Kiomarie and other issues

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another aspect of this is that KMTC's own Stepmother was disapproving of her giving an interview to the National Enquirer. So, unlike what has been stated her by others, there are some people who disapprove of her actions.

I honestly don't know what to make of her as a witness, but I do think that she's going to have one tough go of it, if and when she takes the stand at Casey's trial.

Doesn't seem likely that she will be called. Like TP is unlikely to be called.

No evidence that she has any direct knowledge of the crime.

I'm sure some people disapprove of her Enquirer interview. But, that doesn't seem material to the case, to me.

Question, of all the people who were interviewed by, or voluntarily gave info to LE, why does only Kio seem to be at issue? Others were inconsistent in their testimony.

And, at least two others of KC's friends spoke with the Enquirer.

I agree with you Princess, I don't think she'll be particularly effective on the stand. But there are many others that will be. Her testimony is but a drop in the bucket.

And then we have Casey's own actions and words, that is what will be most effective. IMO

Yep! KC is the best witness the prosecution has. Even if she never takes the stand.

After KC, come the As.

Thanks you Princess! There goes my memory again... :crazy:

I will go even further and say that i have trouble remembering conversations from a week ago! :)

Not as bad as 2 weeks, but you get my point.

Got you beat! I'm not sure with whom I spoke on the phone three days ago.

It's even worse if a lot of telephoning is part of one's job. Because one speaks with a lot of people.

I know I have to be careful not to get pharmacies and doctors mixed up, in my job. Also patients, if they have the same name.

Isn't that the case with Kio? Didn't she say she initially thought said KC was one of her clients?

The conversation took place on July 9, 2008. KMTC reported it to LE on July 19, 2008.

BTW, I double-checked KC's phone records and there seems to be nothing to or from Kio or Kio's fiance's phone during the relevant time period.

I wonder if Kio was just excitedly chatting with the Baileys about the case and blurted out, "Oh yeah she asked me for some money," etc., without really thinking about it, then realized right away that it was the wrong Casey who asked her for money but was too embarrassed to correct herself for making such a stupid mistake? Then foolishly gave LE the same story at first just because she thought she had committed herself to it?

KMTC chose to involve herself in this case. LE didn't contact her. She contacted LE. She chose to place herself in a position where she could only expect to be scrutinized.

That's quite true, she did come forward to talk to LE very early on. But I am sure that LE would have eventually found their way to her, as they have done with many of KC's friends, neighbors and acquaintances. KC and her family were wracking their brains from the get go as to whom they might name that could be considered a suspect besides their daughter. Just the fact that Kio had shown any interest at all in Caylee would have been a reason for them to send LE her way at some point.

BTW, I double-checked KC's phone records and there seems to be nothing to or from Kio or Kio's fiance's phone during the relevant time period.

I wonder if Kio was just excitedly chatting with the Baileys about the case and blurted out, "Oh yeah she asked me for some money," etc., without really thinking about it, then realized right away that it was the wrong Casey who asked her for money but was too embarrassed to correct herself for making such a stupid mistake? Then foolishly gave LE the same story at first just because she thought she had committed herself to it?

There's a thought!

She might've realized it was the wrong KC, but felt that the school hangout info could be valuable to LE. So, she reported it, anyway.

In any case, the info she gave to LE was either useful, or it wasn't. If it wasn't.. they got a LOT of useless info from a LOT of people. If it was of value, then she did the right thing by giving LE valuable info.

In a sworn statement?????

In a sworn statement?????

Maybe.

As CA says, "Lying isn't illegal."

Of course, it IS, when talking to the law. But, that never stopped CA. Or, KC.

LE would prolly consider whether the lie was material, or not (IF there was one).

WHEN Kio spoke with KC last is less likely to be important than whether the reported school site was of any value to the case.

If it wasn't. no biggie. If it was, LE would likely be grateful for the info.

No matter how one cuts the cake, KC is still the criminal. Kio was still trying to help find the baby. .

I spent some time thinking about what it is that really bothers me about KMTC's LE interview. And I think I finally figured it out.

I want to state up front, I DO NOT think that KMTC is guilty of anything or had anything whatsoever to do with Caylee's disappearance and death.

