KS KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hearing set on records in missing boy case

A court hearing in El Dorado this morning will deal with the question of whether media can receive state records about Adam Herrman, whose disappearance at age 11 in 1999 has been the focus of a homicide investigation.

The Eagle; KWCH, Channel 12; and the Associated Press have each requested records about Adam from the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services. The records would include any allegations of him being abused.

More: http://www.kansas.com/adam/story/1117260.html

Search for missing boy to resume

Investigators searching for remains of an 11-year-old boy who disappeared in 1999 will look again along the Whitewater River near Towanda, Butler County Sheriff Craig Murphy said Tuesday.

"We are going back to the river Saturday," searching for any evidence that could be connected to Adam Herrman's disappearance, Murphy said.

As with a search for Adam earlier this month, investigators on Saturday will be assisted by anthropology experts and search dogs, Murphy said.

Saturday's search, which will begin around 8 a.m., will go farther south along the Whitewater, for about 2 miles. The river runs along the west side of Towanda.

I am so glad to hear that they are searching again. That kind of abuse deserves this kind of attention. I believe that if he were alive today, he would have come forward to the police by now.

Omg, renewed activity! This is great!

Omg, renewed activity! This is great!

Unfortunately not....if you look at the link closely, it says that it is a republication of an article from January of 2009. However, while the searches don't seem to still be happening, there is still activity on the case. I heard a local news interview of an investigator just within the last few days stating that they are still actively working on this case and a possible prosecution. It was on a Wichita television channel, I will try to find a link and edit it in later here.

jmoo

here is the link to KWCH Channel 12 in Wichita update: http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=11754404

Also, of the recently posted links, the one regarding the search on Saturday, and the one about the records requests are both old articles from a year ago. The one about the Butler county remembering Adam is a new article.

THEY better lock them up and throw away a key. Your telling me it's not illegal in some way to not report your 11 year old CHILD MISSING? and then Accept state and fed funds to raise him when you dont have him? that is Fraud plain and simple.

This breaks my heart! That picture of Adam just tugs at me, with his little smile and glasses.

I am so sick and tired of the horrible things adults do to innocent children! I pray there is a special place in hell for these monsters, even if they dont get what they richly deserve here on earth!

I live very close to Towanda and have family
that lives there, none of us know any of these
people,but I dont understand how someone can
just totally disappear and no one notices for
this many years, a very poor job done by srs and family members..
Poor Adam will never get justice at ths rate

I am reading the Georgia Tann book right now, and this case is so timely. I agree, there are a lot of good sides to adoption (I am an adoptee), but this is one of the very ugly ones. So sad for Adam, I hope he's safe wherever he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back