KS KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump:

Labor Day Weekend, Adam, if you did run away, I hope you have exactly the holiday you want!

Feb 23, 2018

BUTLER COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – Butler County Sheriff Kelly Herzet has been closely following the missing child investigation surrounding Lucas Hernandez. That’s partially because he knows firsthand how emotionally taxing a missing child investigation can be.

Herzet was a detective sergeant in 2008 when it was discovered that Adam Joseph Herrman of Towanda was missing. Upon further investigation, it was learned that Herrman had been missing since 1999. His adoptive parents continued to collect adoption subsidies on his behalf without reporting him gone.

The case has stayed very much in the forefront of Herzet’s mind since detectives turned the county upside down looking for Herrman or his remains.

“I think about Adam Herrman everyday. Every day when I get up in the morning and before I go to bed at night. I wonder if we’re going to get that tip tonight or sometime today, where we can find his remains and we can try to have justice for him and let his family have a place to bury his remains,” Herzet said.

With both cases, the public is encouraged to share the boys’ photos and call law enforcement with any information, no matter how little.

http://ksn.com/2018/02/23/butler-county-sheriff-parallels-missing-child-cases-investigations/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I sure would love it if both cases was solved. That would be the sweetest. There is really so many cases that I would love to see solved but these 2 would be to start.

Where is Adam? Investigators believe his mother is now only one with answer

Valerie Herrman says she remembers the day her son, 11-year-old Adam, ran away and the last words she spoke to him.

“When he said he wasn't coming back I told him good. I was upset...and we say mean things when we get mad, things you don't mean,” Valerie told us outside of her home in Grove, Oklahoma where she now lives.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wh...er-is-now-only-one-with-answer-481318451.html

Where is Adam? Investigators believe his mother is now only one with answer

Valerie Herrman says she remembers the day her son, 11-year-old Adam, ran away and the last words she spoke to him.

“When he said he wasn't coming back I told him good. I was upset...and we say mean things when we get mad, things you don't mean,” Valerie told us outside of her home in Grove, Oklahoma where she now lives.

[....]

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wh...er-is-now-only-one-with-answer-481318451.html

And this (wow!): "Investigators are working on a new age progression photo of Adam who would turn 31 this summer. They are also installing a billboard on Kellogg near Andover with information."

JUN 8, 2018
Butler County Sheriff's Office: Adam Herrman would be 31 today
The Butler County Sheriff's Office continues to remind the public about a boy who disappeared from the home of his adoptive parents in 1999.

Adam Herrman, aka, Irvin Sylvester Groeninger III, was born on June 8, 1987. He would be 31-years-old today.

Adam was adopted by Doug and Valerie Herrman. Doug died in July 2016. This April, Valerie told Factfinder 12 investigator Michael Schwanke, Adam ran away when he was just 11-years-old. She said she feared losing her other kids, so she never reported him missing.

Doug and Valerie Herrman served some time in prison for continuing to cash state aid checks after Adam’s disappearance, but have not been charged with his disappearance or presumed death.

"We want to take the time to recognize this young man and the impact he has had on the lives of countless people, including his family, the devoted followers of his story and those of us here at the Butler County Sheriff's Office," write the sheriff's office on the Facebook page, "Adam Joseph Herrman - Missing Since 1999".

JUN 8, 2018
Kansas boy missing since 1999 would be 31 years old today
A Kansas boy who was not reported missing for nearly 10 years after he disappeared would be 31 years old today.

Adam Herrman was a happy kid when he lived in a mobile home in Towanda. Then one day in 1999 the 11-year-old disappeared. His foster parents, Doug and Valerie Herrman say he ran away, but they continued to collect state benefits for years, never reporting the boy missing.

The Butler County Sheriff's Office has been working the case for seven years since they learned Adamwas missing in 2008. Sheriff Kelly Herzet told KAKE News in 2015 that Adam, born June 8, 1987, is likely dead. The foster parents who live in Oklahoma now, were never charged with harming Adam.

JAN 14, 2019
Jayme Closs' safe return in Wisc. sparks hope for cold cases in Kan.
The recent news of 13-year-old Jayme Closs being found safe after missing for several months in Wisconsin is the latest story bringing hope to local cases as it captures headlines nationally.

"We think about Adam every day. We have a picture of him in our lobby," says Butler County Sheriff Kelly Herzet. "I was reminiscing with some of the investigators and we were just saying how amazing it would be if Adam Herrman just walked through the door."

Herzet says he's hopeful when he hears stories like the Jayme Closs case where children are found alive after missing for months.