There are clearly inconsistencies in KMTC's statement that I hope LE checked out completely. But what really bothers me is that this statement was made all of 4 days after Caylee was first reported missing. KMTC tells LE that she and Casey were "best friends" in high school and then says that when she heard that Casey borrowed a shovel, the first thing KMTC thought of was that Caylee was dead and buried somewhere in the woods where they used to hang out. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the idea that a "best friend", would immediately jump to that conclusion. If I were in KMTC's position and my "best friend" from high school was in Casey's situation, 4 days into the investigation, I would initially want to believe that her child was kidnapped. I would not jump to the conclusion that she was a murderess because she borrowed a shovel and be calling LE and telling them all this stuff about my best friend being a liar, that she never wanted her child, and so on - at least, not a mere four days into the case. Initially, I'd want to help my friend and see if I could get any information from her.

Looking at the statement KMTC made, I think that something really bad must have happened between KMTC and Casey in the past and that the overall tone of the statement reflects bad blood between the two women. The thing is, LE did not seek out KMTC, she sought them out. KMTC had no real reason to get involved in this mess, but she chose to involve herself. I'm trying to understand what motivated her to do that.

I agree that the tone and subtext of Kio's statements to LE (i.e. Casey's mom hates Latinos, I wasn't allowed in Casey's house, Casey dates too many guys and shouldn't date anyone because she has a kid for god's sake, Casey wouldn't let me adopt Caylee, Casey was sometimes too busy to get together with me even in middle high so I would go to the school yard alone to hang out, Casey gets mean when she drinks, Casey is bipolar, etc, etc) not to mention the major change in her statement about speaking to Casey and hearing Caylee on July 9, is very interesting. Also her inclusion of lots of unnecessary details on the strangest topics not related to Caylee (I went down to visit B because my father had just gotten in from California and was in the shower, B has a carpet cleaning business and is the sweetest man in the world, more like a father to me than my father, and I would go to him if I ever did anything really stupid and needed help, the details about Casey W, down to the year when Casey W's father died, etc), and overall, her ultra breezy manner as if she were discussing the weather. Odd.

Claiming to be a friend of Casey who just told her in April if she ever needed anything she could always count on her, saying that she believes very strongly that if stressed, Casey could have given Caylee up for adoption or given her to someone else----yet jumping to the thought, if Casey ever needed to dump a body, she would dump it here near the school! (And that does turn out to be the dump site.)

And also saying she was someone who was so interested in adopting Caylee but during the interview, there's no real indication of her being worried about Caylee. She didn't seem to have any questions for the detective or seem as serious as, you know, like AD for example, wanting to find out who had Caylee. Kio's statement has a very different, breezy, casual, tone. The way she says goodbye to the detective, with "Bye hon!".... as if it had been the most casual chat about some routine thing. Also the way Kio doesn't seem to know how unusual it sounds that she wanted to adopt Caylee when she, too, was only 19 like Casey. Maybe a 19 year old would think such a thing, but by this age wouldn't they laugh about it a bit, realizing they had been too young. Then again, I guess she was not yet 22 at the time of the interview, so it really wasn't that long before. I guess fairly recent history, really....

Many unanswered questions about her statements and the change in her statements. I wonder what will come out.

Of course I'm not accusing KMTC of any wrongdoing. (Funny we keep having to put all these disclaimers, but it's true, I don't know the reason for her change in statement yet, I assume it's something completely innocent.) And of course she might have been more worried than she seemed.

I agree that the tone and subtext of Kio's statements to LE, not to mention the major change in her statement about speaking to Casey and hearing Caylee on July 9, is very interesting. Also her inclusion of lots of unnecessary details on the strangest topics not related to Caylee, and overall, her ultra breezy manner as if she were discussing the weather. Odd.

Claiming to be a friend of Casey who just told her in April if she ever needed anything she could always count on her, saying that she believes very strongly that if stressed, Casey could have given Caylee up for adoption or given her to someone else----yet in the same breath saying, if Casey ever needed to dump a body, she would dump it here near the school! (And it turns out to be true.)

And also saying she was someone who was so interested in adopting Caylee but during the interview, there's no real indication of her being worried about Caylee. She didn't seem worried or concerned, didn't seem to have any questions for the detective, you know, like AD or JG or Casey's other friends. (Not counting the most recent "friends" the TL crowd, whom Casey had known for such a short time, but everyone else was very worried for Caylee, said they couldn't believe Casey would ever harm Caylee, etc. Kio's statement has a very different, breezy, casual, detached tone.)

Many unanswered questions about her statements and the change in her statements. I wonder what will come out.

Of course I'm not accusing KMTC of any wrongdoing. (Funny we keep having to put all these disclaimers, but it's true, I don't know the reason for her change in statement yet, assume it's something completely innocent.)

I'm guessing you are dead right, in your last sentence.

