Kronk Discloses More Information About Finding Caylee's Remains

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that during the murder trial they are going to ask the man who found the remains why he did not tell anyone about a "live" snake in the woods?????? Common sense has to fit in here somewhere people. Since there was water should he have warned them about gators too? This to me is just silly.:bang:

Absolutely.

As initially reported, it was "rattlers".

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6635154&page=1

There is another conflicting story from media right after the skull discovery. The circumstances of the actual find were variously reported as:

1) Kronk picked up a bag and the skull rolled out.
2) Kronk kicked a bag and the skull rolled out.
3) Kronk poked or prodded a bag and the skull rolled out.
4) Kronk saw the skull near the bag, and did not cause the skull to come out of the bag.

Kronk's own testimony (directly quoted in media), of this moment of discovery, is somewhat ambiguous. From his statement, it is not clear if the skull was inside the bag, or hidden beneath it.

As I recall, yesterday on GMA he said "picked" or "pulled".

From WFTV...

"In December you went back to the same area. Why did you go back?" GMA's Robin Roberts asked Kronk.

"I had to go to the bathroom, so I went in there and I looked over and I saw a shape that didn't look quite right to me and when I pulled the bag up I basically looked down and there it was," he said.

Does that tell you that the skull fell out of the bag, or that the bag was covering the skull? It could even be that the skull was close to the bag, and the act of bending to pull the bag brought the skull into his visual field.

Originally Posted by Steely Dan
I don't drive around with a camera and I can't think of anyone I know who does.
I can't think of anyone that doesn't have a cam feature on their cell phone etc. They do come in very handy for so many things.

From WFTV...Does that tell you that the skull fell out of the bag, or that the bag was covering the skull? It could even be that the skull was close to the bag, and the act of bending to pull the bag brought the skull into his visual field.
Does it make any difference?

Nope, not *everybody* thinks there is something hinky about him. I think he's a great guy who acted just like an average, normal human being. He did nothing wrong. There is nothing suspicious about him or about anything he did.

I spent so many days and nights and weeks and months agonizing over Caylee's body being out there somewhere, not knowing where, so many people searching for her, so many people trying desperately to find clues as to where she was.

I always believed she'd be found. I have no idea why, but I never for a minute thought she wouldn't be. It didn't make it any easier at all agonizing over day, every night, she was thrown out in the elements with animals tearing at her body. That's what I believed Casey had done with her, because that's how it seems the majority of people who kill children leave them. It tears me up to the extent that I can't even verbalize it.

Mr. Kronk found Caylee. That's what he did. I'm far from either an airhead or a Polyanna, and I can clearly see that's all there is to it. Not that it's any small thing. It's a big thing. It's a great thing. Out of literally thousands of people trying to find Caylee, Mr. Kronk was the one who found her.

There are plenty of bad guys in this case. If I need to tear up a bad guy, it's easy as pie to find more than a few at the ready for it. I don't have any need in me to create any more.

Hats off to you, Mr. Kronk. Thank you for finding Caylee. Thank you for caring about her. I wish you all peace and happiness.

Well said, BeanE :blowkiss: I agree with your post.. I can't get over the fact that people want to dig into "why he found the body".. I don't get it.. the fact is, HE FOUND CAYLEE.. Period.. I don't care what his past was, is, will be or whatever, HE FOUND CAYLEE.. Not LE, not the search team, but Mr. Kronk... Casey is guilty on all accounts and any reasonable juror will see it. It's not because LE didn't do this or that, it's because Casey didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days, and it wasn't even her who reported it. It's because Casey lied to LE time and time again. It's because there is decomp in the trunk of HER CAR.. :behindbar

I can't think of anyone that doesn't have a cam feature on their cell phone etc. They do come in very handy for so many things.

Steely Dan, my husband always has a camera with us. We actually keep one in the car and one in the house small 8 megapixel Kodaks. You never know when we might want to get a picture or short video clip of our daughter and or when me might be in the right place at the right time to take a $10,000-$20,000 dollar shot that ends up on NG. :crazy:

He also carries one for work and he often takes his lunch in the park. Imagine if he suspected something in the woods.. he would not have 1 picture of a snake.. he would have hundreds of pictures of the bag.

Anyone know why Kronk did not take MORE PICTURES and then show the police?

