Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to Colorado Human Services, Child Protective Services, with a definition of child abuse under Colorado code.

http://humanservices.mesacounty.us/FCS/template.aspx?id=2090

THANK YOU FOR THIS, BOESP!! After reading this, it is clear the Grand Jury called for an indictment based on evidence that JonBenet's death came at the hands of her parents.

I believe they chose the charges, "Child Abuse Leading to Death" because it is the lesser amount of charges that would have related to the murder and assured greater ease in obtaining an arrest warrant to begin the prosecution process. Though these charges could have been altered "up" before a trial to be more severe, i.e. Felony Murder, or Murder 1 or 2, once the process began and more evidence could have been collected, this gave an absolute starting point which would assure the parents stood a chance of being sentenced in some manner if proved guilty.

Of course, it is possible no more severe charges would have been brought, because penalties for a conviction would have been more much severe, and something the RST team would have countered against from day one. I am sure they would have clutched at the indicted charges.

It is just SICKENING :furious:that AH was not the right person to DO HIS JOB at that time. Question is, is Garnett bold enough to take the steps necessary to consider asking for a charge of Felony Murder against John Ramsey?? Have Ramsey's actions the night of JB's death changed or lessened any, in the eyes of his peers on the GJ at that time, even if the rhetoric has? And if not in their eyes, why should it have changed in anyone elses?

AH was under the influence of the R's wealthy status, and of courses LS did not help. The worst culprit here is ML. She should have been disbarred? She had no right to exonerate the R's, not to mention the time and money wasted on the Karr fiasco. How could she have done this knowing what the GJ verdict was? Think how many people sat back and said, "So the Ramseys are innocent of any wrongdoing," and the perps loved every minute of it.

AH was under the influence of the R's wealthy status, and of courses LS did not help. The worst culprit here is ML. She should have been disbarred? She had no right to exonerate the R's, not to mention the time and money wasted on the Karr fiasco. How could she have done this knowing what the GJ verdict was? Think how many people sat back and said, "So the Ramseys are innocent of any wrongdoing," and the perps loved every minute of it.

Darlene733510,
With all these prosecuters siding with the Ramsey's, history will ineluctably show that a conspiracy of sorts has taken place.

ML is a joke and patently a career driven person, her contact list obviously has the R's itemized as Do Not Ignore?

JR had the money, he had the contacts, so he purchased the Justice System. AH went down on his knees and genuflected at the altar of cash and power, his pension was probably inflated with benign increments, something WS members might wish to investigate?

I thought exoneration applied to someone already found guilty of some crime, is ML accepting R complicity in the death of JonBenet?

I have to wonder if there are any honorable people left in CO, after this happened. Do they pay so little attention to what is going wrong there? The death is a child meant nothing to them, and that is just as much aiding and abetting as the ones who ended her life. I would think that some person would be concerned that an exoneration was given that was not deserved, by a corrupt woman who was as corrupt as AH and LS. It sure seems that in this case money spoke louder than decency and honor. I hope they all rot in hell!!

the death of a child is the most horrible thing but if you add the fact that she was molested (doesn't matter how many times,once or twice or how many) it's something we can't just forgive and forget ...i really dunno how some involved sleep at night,especially ML who turned this into a "DNA case" and made it easy for the ones still charge to sit back and relax while waiting for a dna match...

Does anyone remember a short piece (tv/print) about a little girl friend saying that JB told her that she had a family secret? I always wondered why this was not heard again. Anyone remember this? TIA and IMO.

The following is a reprint from another board, with the poster's request bolded by me. She/he is right! We should all take a moment to send Brackley a note to let him know we haven't forgotten - especially in light of the GJ info about the indictment.

This from Assistant District Attorney, Ryan Brackley in the Longmont Times-Call today:

...While her boyfriend, George Ruibal, was quickly suspected in the case, the investigation went cold and he was not arrested until 2011. He was sentenced in January to 40 years in prison after a Boulder County jury convicted him of second-degree murder.
Prosecutor Ryan Brackley said Pechin's family never gave up on the case and noted that her brothers would call and yell at him about it.
"I deserved it," he said.
Brackley said he nominated the family for the award because of their determination to have the case prosecuted and because they reminded him that victims of cold cases should never be forgotten.

http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local -
news/ci_23110276/boulder-count y-das-office-honors-victims-ad vocates

