GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison Sylte on Twitter
The jurors just asked to see the photo of #PatrickFrazee entering #KelseyBerreth’s condo on Nov. 22, 2018. Prosecutors said he was hiding a baseball bat in a sweatshirt, the defense says he didn’t have anything in his hand.
1:04 PM - 18 Nov 2019

Clayton Sandell on Twitter
The jurors just asked to see the photo of #PatrickFrazee entering #KelseyBerreth’s condo on Nov. 22, 2018. Prosecutors said he was hiding a baseball bat in a sweatshirt, the defense says he didn’t have anything in his hand.
If he did have a bat with him and it wasn't already in the home, it was in the tote to begin with. I always wondered if it was just already at her home by a door. But he could have put it in the tote. That would be the smartest thing to do

Apologies if this has been asked before, but do we need all of the jurors to vote guilty in CO?
Jury Trials in Colorado Criminal Court Cases
yes, I believe so

ETA snipped
The judge gives the jury instructions on the specific criminal charges, elements of the offense, and explains the standard they are to use to evaluate the case. The jury confers in order to come up with a verdict of guilty or not guilty. In Colorado, in order to convict the defendant, the jury must come to a unanimous decision with all jurors in agreement.7

So, any thoughts guys as to anything the jury would possibly find questionable, as to PF’s guilt?

Does everyone here agree it’s a no brainer? Will the jury agree quickly?

With all the charges, will this make it longer to deliberate because they have to go through all of those?

Just rambling. It’s 1:15 in CO now. I feel like they’ll be back soon, based on other cases I’ve seen where the jury takes less than 4 hours. Curious as to @gitana1 ‘s thoughts on this.

ETA: gitana answered above
It's a no-brainer for us because we've studied the evidence for almost a year, and it is a vast amount of evidence. It wouldn't surprise me if it takes longer than 4 hours but I hope not! MOO

If he did have a bat with him and it wasn't already in the home, it was in the tote to begin with. I always wondered if it was just already at her home by a door. But he could have put it in the tote. That would be the smartest thing to do

I feel like I recall them saying the bat was brought into her townhouse in the tote...I could definitely be wrong

That question makes me a little nervous. I really hope the prosecution hammered home they just had random still images of PF going in and out - that they are not definitive because they don't show the whole time.

This really is worrying.:(:(:(
If the Jury, don't see evidence of a bat, with PF, there may be doubts.
Heavens, what about EVERYTHING else.

Perhaps, I should just go out, walk my dog, and see what transpires here, later on.
Maybe, not as 'Clear to the Jury', as many thought.
MOO.

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Clayton Sandell on Twitter
Ugh I hope there is not a single person holding things up - this should not even matter as MG stated. But it could be much worse...I still think they will take some time given the number of charges and gravity of the case (and missing body/murder weapon).

On second thought I prefer to believe this was to convince a lone juror that it was first degree and not a lesser charge perhaps...

I would agree with the defense that Thanksgiving is the worst day to plan a murder (as if there were a more appropriate day...) if it were not for the fact that I think it is even dumber to be on trial for murder and PUT IN WRITING that you want ALL the witnesses murdered.

Clearly, PF does not view the world the same as everyone else....
Even just the little pieces we have heard show the public defenders are filing all the appropriate motions, argued to have the felony murder/robbery charge dropped, argued for lesser charges, etc. It seems like they are making all the appropriate arguments. The judge listens -- then makes his ruling, not in their favor. But it doesn't mean they didn't try. I fully agree with you - I don't think the public defenders are incompetent -- just that their idiot client has given them almost nothing to work with.

It would be too stupid to kill her on Thanksgiving and not the night before in the middle of nowhere.... but we agree, our client is stupid.

Also, who knows maybe that was his plan to kill her the night before if not for his stomach issues...
I have always thought that he planned to kill her the night before, but for whatever reason he couldn't do it.
Maybe she was packing heat that night?
He wanted her unarmed before he struck.
Moo
Maybe he couldn't stomach it...
Then after actually doing it, he heads home for a late supper...
No tummy troubles after the blood bath.

I'm confident that was his last time to have a meal at home for Thanksgiving!!!
Every Thanksgiving Day his jail meal will remind him how much everyone messed up his case! :rolleyes:

Some people have a very hard time making
conclusive decisions and must take their time
and ask all kinds of questions even if you spoon fed them the information.
I don't like that question though, this tells me
that this person can't see the forest for the trees. And they're studying one tree.

It makes me nervous too. However, they may just need to go over everything the defense said and see what it looks like.

Aren’t the stills from the chest up? Like it doesn’t show his hands or below his chest area?

This jury is made up of mostly country people, right? If so I think they’re likely even more deliberate and less likely to rush a serious decision or come to one fast.

I’m good with that.

That question makes me a little nervous. I really hope the prosecution hammered home they just had random still images of PF going in and out - that they are not definitive because they don't show the whole time.
Still, why was he there 11 times that day when he said they "exchanged custody" in the alley and that was the only time he was there that day? One pic shows him a liar. I'm glad they are going over the evidence. We've had a year to obsess over every little detail. They need a little while to go over this. I hope they can see what we see. edited for spelling

Last edited:
I am not worried by the question. As I shared before, I was jury coordinator on three murder trials with sequestered juries. A jury that asks questions is a good jury. They take their job seriously. We are getting reporter's tweets. They are there. This is their first chance to discuss the case. One juror may have heard something differently than another. They are not rushing to get out but being thoughtful. I trust that they will come to a solid conclusion based on the evidence.

It makes me nervous too. However, they may just need to go over everything the defense said and see what it looks like.

Aren’t the stills from the chest up? Like it doesn’t show his hands or below his chest area?

This jury is made up of mostly country people, right? If so I think they’re likely even more deliberate and less likely to rush a serious decision or come to one fast.

I’m good with that.

BBM Excellent point. I hadn't though of it that way. You're probably right!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

And here’s what the jury was likely instructed as to the meaning of reasonable doubt:

“The burden of proof is upon the prosecution to prove to the satisfaction of the jury beyond a reasonable doubt the existence of all of the elements necessary to constitute the crime charged.

Reasonable doubt means a doubt based upon reason and common sense which arises from a fair and rational consideration of all of the evidence, or the lack of evidence, in the case. It is a doubt which is not a vague, speculative or imaginary doubt, but such a doubt as would cause reasonable people to hesitate to act in matters of importance to themselves.

If you find from the evidence that each and every element of a crime has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, you should find the Defendant guilty of that crime. If you find from the evidence that the prosecution has failed to prove any one or more of the elements of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt, you should find the Defendant not guilty of that crime.”

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/02nd_Judicial_District/Denver_District_Court/example criminal instructions new pattern(1).doc

I am not worried by the question. As I shared before, I was jury coordinator on three murder trials with sequestered juries. A jury that asks questions is a good jury. They take their job seriously. We are getting reporter's tweets. They are there. This is their first chance to discuss the case. One juror may have heard something differently than another. They are not rushing to get out but being thoughtful. I trust that they will come to a solid conclusion based on the evidence.

Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members