Well said, BeanE :blowkiss: I agree with your post.. I can't get over the fact that people want to dig into "why he found the body".. I don't get it.. the fact is, HE FOUND CAYLEE.. Period.. I don't care what his past was, is, will be or whatever, HE FOUND CAYLEE.. Not LE, not the search team, but Mr. Kronk... Casey is guilty on all accounts and any reasonable juror will see it. It's not because LE didn't do this or that, it's because Casey didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days, and it wasn't even her who reported it. It's because Casey lied to LE time and time again. It's because there is decomp in the trunk of HER CAR.. :behindbar

Nope, not *everybody* thinks there is something hinky about him. I think he's a great guy who acted just like an average, normal human being. He did nothing wrong. There is nothing suspicious about him or about anything he did.

I spent so many days and nights and weeks and months agonizing over Caylee's body being out there somewhere, not knowing where, so many people searching for her, so many people trying desperately to find clues as to where she was.

I always believed she'd be found. I have no idea why, but I never for a minute thought she wouldn't be. It didn't make it any easier at all agonizing over day, every night, she was thrown out in the elements with animals tearing at her body. That's what I believed Casey had done with her, because that's how it seems the majority of people who kill children leave them. It tears me up to the extent that I can't even verbalize it.

Mr. Kronk found Caylee. That's what he did. I'm far from either an airhead or a Polyanna, and I can clearly see that's all there is to it. Not that it's any small thing. It's a big thing. It's a great thing. Out of literally thousands of people trying to find Caylee, Mr. Kronk was the one who found her.

There are plenty of bad guys in this case. If I need to tear up a bad guy, it's easy as pie to find more than a few at the ready for it. I don't have any need in me to create any more.

Hats off to you, Mr. Kronk. Thank you for finding Caylee. Thank you for caring about her. I wish you all peace and happiness.

I agree.. Just leave Kronk alone... the only thing he should have done was take more pictures of what he saw or thought was suspicious. Just one picture of a snake? :waitasec:

On the stand, he will be asked: why did you not warn the tip line that there is a huge rattler in this location and searchers should wear snake boots and use extreme caution.

Because

- it's not my job to tell LE how to do their job
- it's a reasonable assumption that LE who work in that area would know even more than I do about what areas and types of environments are dangerous, have had training, have equipment, and prepared better than I could prepare them for whatever they may encounter
- the snake was dead
- I did tell the tipline there was a snake
- I'm a serial cop killer and M.O. is to lure LE to areas where there are snakes and watch them get bitten
- huh?
- I dunno
- you have crumbs in the corner of your mouth
- how would that have changed anything?
- why is that important to you?
- how is that relevant?

:)

Because

- it's a reasonable assumption that LE who work in that area would know even more than I do about what areas and types of environments are dangerous, have had training, have equipment, and prepared better than I could prepare them for whatever they may encounter
- the snake was dead
- I'm a serial cop killer and M.O. is to lure LE to areas where there are snakes and watch them get bitten
- huh?
- I dunno
- how is that relevant?

How did this allegedly dead snake, die?

(To me, the snake in Kronk's picture looked to be very much alive.)

Because

- the snake was dead
- huh?
- I dunno
- how is that relevant?

Totally agree- I might tell LE I was scared of the snake because I'm a young woman scared of even insects, but I would bet anything my "I'm so tough" boyfriend or brother wouldn't say "there's a scary snake" because of pure ego. Also, they would probably not be as nervous and would assume LE (1) knew the area, and (2) wouldn't be afraid of a snake when they deal with guns and criminals all day.

So I believe him, in short.

From WFTV...

Does that tell you that the skull fell out of the bag, or that the bag was covering the skull? It could even be that the skull was close to the bag, and the act of bending to pull the bag brought the skull into his visual field.
I just hope he did not take pictures of the skull

I agree.. Just leave Kronk alone... the only thing he should have done was take more pictures of what he saw or thought was suspicious. Just one picture of a snake? :waitasec:

I would imagine he did - but LE don't want them released. They didn't care what he did with the pic of the snake.

I would imagine he did - but LE don't want them released. They didn't care what he did with the pic of the snake.

Yeah, you can get an injunction that prohibits him from releasing photos. They probably did it in secret because if you broadcast "RK has photos of x y z" you know someone on the defense is going to be knocking at his door, promising a licensing fee [cut of the book deal].

I would expect prosecutors to have great interest in any photos Kronk had taken at the scene. Those could be used to support his testimony about where and when he was at the scene. The defense would be similarly interested.

I am sure NO ONE is willing to pay 20grand for a picture of a snake.
He has more pictures. They must be of the bag.
I want to see the duct tape. I want to know if it was a piece or if it was wrapped around the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1