AEB:

1) KC has never accused Kio, and has no reason to keep silent.
2) There is no evidence whatsoever against Kio, or anyone else but KC, and
3) Neither county nor federal LE appear to have Kio on the radar, and they have seen ALL the evidence.

And, as we discussed, it's likely that Kio won't even be called to testify.

Thanks Chiquita! Been a long time since I've read this, forgot about some parts.

Like this one about Cindy: "if there, they was a vote taken on the street she would be the ***** from hell on the street,"

And CASEY had to be crappin' bricks when she read this part - which I'm sure she did: "And her mother, Keo's mother told, has been tellin' Keo for the last week that, the babys buried around Hidden Oaks elementary school. And they, they..."

Actually, Cindy, George and Casey all were probably STEAMING after reading this interview! :) heh

Never saw this interview before - WOW! I liked these lines too:

BD: (interrupting) The string of boyfriends that come by here could be lined up from Toledo Ohio and back...
JD: (interrupting) Uh-huh (affirmative)
BD: ...She had 'em, let me tall ya.

I don't see a thread for this in the WS interview reference, so please tell me if I need to move this to an existing Dickens thread, mods :)

Since the Dickens were brought up on this thread, I listened to their interview with LE and realized I have not heard this before....Has anything been discussed here regarding Mr. Dickens' comments about CA? He says that KC told Kio that CA was in the "psych ward" for a week, and Mr. Dickens then says CA had a boyfriend before GA came back into the picture after their seperation.
I can find a rumor or parking lot thread for this if necessary, but I wonder if there may have been a boyfriend in the picture for CA that could have been involved with KC as well....Or, I certainly wonder about CA being institutionalized. Has there been any legitimizing items that have been addressed here regarding these two things?

I know all of the above. But we're talking about the believability of someone named Kio. We're not talking about all of the evidence that leads up to KC's probable guilt. There are so many strange testimonies surrounding KC that it does smack of something - what, I do not know.

We need to be able to discuss all angles - not just the ones that automatically send KC up without a trial. The last time I checked I was still in America where you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I get scared when I sense I'm on a cite that reads the verdict way before a case ever goes to trial - is that what this is supposed to be?
Hi Woe! See the thing is, this isn't a court of law. You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law...but that is in the eyes of the law. Most of us here are not the law and this sure ain't court but we can make some valid assumptions based on some fairly good solid evidence before us and come to a conclusion long before this ever reaches a jury...That is another great thing about being in America, the freedom of the press, freedom of speech...we have freedome to ponder and to weigh and consider and make judgements even though we are not the court, and our decisions/judgements are not binding in a court of law, however, we all have the right to them just as surely as we have the right to decide what to fix for dinner or not to fix dinner at all.

I knew Joseph Duncan was guilty as sin before his crime came up on trial...and when it did? He horrified the jurors by detailing each moment of the video of him torturing poor Dylan. I knew he was guilty and did not need any court to tell me so...later on the court DID tell me so...but I still knew it before it ever got there. Same here. I know in my heart of hearts that Casey did in her own daughter...and I hope she is afforded the very same penalty as Jet was awarded-death becomes them I think, and it certainly is warranted. Who duct tapes their babies face? Someone who does not need to be in society by my estimations...and that is exactly what that $#%^& did to her daughter. Her lies tell the truth. Her lies say she did it. Her lies scream out I killed my daughter...

I'm guessing you are dead right, in your last sentence.

AEB:

1) KC has never accused Kio, and has no reason to keep silent.
2) There is no evidence whatsoever against Kio, or anyone else but KC, and
3) Neither county nor federal LE appear to have Kio on the radar, and they have seen ALL the evidence.

And, as we discussed, it's likely that Kio won't even be called to testify.
I would think in selling her story she kind of impeached herself as a witness...:waitasec:which may have been another reason she did it so she would not get utterly sucked into this mess simply because she shared some info with LE...

I agree that the tone and subtext of Kio's statements to LE (i.e. Casey's mom hates Latinos, I wasn't allowed in Casey's house, Casey dates too many guys and shouldn't date anyone because she has a kid for god's sake, Casey wouldn't let me adopt Caylee, Casey was sometimes too busy to get together with me even in middle high so I would go to the school yard alone to hang out, Casey gets mean when she drinks, Casey is bipolar, etc, etc) not to mention the major change in her statement about speaking to Casey and hearing Caylee on July 9, is very interesting. Also her inclusion of lots of unnecessary details on the strangest topics not related to Caylee (I went down to visit B because my father had just gotten in from California and was in the shower, B has a carpet cleaning business and is the sweetest man in the world, more like a father to me than my father, and I would go to him if I ever did anything really stupid and needed help, the details about Casey W, down to the year when Casey W's father died, etc), and overall, her ultra breezy manner as if she were discussing the weather. Odd.

