the sake of saying, yes we looked at that, talked about that, debated that.

Also, I know of cases where the jury has said they spent time looking at the other side and seeing if they could make a case for it, just to voice it out loud and look at all sides.

Let's hope they are just doing their due diligence.

Yes, ma'am. Don't step away, Magz, you know what'll happen! :p MOO

I’ll take a nap, lol? This is true. Fading fast...can’t wait to wake up and see @mustloveco ‘s photos and to “like” the guilty verdict. Can I request that you post it in big letters?

ETA:
Like remember when I was transcribing the Watts hearings, and when the Judge said “Now Bailiff, I ask that you excort Mr. Watts to the federal penitentiary for the rest of his natural life?” Oh that was so golden. I kept rewinding it.

Sadly, nothing will ever bring Kelsey back. But another BEAST will be behind bars.

Last edited:
Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Story updated with defense arguments, including #PatrickFrazee's attorney calling his client an idiot. Basic argument? Not enough physical evidence. #KelseyBerreth
1:17 PM - 18 Nov 2019

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Closing arguments begin in Teller County District Court
[...]

The attorney also said testimony that Frazee once told a friend that he figured out a way to kill Berreth and that there’s no crime if there’s no body are examples of Frazee “acting a fool” and not proof of intent. Steigerwald also said the jury should not give too much weight to testimony Friday that Frazee asked a jailmate to kill investigators and witnesses in the case. The notes, which Steigerwald did not deny came from Frazee, are evidence of Frazee cracking under the stress of a potential life sentence, not proof that Frazee is a killer.

“It’s proof of him being an idiot,” Steigerwald said.

[...]

(As if we needed any further proof!) o_O:p[/QUOTE

Dont you just love defense attorney spin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966