KS KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheriff: Enough evidence to charge parents of missing Kansas boy

The Butler County sheriff said Monday he thinks his office has found enough evidence to charge the adoptive parents of a boy whose disappearance went unreported for nearly a decade.
However, no one has been charged in the case of Adam Herrman, and Sheriff Craig Murphy stopped short of speculating what charges should be filed. Butler County Attorney Jan Satterfield did not immediately return messages seeking comment Monday.
Adam's adoptive parents, Valerie and Doug Herrman, could not be reached for comment. They currently live in Derby.
Valerie Herrman's attorney, Warner Eisenbise, declined to comment. However, Eisenbise previously has said that the Herrmans are innocent, that the boy was a frequent runaway, and that they didn't report his disappearance out of fear the state would take him and other children away from them.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1115133.html

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Unusual-murder-trial-begins/jR4H91OWFU2WtKcEQvfIHw.cspx

Monnat could soon find himself in the middle of another bodyless case. Butler County Attorney Jan Satterfield is still deciding whether or not to file charges – possibly murder charges – against Doug and Valerie Herrman. Their adoptive son Adam disappeared 10 years ago and the two never reported him missing.

Monnat is Doug Herrman’s attorney.

Guess what Adam? I am still thinking about you! I am still praying for you!

Butler County Attorney Updates Adam Herrman Case

Update: Eyewitness News contacted Jan Satterfield with the Butler County Attorney's Office. She tells us it will be at least another month before charges are filed or the case is handed to a grand jury.

When asked if the case was moving slowly, Satterfield said, "No, I just have a better idea on things we need to have confirmed and completed. There are various things that are important to me that law enforcement perhaps doesn't realize I need at the trial level."

When asked if she had narrowed down the charges or ruled anything out since she said, "I think it's all on the table."

As far as homicide-related charges, Satterfield says she's looking at either First Degree Felony Murder or Second Degree Murder.

More at link.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=10094610&nav=menu486_2_3

:blowkiss: sending hugs and kisses to you today Adam :blowkiss:

I searched and didn't find any updates. Does anyone know if there are any? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for murder charges.

Your so loved Adam! I am thinking of you tonight came to look to see if there was any news. We :blowkiss: love you Adam :blowkiss:

im assuming these people were not close to there relatives
I adopted my son through foster care, and if i told my family
oh by the way i gave him back they would be here in a sec and i cant even imagine what they would do to me. but they would go get him

this makes no sence to me at all

is there any news on this lately

Your "parents" may of forgot about you for years but I promise we wont forget about you here. Thinking about you Adam. You won't be forgotten.​

Listen up Adam. I want to keep you on the front page even if we don't have any new news. You deserve to be on the front page. Maybe someone will read this thread and know something so let's keep you on the front page! It is a disservice to you that the police is not doing more then they are. They need to blow this case wide open. WE LOVE YOU HERE ADAM!

Thanks for doing this-I wonder where he is frequently...

Thanks for doing this-I wonder where he is frequently...
I think about Adam everyday. First thing in the morning and then when I go to bed. I was a foster child that noone wanted and Adam's case has really touched me. I wish his thread was more active but I guess there is not much more to say right now . Except prayers and letting him know he is loved.

I think about Adam everyday. First thing in the morning and then when I go to bed. I was a foster child that noone wanted and Adam's case has really touched me. I wish his thread was more active but I guess there is not much more to say right now . Except prayers and letting him know he is loved.

look how short-sighted the world was if they were not willing to invest in you. :blowkiss: And you have love to give this little one who suffered-hats off to you!

I hope this town and state have the resources to keep on searching for this boy-his "parents" might have had infinite means of disposing of him given dad's profession, but they did not have the brains to diguise how they treated him so I am hoping that he is somewhere contained within a job sight etc that can be meticulously researched and found before too long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back