Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing keeps bugging me. 1. Was there an insurance policy on little JB??
2. JR mentions he was the one that 6 months prior had broken the basement window to get into his house because he didn't have a key. I believe any normal person would call the next day and have it fixed. Why would you leave a window broken in your basement for so long and well into the winter?? Were they having money problems but kept it well hidden. Just some thoughts?

2. JR mentions he was the one that 6 months prior had broken the basement window to get into his house because he didn't have a key. I believe any normal person would call the next day and have it fixed. Why would you leave a window broken in your basement for so long and well into the winter?? Were they having money problems but kept it well hidden. Just some thoughts?

I don't know about an insurance policy.
I would think that you'd replace a broken window. At least I would. What strikes me as odd is JR admitting to breaking the window before, if you want to push an intruder, wouldn't that broken window help your case?

No money problems. IMO he probably told Patsy and she was too lazy to make the call or she forgot. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would think that you'd replace a broken window. At least I would. What strikes me as odd is JR admitting to breaking the window before, if you want to push an intruder, wouldn't that broken window help your case?
yes he admitted it and his story was weird. It left me with the impression that he was lying about the whole thing, like he had to explain away some things. moo

That's what makes me believe he wasn't part of the murder or staging.... But he did figure it out sometime that morning. IMO

yes he admitted it and his story was weird. It left me with the impression that he was lying about the whole thing, like he had to explain away some things. moo

I believe him as the glass was previously cleaned up with the exception of the shard Fleet found

I believe him as the glass was previously cleaned up with the exception of the shard Fleet found

Yes, kinda hard to push an intruder with no broken glass. Unless the intruder cleaned it up. :lol:

FWIW... I remembered something, but haven’t mentioned it for a long time because I couldn’t remember where I had read it. But I ran across it just tonight while looking for some other information. In May of 2000, Steve Thomas did an online chat. That chat disappeared (as far as I know), but the host (Bill Bickel) reposted it early this year when news of the GJ true bill came out. I just found it.

Lots of good information in the first chat (from May 9, 2000) here, as well as this information:

His second chat (from November 14, 2000) is here. Lots of info in it too (911 call, Ramsey phone records, politics and battles with DA’s office).
Did LHP write the book that was referred to? or did this grand jury thing hold her up?

FWIW... I remembered something, but haven’t mentioned it for a long time because I couldn’t remember where I had read it. But I ran across it just tonight while looking for some other information. In May of 2000, Steve Thomas did an online chat. That chat disappeared (as far as I know), but the host (Bill Bickel) reposted it early this year when news of the GJ true bill came out. I just found it.

Lots of good information in the first chat (from May 9, 2000) here, as well as this information:

His second chat (from November 14, 2000) is here. Lots of info in it too (911 call, Ramsey phone records, politics and battles with DA’s office).
Something that jumped out in this interview...ST was asked if JR or PR left the house that night and he answered with that being the million dollar question or as the detectives would say, the $118, 000 question. Was there speculation at one time that one of them wasn't at home? because of his hedgy answer, I get the impression that LE saw it as a real possibility. The reason I ask, is because I noticed in the ransom note that the writer seemed to be writing to JR as if he wasn't in the house at the time, and it kind of reinforced my theory that JR was not at home during the murder and PR had free rein of the house.

in '97 (among his other responses re the window) JR said he "thought" he broke it and he "assumed" it was broken and didn't remember how he broke it ("maybe my foot")

in '97 PR said "he told me to come back from out of town or whatever and he didn’t have a key" and "I mean I scoured that place" and "there was just a ton of glass everywhere" and "in the fall yeah cause it was just little, you know, pieces, big pieces, everything" and "I mean I cleaned that thoroughly and I asked Linda to go behind me and vacuum. I mean I picked up every chunk"

when asked if the window was ever fixed she said "No, I don’t know whether I fixed it or didn’t fix it. I can’t remember even trying to remember that, um, I remember when I got back, uh, in the fall, you know ... "

in '00 LHP said she never saw a broken window and was never asked to have one repaired and never cleaned up any pieces of glass

I saw an analyst on TV talking about lying/liars (not about this case). she said there are different categories of responses to questions and two that I remember are simple (most likely true) and persuasive (trying to convince the listener that it's true). yes/no, uh huh (meaning yes) and huh uh (meaning no) are simple. adding words like didn't and wouldn't to the simple response is moderately persuasive and adding did not and would not is adamently persuasive. words like actually, really, truly, absolutely, just, or whatever, I mean, of course are more than fillers, they are also persuaders. she also mentioned the classics not that I recall and not to my knowledge and I can't remember. with that in mind it's interesting to notice how often the Rs talk like that and on which topics they do it

in their '97 interviews:

the only questions PR deferred to JR were about him checking windows in the basement that morning before LE arrived: "You know I, you’re just going to ask him I don’t . . ." and about the flashlight "John would remember"

(to PR) Were you ever, you were not ever in the basement that morning before the police got there? No, I was not. Patsy, did you write the note? No, I did not write the note. ... did you participate in anyway in the death or the events after the death of JonBenet? No, absolutely not. Patsy, do you have any knowledge of John participating in this in any way? No. If that were the case, would you come forward and tell me? Of course, yes.

John, are you involved in any way in the death of your daughter? No. Are you involved in any way with the preparation of that note? No.

this is one of the strangest things he said, re the RN: "At one point I laid it on the floor and spread it out so I could read it real fast without having to sit and read it."

huh???

PR had mentioned that the older couple(McReynolds?), across the street had been given a key, in case anyone was locked out. Of course the excuse of not going there to get the key, could be that it was late at night, or JR didn't know that PR had given them a key. I wish JR had been asked, by PPD, if he knew there was an extra key at the MCReynolds. He could have lied about that too, just as both JR and PR lied about so many things.

this is one of the strangest things he said, re the RN: "At one point I laid it on the floor and spread it out so I could read it real fast without having to sit and read it."

huh???

Yeah, he must have some great eyesight to be able to stand there and read a note spread out on the floor!

Unless he means he was kneeling on the floor reading it in which case, why not just sit?

Why not just pick the thing up and read it like normal people.

He obviously wasn't too fussed about messing up the scene at any other stage, like when he found her body and dragged it upstairs.

:sick:

I try to picture myself in that scenario and I KNOW from how I've handled things in the past (not this serious thank God) that my hands would be shaking and I would be shuffling the papers back and forth and when the detectives got there I would shove the papers at them all jumbled up.

Were the pages numbered? Were the papers in order and neatly stacked when they handed them over? Just curious.

IIRC they didn't touch the note but guided Arndt to it, where it still lay.

:moo:

IIRC they didn't touch the note but guided Arndt to it, where it still lay.

:moo:

Patsy claimed it was spread out on the spiral staircase... How did the small foreign faction know she would use that staircase? Patsy claimed to have STEPPED OVER it on the way down the stairs.

Sure....she did. Eyeroll.

Yeah, he must have some great eyesight to be able to stand there and read a note spread out on the floor!

Unless he means he was kneeling on the floor reading it in which case, why not just sit?

Claims he was on his hands and knees.. In his robe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members