GUILTY KS - Andrew Finch, 28, killed by LE in 'swatting' prank, Wichita, 28 Dec 2017 *civil trial 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have read different info on that. Some say that he was targeted, but other reports say that it was not the other gamer's address. I don't know which is true.

Andrew dared them to swat him and gave his address. It was in the video

"According to posts on Twitter, two gamers were arguing when one threatened to target the other with a swatting call. The person who was the target of the swatting gave the other gamer a false address, which sent police to a nearby home instead of his own, according to Twitter posts."

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

Call of Duty gaming community points to ‘swatting’ in deadly Wichita police shooting

I'm finding nothing to indicate AF was a gamer or involved in any way with the hoax.

moo

bbm

Well then the training needs to change. There is no way humanly possible for someone to concentrate on and understand the words of several
strangers screaming at them at once. Absolutely ridiculous.

He was a terrorist who took over a news station and was holding a person hostage and was holding a gun in his hand when SWAT came in the room. Different situations. Here, the guy was not holding any weapon at all. But in the Dutch one he was more of a threat when they entered because he was actually and visibly holding a weapon when they entered. In the states he would have been immediately riddled with bullets. No wanring at all.

We tend to do things very different here in general. Maybe it is because there are so many guns here and LE is more prone as a result to be anticipating getting shot. Or fearful of that.

And again, I don't believe for a moment that Andrew was repeatedly reaching for his waistband. It makes no sense that all these unarmed people around the nation are constantly "reaching for their waistband" when approached by screaming cops.

You are right. This was no prank.

A prank call is what me and my sister did when I was 10 years old and called up our grandmother and asked her if her refrigerator was running, when she said yes, we told her she better hurry and catch it before it got away.

What TB did was a malicious act of revenge.

I have read different info on that. Some say that he was targeted, but other reports say that it was not the other gamer's address. I don't know which is true.

Andrew's mother said he was not a gamer. She said he had never gamed in any form. Wichita is fairly close to where I live so there is a lot on the local news here.

Here is what some people who are quick to point the finger at an officer who shoots and kills someone may not know.

That officer usually quits the force.
That officer often ends up drinking or turns to drugs to forget.
That officer usually ends up in a breakup of his/her relationship i.e. divorce ect
That officers life from the moment he pulls that trigger changes forever and and it is usually not a good change.

No I do not have any links to this, I do not know the exact statistics of this, because these are just some real life observations from personal stories I hear from some police officers.

So no, a police officer who has to kill someone in the line of duty never gets off scot free, unlike the ******* that called in this 911 who will probably walk with probation.

So let us review this shall we?

Andrew Finch - death sentence

Officer who shot him in the line of duty - a life sentence filled with nightmare, regrets, remorse.

******* who made the call - no remorse at all and probably walks with probation because everyone is focused on the officer involved and calling for his blood.

So tell me who is to blame?

I just can't accept that. It's inconsistent from what we see time and time again. The blue wall goes up immediately, usually they keep their job, and this keeps happening. If one cannot handle themselves under pressure and analyze a situation that may have even the tiniest bit of nuance, a gun is the LAST thing you should have. Andrew Finch was victimized twice and only one perpetrator will pay. I hope the family gets a huge settlement.

Andrew dared them to swat him and gave his address. It was in the video

I listened to it again and what the swatter said was two gamers were arguing and one told the other he was going to swat him. Gamer #2 told him to go ahead and gave him a random address. Gamer #1 then sent that random address to the swatter who then called in the 911. At least that is what I think was said.

I am sure by now that the FBI knows all parties involved. I asked my grandson, who has a PS, to look at the gaming site. He said the gaming site requires you to give a name and address and you need a credit card to join. Screen names aside those credit cards are going to lead FBI straight to everyone involved.

Who else besides me thinks those gaming sites should be shut down?

JMO

Police sometimes over react because they have been placed in dangerous situations so many times.

I have family members who are LE in the local, state and federal levels. They wear bullet proof vest but that doesn't always stop a bullet and most are totally ineffective against knives.

The stories they tell about how they answer a call, tell a suspect to place their hands over their head and the numerous times that the suspect either doesn't do it or charges toward the officer are too many to list on here.

I had a relative who once trusted a woman he had pulled over. He told her to step out of the car and place her hands on the hood. She stepped out but just stood there. He trusted her because she was an older woman so he walked toward her and reached to grab her arm. She stabbed him in the side through his vest.

So I know why they over react.

Watching the Dinkheller video did it for me. They just can't wait and coddle. If Dinkheller had shot that man before he got to his truck, everyone would have hated him for killing a vet, but, now the young LEO is many years dead and his baby boy, grew up w/o a father. There could very well have been a disaster in there, a fire starting, someone bleeding out, they did not know what they had. We have bad cops here, and we've got good ones, but the ones to blame, imo, is the dude who placed the call, and the guy who asked him to do so, and gave him the address.

I think for most average people who haven't had experience with LE, it's difficult to understand what's even going on. If the victim momentarily dropped his hands to pull up his pants, he's certainly not in any way to blame for his own death.

In response to the question asking whether more than one officer fired: From what I've read, it does not appear that way. Which leads me to believe that someone flinched.

100% agree.

If you have a gun pointed at you or numerous guns pointed at you, just OBEY what you are told. Don't argue, don't try to explain, don't run, don't reach for your pocket, waistband, cellphone. Do what you are TOLD to do. Then sort whether you are innocent or not out later. It is only common sense folks. Why is it so hard to understand?

JMO

Oh good grief. It's perfectly normal to be stunned and confused when a SWAT team shows up at your house for no reason. I can't believe that folks are blaming the victim in this.

I thought Andrew knew the police might be coming due to the chats he had

From what I've read, the gamer gave a false address with turned out to be the victim's. He had no idea that a SWAT team was coming.

From what I've read, the gamer gave a false address with turned out to be the victim's. He had no idea that a SWAT team was coming.

It was an old address of one of the gamers:(

I just can't accept that. It's inconsistent from what we see time and time again. The blue wall goes up immediately, usually they keep their job, and this keeps happening. If one cannot handle themselves under pressure and analyze a situation that may have even the tiniest bit of nuance, a gun is the LAST thing you should have. Andrew Finch was victimized twice and only one perpetrator will pay. I hope the family gets a huge settlement.

What you are describing is immediately after the officer involved incident. What you do not see is 2, 3, 5 years down the road when the officer is an unemployed drunk or drug addict because he/she cannot live with killing an unarmed person.

Could you live with killing another human being? Even if it was judged justifiable? I know I couldn't.

Oh good grief. It's perfectly normal to be stunned and confused when a SWAT team shows up at your house for no reason. I can't believe that folks are blaming the victim in this.

Let me straighten something out.

I do not blame the victim Andrew Finch. The man had every right to walk out on his front porch.

I do not blame the officer involved in the shooting. He/she had every right to expect there was an armed and dangerous man inside that house because he had been told that by dispatch.
The officer had every right to try to save the lives of his fellow officers and the lives of any people in that house believed to be in danger. Once more just so it sinks in. He was informed by dispatch there was an armed and dangerous man at that address.

So who do I blame?
Mr.Tyler Barriss and his merry band of fellow gamers who it seems hasn't got the brains that God gave a goose and because of a 2.00 bet took the life of a young father who did nothing wrong.

We should be talking about how to get stricter laws against swatting. We should be talking about enacting laws to shut down these gaming sites. The world is a dangerous enough place as it is without having these brainless, clueless gamers out there swatting us.

That should be where we are all at right now in this discussion.

JMO

Watching the Dinkheller video did it for me. They just can't wait and coddle. If Dinkheller had shot that man before he got to his truck, everyone would have hated him for killing a vet, but, now the young LEO is many years dead and his baby boy, grew up w/o a father. There could very well have been a disaster in there, a fire starting, someone bleeding out, they did not know what they had. We have bad cops here, and we've got good ones, but the ones to blame, imo, is the dude who placed the call, and the guy who asked him to do so, and gave him the address.

BBM

Hi RSD, good to see you in this discussion. I 100% agree with you say.

It seems you and I have discussed this LE topic left, right and sideways. Yes there are LE that are bad apples. JJ comes to mind.

But in this case the real culprit was three gamers who have no respect for human lives. They set that innocent man up to die and they set that LE officer up for a lifetime of nightmares, remorse and regrets.

1st degree murder for all three gamers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back