Kronk Discloses More Information About Finding Caylee's Remains

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Kronk's fear of snakes when he entered the woods to pee? We have been told that the bag/skull was about 30 feet into the woods.

What happened to Kronk's fear of snakes when he entered the woods to pee? We have been told that the bag/skull was about 30 feet into the woods.

Who really cares, but possibly it diminishes in the fall when they're less active.

*snipped*
RK does specifically say he was a bailbondsman/bounty hunter for "many years" and that he thought the generally bad, decomp smell of the swamp on both sides of the road made this an ideal place to stash a body. The only thing I thought about this comment was, weird place to pick for a sit in the shade and a bathroom break if it really smelled so bad. Why not sit in the truck, drive to McDonald's, go to the park, anything besides sit in a place that stinks as bad as he says.

Because the MR's handheld computer has a built in GPS system that the company can use to locate that particular employee at all times. Many utility services use these handhelds. They had to stay in the location where they were working.

Yes, and we have to ask the questions, because sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Why can't Kronk divulge the entirety of this kidnapping charge in his past? It is dismissed without question in these interviews.

I am very relieved the photo was of a snake. I feel sorry for the man. He found Caylee. I think he is a good guy, one of only a couple in this whole case.

Thats a very good point!I think a man would rather get bit on his leg then take a chance on getting a bite on his joy stick lmao:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who really cares, but possibly it diminishes in the fall when they're less active.
PLUS, the area had dried up, leaving the ground visible. Probably a lot safer then going into swampy water when snakes like to gather.

Yes, and we have to ask the questions, because sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Why can't Kronk divulge the entirety of this kidnapping charge in his past? It is dismissed without question in these interviews.
Why should he HAVE too? It has zero to do with this case and he was cleared and the record was expunged.

I listened again, and RK says something to the effect of "the officer took his baton out."

SNIP

Here's some more detail.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18468226/detail.html

"The officer showed up. I showed him a picture of a snake that we had found on Monday. He looked kinda shaken up. It was a six-and-a-half-foot diamondback rattlesnake. He pulled his baton out"

Why would the officer pull his baton out ? Is it like a cattle prod or something ? If not, what use would it be with a 6' long rattlesnake ? I'm not accusing RK of anything, I'm just wondering.....:confused:

Why should he HAVE too? It has zero to do with this case and he was cleared and the record was expunged.

:clap::clap::clap: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I agree 100%. He has cooperated with LE and they apparently are satisfied with his answers. All I can say is "God bless him" for finding little Caylee.

That's easy for someone to say, but would you really jump into snake infested water to retrieve a bag? The Officer sure didn't want to.

If a missing child were in that area and i was the responding officer, I would have called for some kind of backup help to get in there and get that bag. I'm sure they have investigated snake infested water before.

Please read! http://www.news4jax.com/news/18459102/detail.html

"Kronk said in a statement issued to WKMG that the kidnapping involved a domestic situation with a man who was living with his former girlfriend.

"In the early 1990s, while on duty with the U.S. Coast Guard in Key West, Florida, I had a girlfriend who made the decision to discontinue her relationship with me and move to South Carolina to reside with another man. At some time after her departure, she called me and asked me to come to South Carolina and help her move away from that individual. I travelled to South Carolina to assist her. Upon my arrival in South Carolina, the man she was living with engaged me in a confrontation. As a result of that confrontation, I was arrested based on false allegations that I had kidnapped my former girlfriend. The matter was submitted to a grand jury in South Carolina. The grand jury determined that there was no probable cause to bring charges against me. In recognition of the falsity of these allegations, all records relating to this arrest were expunged by the South Carolina court."

"When I applied for employment by Orange County, since the records of this arrest had been expunged, I would have been within my rights to not disclose this incident. However, I chose to disclose this arrest and the expungement of the records because I had nothing to hide and have a personal policy of openness and honesty about events in my life," the statement said.

WKMG has confirmed that the information is included in the criminal background check conducted on Kronk prior to his hiring with Orange County."

If a missing child were in that area and i was the responding officer, I would have called for some kind of backup help to get in there and get that bag. I'm sure they have investigated snake infested water before.

I did not think of that but you are right.

I realy feel sorry for Kronk. He is just another KC victim. His life is being scrutinized by everyone now. Not saying that's not normal, but that can't be comfortable. I have plenty of stuff in my past and my family's past----including being related to both a murderer and a sex offender---that I would hate to have come out in the media and in a trial...but that wouldn't stop me from reporting a body. It didn't stop him either.

I don't blame him for feeling the way he feels. I also didn't think he said he wouldn't do it again. He didn't answer the question and continiued to talk about the fall out for him. I didn't get the feeling that he REALLY would have let Caylee's body stay where it was even knowing the toll this has taken on his life.

FWIW, diamondback rattlesnakes (the species identified by Kronk) do not like to be in water. Water moccasins (cottonmouths) do like water, but not the d-back rattlers.

Kronk was actually more likely to encounter d-back rattlers after the water dried up.

I think it was the LE officer who was afraid of snakes, not the MR.

Kronk revealed his past, imo we know all we need to know about his past, present and future. What a shame that this might be a precedent for other people who now might think twice about "Doing The Right Thing!":confused:

FWIW, diamondback rattlesnakes (the species identified by Kronk) do not like to be in water. Water moccasins (cottonmouths) do like water, but not the d-back rattlers.

Kronk was actually more likely to encounter d-back rattlers after the water dried up.

We saw both while there and took some pictures of the biggest cotton mouths I have ever seen. I did not even knew they grew that large until then.

Please read! http://www.news4jax.com/news/18459102/detail.html

"Kronk said in a statement issued to WKMG that the kidnapping involved a domestic situation with a man who was living with his former girlfriend.

"In the early 1990s, while on duty with the U.S. Coast Guard in Key West, Florida, I had a girlfriend who made the decision to discontinue her relationship with me and move to South Carolina to reside with another man. At some time after her departure, she called me and asked me to come to South Carolina and help her move away from that individual. I travelled to South Carolina to assist her. Upon my arrival in South Carolina, the man she was living with engaged me in a confrontation. As a result of that confrontation, I was arrested based on false allegations that I had kidnapped my former girlfriend. The matter was submitted to a grand jury in South Carolina. The grand jury determined that there was no probable cause to bring charges against me. In recognition of the falsity of these allegations, all records relating to this arrest were expunged by the South Carolina court."

"When I applied for employment by Orange County, since the records of this arrest had been expunged, I would have been within my rights to not disclose this incident. However, I chose to disclose this arrest and the expungement of the records because I had nothing to hide and have a personal policy of openness and honesty about events in my life," the statement said.

WKMG has confirmed that the information is included in the criminal background check conducted on Kronk prior to his hiring with Orange County."

Lili, Thank you for posting:) He sounds like he is on the up and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper