Kristian S Horman was arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His arrest in this case is not connected to Kyron, but that does not in any way eliminate him as a possible participant in Kyron's case. He was not in jail, he was familiar with the child, and knew the family and their routines.

And also fits in the scenario of leaving with someone he knew well,so wouldn't make noise and someone who watched SM leave,possibly.

BeanE said:
We have no idea what this guy's preference is. We only know about one victim. That's not enough to determine preference.

Right!!! And that to me means he was caught one time.

I think we all know most molesters offend several times before they are caught.

He could have molested 10 boys before that 1 girl.

We just don't know.

So, IMO, we can't just rule him out because his prior was female. To me, that makes no sense.

JMO

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I truly don't. And a lot of what y'all are saying is true.

So my question is--do you think that this guy took Kyron? Is that what you believe?

And this guy has one conviction. One.

I fail to see the similarities of the two offenders. JMO.

Respectfully, one conviction is more than enough. The other information would be better left out of the thread. As many victims of such abuse here will tell you, one conviction almost NEVER means only one occurrence. The fact that he had any kind of family relationship with the child only makes his involvement with Kyron MORE likely.

FWIW...I took out the info. on the victim from the quote out of respect for the minors privacy.

*snip*
Too soon. It's in yesterday's trial info:

Stipulated Trial
Court Finds Dfdt Guilty Of 3rd Deg
Judge Ronald L Castleberry
Child Molestation
06-16-2010 TRIAL DURATION ____.__ HRS Trial Duration 30 Mins
45 06-16-2010 FINDINGS OF FACT&CONCLUSIONS OF LAW Findings Of Fact&conclusions Of Law
Guilty Of 3rd Deg Child Molestation

It doesn't say jury found him guilty, but that a court did. Does that mean he pled guilty to the charge?

His arrest in this case is not connected to Kyron, but that does not in any way eliminate him as a possible participant in Kyron's case. He was not in jail, he was familiar with the child, and knew the family and their routines.
To be fair, we don't know how well he knew the family and their routines. Many people that I 'know' don't know my family routines, and this includes several close relatives. I'm not sure what to think about this, but I am not going to make the leap that because he is a brother that he's necessarily familiar with the family details.

wow.. I missed A LOT today! At least my house is clean?

Do you think she'll mind people finding out who she is, or no?

If that were an issue, this thread would not be here, correct? Because the thread links right to the file, which links right to the victim. And this was my reason for opposing it being posted in the first place.

Maybe the thread title should be changed.

I think in light of these convictions that there should be a profile done on the rest of the family members by the FBI. A family history. Even if they are not suspects.

Right!!! And that to me means he was caught one time.

I think we all know most molesters offend several times before they are caught.

He could have molested 10 boys before that 1 girl.

We just don't know.

So, IMO, we can't just rule him out because his prior was female. To me, that makes no sense.

JMO

You can always give it the old acid test - would you let him babysit your little boy?

It doesn't say jury found him guilty, but that a court did. Does that mean he pled guilty to the charge?

He had a bench trial, meaning there was no jury. The judge heard the facts and decided for himself. The facts were agreed upon by both parties, so, as a matter of law, (not the opinion of a jury) he was found guilty by the judge. This kind of trial will often happen when both prosecuter and defendant agree that a jury is more than likely to find guilt. It will also spare victims from having to testify in front of a jury. The defendant has to agree to a bench trial because he/she has the right to a jury trial.

BeanE said:
You can always give it the old acid test - would you let him babysit your little boy?

Well, my answer would simply be, HECK NO!!!!!

If that were an issue, this thread would not be here, correct? Because the thread links right to the file, which links right to the victim. And this was my reason for opposing it being posted in the first place.

What's linked to is public information over which we have no control. We do, each, as individuals have the power to control what we post here, which is replicated across the internet via search engines, etc.

To be fair, we don't know how well he knew the family and their routines. Many people that I 'know' don't know my family routines, and this includes several close relatives. I'm not sure what to think about this, but I am not going to make the leap that because he is a brother that he's necessarily familiar with the family details.

Didn't I read SM has a facebook? Did she post about the science fair? Does Kristian have Facebook?

I could rattle off the events/activities my nieces and nephews have going on because they and their parents include in their status updates. If his relative use Facebook and post often, it would be very easy for a creep to follow that person(s) online and plan/prepare an abduction.

Do you think she'll mind people finding out who she is, or no?

Hard question as she's been dealing with this now for over a year, if this person was married to him at that time. It probably hit all the local papers back then but might now be expanded with a family relationship here and the case. I wish her and her family well.

I was thinking this might have made the case much more complicated for investigators. Explains all the searching within 2 miles of the school, not a threat to the community, isolated incident, someone familiar to Kyron, etc.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I truly don't. And a lot of what y'all are saying is true.

So my question is--do you think that this guy took Kyron? Is that what you believe?

Honestly it's disturbing whenever I hear of this in a family,it's opens a door of any relatives with the same problem.KWIM What it is doing is making me feel more it's not a stranger,especially with LE saying it's isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abo