Claiming to be a friend of Casey who just told her in April if she ever needed anything she could always count on her, saying that she believes very strongly that if stressed, Casey could have given Caylee up for adoption or given her to someone else----yet jumping to the thought, if Casey ever needed to dump a body, she would dump it here near the school! (And that does turn out to be the dump site.)

And also saying she was someone who was so interested in adopting Caylee but during the interview, there's no real indication of her being worried about Caylee. She didn't seem to have any questions for the detective or seem as serious as, you know, like AD for example, wanting to find out who had Caylee. Kio's statement has a very different, breezy, casual, tone. The way she says goodbye to the detective, with "Bye hon!".... as if it had been the most casual chat about some routine thing. Also the way Kio doesn't seem to know how unusual it sounds that she wanted to adopt Caylee when she, too, was only 19 like Casey. Maybe a 19 year old would think such a thing, but by this age wouldn't they laugh about it a bit, realizing they had been too young. Then again, I guess she was not yet 22 at the time of the interview, so it really wasn't that long before. I guess fairly recent history, really....

Of course I'm not accusing KMTC of any wrongdoing. (Funny we keep having to put all these disclaimers, but it's true, I don't know the reason for her change in statement yet, I assume it's something completely innocent.) And of course she might have been more worried than she seemed.

Because she already knew Caylee was dead. There was a dead body in the trunk. It was smelled by many including LE. She knew the shovel had been borrowed. She had already concluded that Caylee was dead and buried by that point. This is apparent to me.:innocent:

Another aspect of this is that KMTC's own Stepmother was disapproving of her giving an interview to the National Enquirer. So, unlike what has been stated her by others, there are some people who disapprove of her actions.

I honestly don't know what to make of her as a witness, but I do think that she's going to have one tough go of it, if and when she takes the stand at Casey's trial.
She probably will, and that is unfortunate, since the only thing she did was tell what she thought she might know to LE...don't kill the messenger and that is all Kio was after all, was the messenger-the bringer of information pertinent and not, a concerned citizen, perhaps with an angle on the money but hey-those Anthonys are living high on the hog on Caylee...I'm just saying, perhaps unscrupulous but that isn't illegal is it? Just immoral.:blushing:

I don't see a thread for this in the WS interview reference, so please tell me if I need to move this to an existing Dickens thread, mods :)

Since the Dickens were brought up on this thread, I listened to their interview with LE and realized I have not heard this before....Has anything been discussed here regarding Mr. Dickens' comments about CA? He says that KC told Kio that CA was in the "psych ward" for a week, and Mr. Dickens then says CA had a boyfriend before GA came back into the picture after their seperation.
I can find a rumor or parking lot thread for this if necessary, but I wonder if there may have been a boyfriend in the picture for CA that could have been involved with KC as well....Or, I certainly wonder about CA being institutionalized. Has there been any legitimizing items that have been addressed here regarding these two things?

Sounds like KC's regular lies.

IIRC Rick said no psych ward, and neither of the As had any "side dishes," -- the marital problems were all about money. Specifically GA's losing it.

No evidence of CA and KC sharing a bf. KC appears to prefer 'em young. NEITHER of those two woulda tolerated any attention to the other, by a man!

Not sure how a psych inpatient admit would've affected CA's license if it HAD happened.

If I were you, I'd start this in the PL.

I would think in selling her story she kind of impeached herself as a witness...:waitasec:which may have been another reason she did it so she would not get utterly sucked into this mess simply because she shared some info with LE...

Prolly would'na been called anyway. She has no direct info re: the crime.

I'm guessing that the great majority of those called will be LE and forensic experts-- since almost all of the evidence is forensic.

Sounds like KC's regular lies.

IIRC Rick said no psych ward, and neither of the As had any "side dishes," -- the marital problems were all about money. Specifically GA's losing it.

No evidence of CA and KC sharing a bf. KC appears to prefer 'em young. NEITHER of those two woulda tolerated any attention to the other, by a man!

Not sure how a psych inpatient admit would've affected CA's license if it HAD happened.

If I were you, I'd start this in the PL.

Ah, thank you-No PL thread necessary, in addition to the things you have pointed out, I imagine that if there were these issues, we would have seen or heard something on this by now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445