SO, if you are interested in Justice for JonBenet Ramsey, and are so inclined, and I certainly am, please let Ryan Brackley know YOU care about Justice for JonBenet the same way this family kept on his case. I already emailed him today, I'm hoping a lot of people will get behind this effort and show them just how many people want Justice For JonBenet Ramsey. Ryan's email address is rbrackley@bouldercounty.org 15,000 people emailed the Boulder DA's office over that elk, we should do a lot better. Let other boards know about this, we have never forgotten Justice for JonBenet and we want them to work hard towards that goal. Justice IS NOT how many books you can sell in Australia and the Ramsey will let you have the royalties for, it's a person or persons being but on trial for JonBenet's BRUTAL MURDER. Keep your eyes on the prize JUSTICE FOR JONBENET RAMSEY. Nothing less!

Actually, technically, 15,000 people didn't email the Boulder DA about the elk. I mean, kind of. There was an online petition where when you signed it, it automatically sent an email to the Boulder DA. So it wasn't like 15,000 people actually found the email of the DA and wrote out some personalized email about why they were outraged. It was just some quick little "Type Your Name---Hit Enter" thing.

But I think it's kind of obvious that a lot of people would like to see this case solved? I think Boulder PD/DA is pretty aware of that. I honestly don't think cold case investigations worry about how many people will "care" whether they solve a case or not when they decide to go reopen it or something. That seems like a really unfair criteria to have. I still maintain that they haven't gone forward with the case because anything they could indict John was run out on the statute of limitations, not because they haven't received enough emails asking them to solve it.

I was reading old stuff yesterday, and I found a statement where BR was questioned in 1997. In June some of the computer files disappeared, when BPD, began investigating.
I don't know if this is true or not, but I read that when Det. Everett walked through the basement he saw 2 blankets in the WC.
The one thing that has me wondering is the day after BR testified the GJ reached their verdict. It had been announced that BR was cleared of any wrong doing after his questioning.
I wonder why the GJ did not insist on JR and PR testifying. Did they feel there was enough to charge them without their testimony? The GJ could have asked for the phone records and medical records. Did they do this, or did BR admit to something, maybe an accident, and he could not be charged?

Just a FYI post: The Spotlight case on the WS home page is about Sherry Leighty. She was killed in 1999, and her case has now blown wide open because her SISTER never gave up. And I doubt the family as a whole had a lot of financial power on their side, or any powerful political connections.

Here, in JB's case, we have a family with means, connections, and there are three mature siblings who could be doing something transparent to continue to fight for justice for their sister, even if JB's own father would rather just live his "simple, down-sized life" doing book signings.

If all of the R sibs are convinced JB's killer is still out there, shouldn't at least one of them be demonstrating at least a shred of what Sherry's sister did on her behalf??

If correctly given via news media, John Andrew Ramsey's response to the question what should be done to the killer was to say "forgiveness." John and Patsy said the same in an interview that is referenced in the Media section here on Websleuths.

Who would the half-brother of a slain six-year-old feel like forgiving? Who would the parents forgive?

It seems obvious to me that after all these years, Patsy wrote the note.

Someone killed JonBenet and someone set up staging within staging. One or more persons aided in a cover-up. Who and why?

The Grand Jury wanted to indict John and Patsy for child abuse (or failure to prevent child abuse) resulting in the death of a child.

The autopsy showed that JonBenet died from ligature strangulation and accompanying blunt force head trauma.

Steve Thomas thought Patsy did it. James Kolar apparently thinks Burke was involved. Linda Arndt at one time thought John Ramsey did it.

Alex Hunter did not act on the Grand Jury indictment and go forward with an arraignment hearing. Why?

Those are the key elements I see today. It's impossible to do more than speculate without seeing all the evidence.

Do you guys think JAR would be willing to show so much forgiveness if PDI?I mean,if PDI,she hurt 3 people JAR loves....his sister,his half-brother and his dad.....dunno
but he might forgive his dad.....(brings me back again to the M/Peterson case,amazing how naive his poor kids are ,still supporting him even if it's obvious he did it...or maybe he's just another great manipulator just like JR....IMO)

can someone pls enlighten me/translate what BR means with this

posted on FB

Burke Ramsey
April 17
Moderation, is masturbation, what is what, and what makes you feel good.

seems a nice boy,huh

Burke Ramsey
April 20
Well **** me in the face. That's the last time I borrow my girl's car. #stupit***** lol

posted on FB

Burke Ramsey
April 17

seems a nice boy,huh

Burke Ramsey
April 20
Well **** me in the face. That's the last time I borrow my girl's car. #stupit***** lol

Good lord, let's hope he's still under some sort of psychiatric care. And if not, wow, he should be - again!