"It gives me hope," Herzet says. "It makes me think, 'Wow, it does happen,' Not every child that is abducted is murdered."

Herzet says he doesn't believe Herrman is alive, but he remains dedicated to someday closing the investigation.

"We need closure for him and that family," Herzet says.

This will sound a bit crazy, I googled Adam Herrman looking for an age progression photo and as I was scrolling through the results I came across a LinkedIn photo with that name but I thought it was just an age progression photo because they are so similar, there’s no chance Adam is alive and living in Wichita, right?

This will sound a bit crazy, I googled Adam Herrman looking for an age progression photo and as I was scrolling through the results I came across a LinkedIn photo with that name but I thought it was just an age progression photo because they are so similar, there’s no chance Adam is alive and living in Wichita, right?

Wait WHAT? Surely LE has checked with this Mr. Herrman!

And surely this Mr. Herrman is tired of the questions?

Would the child have chosen to use the name Doug & Valerie chose for him?

Weird, weird, weird....

Wait WHAT? Surely LE has checked with this Mr. Herrman!

And surely this Mr. Herrman is tired of the questions?

Would the child have chosen to use the name Doug & Valerie chose for him?

Weird, weird, weird....

I wondered if they legally changed his name, I thought it was super odd that he shared a last name with his adoptive parents.

I did not contact the Adam Herrman I found, found him on FB too and the resemblance in uncanny. I will say that if it’s him he’s likely had his ears pinned back.

The initial thread includes his birth/pre-adoption name.

As far as I know, a new birth certificate is generated at the time of legal adoption, usually using the adoptive parents' surname(s.)

The LinkedIn picture looks a bit full in the lower face to me?

JMHO

bucoksnews on Twitter
1/BREAKING: A man claiming to be Adam Herrman, the Towanda boy missing since 1999, has opened a Twitter account @herrman_adam. He spoke with me by phone Sunday afternoon and one detail of his story matches a verifiable source. He said he'd worked as a detention deputy at the
4:50 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
2/Butler County Jail in 2014 under the name Stephen Smith and, indeed, the @KansasOpenGov salary database shows a man by that name who worked there that year. Much work to do. May be a hoax, but he said he will take a DNA test for law enforcement. More: https://tinyurl.com/t5zr2xt
ERfgElvX0AEoJIg.jpg

4:56 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
3/Getting several messages from people who know Stephen Smith stating that he's going through a mental health issue. If so, @herrman_adam, you need to get help right away. Ultimately, it'll be up to law enforcement to resolve the matter. I left a message on Sheriff Herzet's cell
6:14 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
4/phone earlier today. I'm sure he and his detectives will quickly determine the credibility of this man's claims. Perhaps the attention.generated will cause someone with information.about the case to step forward. Stephen Smith's FB profile is apparently down.
6:26 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
Here's the profile pic someone sent me of Stephen Chadwick Smith. Again, the page appears to be down.
ERf2PZWW4AEVN55.jpg

6:33 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
Still too early to tell what's really happening here, but longtime Wichitans might remember the Poet. Here's some background. Just spoke with Stephen/Adam again by phone. He's an articulate fellow, very polite. Anyway, here's the piece on the Poet: Harassed by An Unknown Author of Vicious Rhymes, Ruth Finley Confronts the Stranger Within Herself
8:57 PM - 23 Feb 2020

bucoksnews on Twitter
@herrman_adam, I have received photos of you from your high school and post high school days. You sure look age-appropriate and well-fed in those pics. One is at a freshman debate tournament. The other is in 2014. If you're making this up, please admit it so that you won't harm
10:01 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
your family or Adam's. If you have a problem and need help, please just ask. Doing something like this is not the way to seek help.
10:02 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
1/@herrman_adam, I have been contacted by several people who knew Stephen C. Smith and/or his family. I have also heard from a number of Stephen's friends and parents of friends. Based on what they told me and the photos they shared with me privately, I have SERIOUS doubts about
10:17 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
2/Stephen's story. Of course, the investigation will continue and law enforcement will have the final say. I thank my readers for their time and sharing of information. If you truly know something about Adam's disappearance, please call the Butler County Sheriff's Office.
10:17 PM - 23 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

bucoksnews on Twitter
Replying to **********
ERhCdnrXsAEXhgE.jpg

12:06 AM - 24 Feb 2020

bucoksnews on Twitter
An explanation of how I learned about the @herrman_adam Twitter account. Above all, I hope the right people are brought to justice. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1271438839715887&id=485773411615771 …
1:40 AM - 24 Feb 2020 from El Dorado, KS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back