Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This would explain why things weren't adding up, dates were changing, stories were changing. Ugh. Praying for Ashley. Please let her be safe!
Yes, things weren't adding up. The big issue though is that the dates and stories were adjusting as if the effort were to avoid Friday evening for some reason and yet there is that call to her friend in Ohio on Saturday. For me, that is the conundrum. What, of all things concerning Friday, would then be something that manifests itself sometime after Saturday, 6:15pm?

I just can't understand the motive to try to make Friday evening a blank slate after the fact of knowing there was a Saturday phone call from the very first reports. It was what prompted her family to report her missing in the first place. It just seems to me that in doing so it draws more attention to Friday evening and those adjusting the story or otherwise inserting themselves into the case rather than the opposite.

The vibe I get from the posts on Bring Ash Home is more along the lines of the Katie Kearns case out of Joliet, IL. In that case she got hooked up with The Outlaws motorcycle gang. Unless there is a connection to an organized criminal group it would be pretty hard to come across people that just so happen to be mere friends that also just so happen to have been charged and/or convicted of violent crimes.

What exactly did Ashley get herself into? How far back before she goes missing does that all start - days, weeks, months?

Just a rehash of a previous article. IMO, the devil lies somewhere within these details.

>>snip

The next day, Thursday May 17, around 6:00 p.m., witnesses would later tell police they saw Ashley leave her apartment in running gear. This would have been normal, Tom told Dateline. What wasn’t normal, however, was that Ashley didn’t take her bulldog, Flicker, on the run with her.

“Flicker is basically her service dog. It’s very, very odd that she didn’t take her dog,” Tom said.

Ashley left her cell phone, I.D., and car at her apartment. She never came back to get them.

Authorities and family members tell Dateline it’s unclear where Ashley stayed the night of Thursday, May 17. The next morning around 9:30 a.m., surveillance footage shows her walking into a nearby post office and picking up her mail.

“The lady hands her the mail -- one letter. Ashley opens it, and all of a sudden her demeanor changes,” Tom told Dateline. “She becomes depressed. She is normally upbeat and social.”

Riley County Police Department Detective Steve Tucker told Dateline that later that day, Ashley was also seen at a nearby community center, and then again at night at a local bar. Det. Tucker said police have spoken with two men who Ashley spoke with at the bar, but they told authorities Ashley didn’t say where she was going when she left the bar.

“Nobody know who she came with or who she left with,” Tom told Dateline.

Ashley has not been seen since leaving the bar, but police tell Dateline she did make a brief call to a friend the next day.

“Ashley calls an old Army friend of hers -- a female friend of hers -- and says she is feeling depressed and that it’s hard going through the divorce and not being with her kids all the time,” Tom said, adding that Ashley did not say where she was or who she was with during that phone call.

Detective Tucker told Dateline police began their investigation that day, May 19, after receiving calls from family and friends that Ashley was missing.

Through their investigation, police tried to trace the call Ashley made to her friend on the morning of the 19th. Detective Tucker said when they attempted to do so through Verizon, they found out the call had been coming from an application that blocks the caller’s location.

Army veteran disappears from Kansas; family worried for her safety

What I can't shake is the sense that there was something else other than PTSD at play in terms of what was going on with Ashley and likely whatever that is put the divorce in motion. Kansas is a hybrid state so you can file for divorce for a limited set of faults or file a no fault divorce. I haven't paid to find out but based on how it was going along, including the protection order and violations thereof, my gut says it was a fault divorce.

I could be wrong, of course. However, the only scenarios where I think Ashley could be alive is if she had been involved with someone else or the very small chance this could be something like the Michele Roode Boyd case.

Just a rehash of a previous article. IMO, the devil lies somewhere within these details.

>>snip

The next day, Thursday May 17, around 6:00 p.m., witnesses would later tell police they saw Ashley leave her apartment in running gear. This would have been normal, Tom told Dateline. What wasn’t normal, however, was that Ashley didn’t take her bulldog, Flicker, on the run with her.

“Flicker is basically her service dog. It’s very, very odd that she didn’t take her dog,” Tom said.

Ashley left her cell phone, I.D., and car at her apartment. She never came back to get them.

Authorities and family members tell Dateline it’s unclear where Ashley stayed the night of Thursday, May 17. The next morning around 9:30 a.m., surveillance footage shows her walking into a nearby post office and picking up her mail.

“The lady hands her the mail -- one letter. Ashley opens it, and all of a sudden her demeanor changes,” Tom told Dateline. “She becomes depressed. She is normally upbeat and social.”

Riley County Police Department Detective Steve Tucker told Dateline that later that day, Ashley was also seen at a nearby community center, and then again at night at a local bar. Det. Tucker said police have spoken with two men who Ashley spoke with at the bar, but they told authorities Ashley didn’t say where she was going when she left the bar.

“Nobody know who she came with or who she left with,” Tom told Dateline.

Ashley has not been seen since leaving the bar, but police tell Dateline she did make a brief call to a friend the next day.

“Ashley calls an old Army friend of hers -- a female friend of hers -- and says she is feeling depressed and that it’s hard going through the divorce and not being with her kids all the time,” Tom said, adding that Ashley did not say where she was or who she was with during that phone call.

Detective Tucker told Dateline police began their investigation that day, May 19, after receiving calls from family and friends that Ashley was missing.

Through their investigation, police tried to trace the call Ashley made to her friend on the morning of the 19th. Detective Tucker said when they attempted to do so through Verizon, they found out the call had been coming from an application that blocks the caller’s location.

Army veteran disappears from Kansas; family worried for her safety

All of this sadly feels like self harm, to me. I don't think the bar guys had anything to do with anything. She called a friend using a blocking app (so no one could track her) and said she was depressed. She didn't say she was excited and hanging out with a new guy, she didn't say she was with a guy and nervous, she didn't even mention a guy. I don't think it has anything to do with anyone but herself. I hope she is taking a break, but considering her birthday came and went, I am less hopeful about that scenario. :(

The picture of AM with the Scream mask on caught my eye. Could she be part of a group that wears those to disguise themselves? (For whatever reason)

Also, isn't her dog an English Bulldog? How did her dog keep up with her running, especially in warm weather?
I ask this because maybe that's why she left him behind. Too hot!

Yes, there was one last weekend. I got permission tonight to search a plot on private property on the river, but the land owner has been mushroom hunting it lately. So, the search that will be conducted tomorrow will probably be a waste to of time. But it will be searched and crossed off the map. I will have to let the unofficial search coordinator know when I am done. The land owner only gave me permission to search. Most of the plot is really overgrown and way off the beaten path.
I wanted to follow up. What is the situation with search activities as of two weeks later?

Well if you check out the Bring Ash Home page you get to see their latest post. I sure as hell hope that what they linked isn't the basis for what her family thinks happened.

The tarot card reader is using our image art for our episode about Ashley without permission. They copied and pasted the entire image, including our logo, from our website to their website. We are working to get it taken down. Our listeners are even asking us if we are working with this tarot card reader. What a mess.

The tarot card reader is using our image art for our episode about Ashley without permission. They copied and pasted the entire image, including our logo, from our website to their website. We are working to get it taken down. Our listeners are even asking us if we are working with this tarot card reader. What a mess.

How extremely frustrating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webgirl60
Back