If correctly given via news media, John Andrew Ramsey's response to the question what should be done to the killer was to say "forgiveness." John and Patsy said the same in an interview that is referenced in the Media section here on Websleuths.

Who would the half-brother of a slain six-year-old feel like forgiving? Who would the parents forgive?

Someone killed JonBenet and someone set up staging within staging. One or more persons aided in a cover-up. Who and why?

The Grand Jury wanted to indict John and Patsy for child abuse (or failure to prevent child abuse) resulting in the death of a child.

The autopsy showed that JonBenet died from ligature strangulation and accompanying blunt force head trauma.

Steve Thomas thought Patsy did it. James Kolar apparently thinks Burke was involved. Linda Arndt at one time thought John Ramsey did it.

Alex Hunter did not act on the Grand Jury indictment and go forward with an arraignment hearing. Why?

Those are the key elements I see today. It's impossible to do more than speculate without seeing all the evidence.

BBM. A huge question, IMO. This info, just something to think about:
Lee Hill, atty, supported Nancy Krebs testimony, corroborated by M. Bienkowski, about Ms. Krebs knowledge of pedophile activity which she gave to Hunter. This all happened within a short time of the GJ proceedings, and by early 2000, hunter announced he wouldn't run for office again, after earlier stating he thought the Krebs story should be investigated, and he himself would take it to the state Atty General if necessary.

IMO, powers that be had already closed in on Hunter, and with this possible ring info hovering, even though he wanted to break the case open, he got "managed" into caving in. We have been too quick to assume that JB's death was simply a case of familial sexual abuse gone awry, IMHO.

posted on FB

Burke Ramsey
April 17

seems a nice boy,huh

Burke Ramsey
April 20

The entry from the 17th is a lyric from a Stone Temple Pilots song. April, 20, I don't know.

posted on FB

Burke Ramsey
April 17

seems a nice boy,huh

Burke Ramsey
April 20

The entry from the 17th is a lyric from a Stone Temple Pilots song. April, 20, I don't know.

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/15232/ :guitar:

BOESP,
One element that does not seem to be listed is that JonBenet had been acutely sexually assaulted.

This offers a motive for her death.

There is a murder trial currently taking place in the UK, where Stuart Hazell is accused of sexually assaulting and then killing a 12-year old girl Tia Sharp.

Tia Sharp's final journey
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iend-hours-sexually-assaulted-killed-her.html
There are some points of similarity with JonBenet's case.

Now if you scroll down the page, the following images are available:
article-2321251-19AEEF94000005DC-254_634x462.jpg

This Sainsbury's plastic bag, a yellow vest and light grey trousers that police say were found in Stuart Hazell's loft were shown in court during his trial for the murder of Tia Sharp

and ...

article-2321251-19AEEF9C000005DC-137_306x396.jpg

and ...
article-2321251-19AEEF98000005DC-653_306x396.jpg

This shoe found wrapped in newspaper in a Tesco bag and damaged spectacles in a sweet wrapper were also shown to the jury. Police say they were found in the loft near the body of Tia Sharp

I think these items belong to Tia Sharp. Like JonBenet Tia Sharp's body was placed out of sight into the loft of the house, and like JonBenet various forensic items were dumped there also, significantly clothing worn by Tia Sharp on her shopping trip, as shown in the photographs. The glass belongs to Tia, who owns the shoe is uncertain.

In both cases the same strategy was employed to hide the body, along with associated forensic evidence. Whereas the R's claimed JonBenet had been kidnapped, it is alleged Stuart Hazell stated that Tia Sharp left the house on an errand and was never seen again.

Although there are some slight differences in the MO, in both cases the victim is presented as being absent from the house!

Maybe he knew that someone other than the parents was responsible for sexually assaulting and causing JonBenet to become comatose?

Do you guys think JAR would be willing to show so much forgiveness if PDI?I mean,if PDI,she hurt 3 people JAR loves....his sister,his half-brother and his dad.....dunno
but he might forgive his dad.....(brings me back again to the M/Peterson case,amazing how naive his poor kids are ,still supporting him even if it's obvious he did it...or maybe he's just another great manipulator just like JR....IMO)

Might be willing to forgive his little brother for doing something that got out of hand and didn't mean to do, just like a mom would do to cover up for her son for the same reason, and why the father would also say the killer deserves forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA